“Nice room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Salt Lake Inn

Save Saved
You added Salt Lake Inn to your Saves list
Salt Lake Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1659 West North Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84116 (Formerly Quality Inn Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
call direct and SAVE$$$$
Ranked #27 of 75 hotels in Salt Lake City
Alliance, Nebraska
“Nice room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I recently stayed at the Salt Lake Inn. I was given one of the newly renovated rooms. I found it to be nice, as well as clean. The price was great.
On the down side. They were using a new type of bed covering and I found it to be light and did not care for it. Several items were missing from the room. Remote for the T.V., and hand towels come to mind.
I found the staff to be courteous and helpful. They are in the process of a major renovation and I think it will be really nice once completed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SaltLakeInnGM, General Manager at Salt Lake Inn, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of the Salt lake Inn. We appreciate your positive comments about our hotel and the renovation however, I will share your comments with the team to insure that our guest rooms are 100% complete before any guest checks into them. Regarding your comment about the bed covering, we recently received our brand new bed comforters and they have all been added to our bedding package and they are fluffy and warm. Thank you again and we look forward to having you back to stay with us.

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Logan, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I recently spent time at the Salt Lake Inn during the construction. The newly remodeled rooms have all new furniture and a clean feel. The management as stated is on the ball. The courtyard is spacious and comfortable. The hotel was a bit dusty from the construction but I suspect it won't last. I took a walk through the old grungy side of the hotel under construction and I completely agree with those who gave the hotel low ratings. The place was a dive. It's nice to see some new management can make such a difference.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are furthest from roads.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about the NEW Salt Lake Inn! I agree 100% that prior to the recent ownership and management change, this hotel was in need of a lot of work. I'm proud to say that we are nearly complete with the hotel lobby and public areas along with the meeting rooms and banquet space. Most of the guest rooms are completely renovated and they look great, the hotel has a whole new look and feel to it. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Salt Lake Inn.
Forest Grove, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Salt Lake was having a large outdoor conference. All the rooms in the city were booked up. I had no choice but to stay here. This is a disgusting place. The A/C unit is loud and carpet, walls, have not change from other review. (poor/ filthy)Management is totally unprofessional. My reservation and other customers were lost. I had my company contact them and they threw together a room that was under construction for me so they would not have to pay to put me in another hotel. Bring your own personal products because the front desk does not supply them. The day manager was complaining about a customer when I walked up. She continued to complain while looking me in the face. She was referring to him by his race. This is not a place for a business traveler

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SaltLakeInnGM, General Manager at Salt Lake Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
On behalf of the new owners and management of the Salt Lake Inn, I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your arrival and stay at our Hotel. We have been going through an extensive hotel renovation during the past two months and we try to accommodate all of our guests the best way we can and unfortunately we failed to take care of you. I was sorry to see your comment about the management as ‘unprofessional’ regarding the unacceptable comment that was made about one of our guests, I can assure you that the new owners and management have the guest’s best interest above all and we will not tolerate comments like that from any of our managers and staff. We have made numerous management and staff changes since then and we have instilled strict new guidelines and policies at the Salt Lake Inn to make sure that this will not happen again.
I would like to personally speak with you to apologize and to learn more about your stay and what improvements we have made. I hope that you will accept our apology and we would like to make it up to you and invite you back to stay with us in one of our newly renovated rooms when you are back in Salt Lake City area again in the future.

Eric, General Manager at the SALT LAKE INN

Been to Salt Lake Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Salt Lake Inn

Quality Inn Airport Hotel
Quality Inn Airport Hotel Salt Lake City
Airport Quality Inn
Quality Inn Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City Quality Inn
Salt Lake Inn Salt Lake City, Utah
Address: 1659 West North Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84116 (Formerly Quality Inn Airport)
Location: United States > Utah > Salt Lake City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#30 Business Hotel in Salt Lake City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Salt Lake Inn 2.5*
We are going through renovations right now. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Salt Lake Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Salt Lake Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.