“This place needs an undercover boss!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House

You added Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1220 East 2100 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84106 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Salt Lake City - Sugar House)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #58 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“This place needs an undercover boss!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

If you're staying there for the night, then it's okay. This property used to be a Homestead Village and the sign is still there on the front wall. In fact, if you were to GPS this extended stay, you won't find it. You would have to input in Homestead Village. I was there for several months and got one of the renovated rooms which still needed the bath room mirror to be hung. During my stay the hot water boiler blew up and so there was not hot water for a day. My toilet also had a leak. These were attended to quickly, but if there are any mishaps during the weekend, there is no maintenance crew to help. You would have to wait for the week day. You are compensated by them putting you in another room. My room didn't have certain amenities like a cutting board and I had to wash the pans and utensils as they were not clean. The room was clean and there were fresh towels. The bedding gets changed every seven days. Typical ESH policy.
A friend of mine spent a couple of days there and her room smelled like curry. She left after there was a massive leak in her shower that left everything wet and rendered the bathroom unusable.
I don't blame the staff. They were very accommodating and very friendly. The manager was also quite accommodating as well. I think that someone from the Extended Stay corporation needs to look at this place if they are going to maintain their brand. The place is always full for the most part so I think that's why there has not been enough attention given to this hotel.
The hotel is situated next to a shopping complex and there are some good places to eat if you don't feel like cooking. The hotel is also next to a small park which is used frequently. A bigger park is only a block away and can be accessed through a recently built tunnel.
You can do your wash as usual. I just didn't like the fact that the door leading to the laundry area had a busted lock so anyone could get in.
All in all, the place served it's purpose. I'm just glad I didn't have to stay there any longer.

Room Tip: The best rooms are on the third floor and ask for an even numbered room so you won't hear the st...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We are glad that you enjoyed our location and found our staff to be accommodating; however, we are disappointed to hear about the maintenance issues you experienced during your stay. In response to your feedback, we are following up on the maintenance items you addressed in your review.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at slu@extendedstay.com. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Awesome place to stay, beds were beyond comfortable! Beautiful surroundings, little park right out your door. We were given an amazing discout on our price because we were coming to have a surgical procedure done at Intermountain hospital, which I found as such a kind unexpected act of kindness!!! Overall experience was just amazing, if I were to go back to Salt Lake I would not stay anywhere !!!

• Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
We want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are so glad that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed your comfortable room. We strive to provide our guests with a "home away from home" experience, and it sounds like we did just that during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at slu@extendedstay.com. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My sheets were obviously never washed as there were multiple dark stains at the head of the bed and the pillow cases reeked. I asked housekeeping for new bedding. They made me bring it down to them. I expected them to come remake the bed with fresh linens, but instead a bag was dropped at my door. I was told to "take it". I made the bed. Ridiculousness!

Needless to say, I will NEVER be staying here again!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ryan - We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We will be working with our housekeeping staff to make sure all of our bedding is cleaned properly and that we are providing our guests with quality service at all times.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at slu@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Jackson, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night. We were pretty excited about staying here as its very close our family. The gals at the front desk were very nice check in was fast and easy. when we got to our room I didnt not want to stay there. it felt really dated and used. The beds did not look welcoming the bedspreads were extremely wrinkley. Overall it just gave me a bad feeling. We did stay though and the beds were comfortable. I would not book this hotel again, I could pay the same amount and feel a little more pampered in a different hotel. one more thing that really annoyed me....there isnt a hot tub :-(

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The first room reeked of smoke and there was a cigarette butt right outside the door despite being non smoking floor. The manager kindly changed us to another room, which smelled fine, but was so poorly equipped for eating in (the whole point of extended stay). For 4 people there were 2 forks, 1 spoon, one stirring spoon, a couple of plates and a single tiny saucepan. No dishwasher and only a tiny packet of single use dish soap. There was no trap in the sink to catch bits of food so sink would clog whenever we washed dishes to take turns eating. Space is way too small for 2 queens. So disappointed we left after the first night to stay at a different hotel even though we had paid for 3 nights. A waste of money.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

We had made a reservation to stay here via credit card 6 weeks ago for my brother's commissioning. We chose this hotel based on the location and proximity to my brother and the fact that other people we knew were also staying there. When we arrived to check in at 5:40pm, we were told that they were completely full. That it didn't matter that we had a reservation with a credit card, Extended Stay America's policy was to administer rooms on a first come first serve basis. Their offer to fix this horrid scenario was to send us to their other location 5 miles away where again, it was not guaranteed that we would be able to get a room despite having made a reservation with a credit card!!! I have NEVER heard of any policy like this. This occurred on a Friday night during a busy weekend and we were lucky enough to book a hotel somewhere else at the last minute. We will NEVER be staying at ANY Extended Stay America EVER again! Stay away if you are counting on your reservation to get a room!!!

Stayed May 2014
Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Clean and very nice recent updates. Love the location - you can get to anywhere from here. Love how quiet it is on the backside rooms and the riparian / wooded area to walk my dog. This is where we always stay when visiting SLC.

Room Tip: Rooms in back are quiet - great area if you you are traveling with a dog.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Susan - The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your time at our newly renovated hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the near future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House? Share your experiences!