“Wonderful hotel, centrally located!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1220 East 2100 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84106 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Salt Lake City - Sugar House)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #59 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
“Wonderful hotel, centrally located!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Awesome place to stay, beds were beyond comfortable! Beautiful surroundings, little park right out your door. We were given an amazing discout on our price because we were coming to have a surgical procedure done at Intermountain hospital, which I found as such a kind unexpected act of kindness!!! Overall experience was just amazing, if I were to go back to Salt Lake I would not stay anywhere !!!

• Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
We want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are so glad that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed your comfortable room. We strive to provide our guests with a "home away from home" experience, and it sounds like we did just that during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at slu@extendedstay.com. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My sheets were obviously never washed as there were multiple dark stains at the head of the bed and the pillow cases reeked. I asked housekeeping for new bedding. They made me bring it down to them. I expected them to come remake the bed with fresh linens, but instead a bag was dropped at my door. I was told to "take it". I made the bed. Ridiculousness!

Needless to say, I will NEVER be staying here again!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ryan - We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We will be working with our housekeeping staff to make sure all of our bedding is cleaned properly and that we are providing our guests with quality service at all times.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at slu@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Jackson, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night. We were pretty excited about staying here as its very close our family. The gals at the front desk were very nice check in was fast and easy. when we got to our room I didnt not want to stay there. it felt really dated and used. The beds did not look welcoming the bedspreads were extremely wrinkley. Overall it just gave me a bad feeling. We did stay though and the beds were comfortable. I would not book this hotel again, I could pay the same amount and feel a little more pampered in a different hotel. one more thing that really annoyed me....there isnt a hot tub :-(

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The first room reeked of smoke and there was a cigarette butt right outside the door despite being non smoking floor. The manager kindly changed us to another room, which smelled fine, but was so poorly equipped for eating in (the whole point of extended stay). For 4 people there were 2 forks, 1 spoon, one stirring spoon, a couple of plates and a single tiny saucepan. No dishwasher and only a tiny packet of single use dish soap. There was no trap in the sink to catch bits of food so sink would clog whenever we washed dishes to take turns eating. Space is way too small for 2 queens. So disappointed we left after the first night to stay at a different hotel even though we had paid for 3 nights. A waste of money.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

We had made a reservation to stay here via credit card 6 weeks ago for my brother's commissioning. We chose this hotel based on the location and proximity to my brother and the fact that other people we knew were also staying there. When we arrived to check in at 5:40pm, we were told that they were completely full. That it didn't matter that we had a reservation with a credit card, Extended Stay America's policy was to administer rooms on a first come first serve basis. Their offer to fix this horrid scenario was to send us to their other location 5 miles away where again, it was not guaranteed that we would be able to get a room despite having made a reservation with a credit card!!! I have NEVER heard of any policy like this. This occurred on a Friday night during a busy weekend and we were lucky enough to book a hotel somewhere else at the last minute. We will NEVER be staying at ANY Extended Stay America EVER again! Stay away if you are counting on your reservation to get a room!!!

Stayed May 2014
Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Clean and very nice recent updates. Love the location - you can get to anywhere from here. Love how quiet it is on the backside rooms and the riparian / wooded area to walk my dog. This is where we always stay when visiting SLC.

Room Tip: Rooms in back are quiet - great area if you you are traveling with a dog.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Susan - The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your time at our newly renovated hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the near future!
PAGE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

As I checked in on the evening of 3/27/14 the polite young man asked the women behind the front desk with him if he should give me a room besides 310. She told him "no", 310 would be fine they were just finishing with cleaning the room. When we went in the room it definitely smelled of cleaning agents. Later that night, I noticed a wet area around the base of the toilet. It was a mixture of water and silicone caulk that hadn't set up. Around 3 am I awoke and the smell of the cleaning agents had gone away and the room smelled like mold or sewage or a mixture. After loading up the car that morning and going back into the room the sewage/mold smell was very noticeable and not my imagination. On checking out of the hotel that morning, I mentioned (politely) the toilet leak and the fact it probably had been leaking for some time because of the smell. The clerk working at that time said they had just moved someone out of that room the previous day because of the leaking toilet.

I'm not sure if the maintenance people were in a hurry or if the front desk/management just had overbooked and they let someone have the room too early. I would suggest that the wax seal between the toilet and the sewer line needs to be replaced, not just caulking around the base of the toilet. There may be flooring damage as well as ceiling damage in room 210.

From my experience this property is not being well taken care of.

Room Tip: Stay out of room 310 no matter what.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Edward - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I apologize that the condition of your room was unsatisfactory during your stay. I met with our maintenance staff and the issue has been resolved. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at sug@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House? Share your experiences!