You added Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1220 East 2100 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84106 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Salt Lake City - Sugar House)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #58 of 74 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Jackson, Wyoming
“Didnt enjoy it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night. We were pretty excited about staying here as its very close our family. The gals at the front desk were very nice check in was fast and easy. when we got to our room I didnt not want to stay there. it felt really dated and used. The beds did not look welcoming the bedspreads were extremely wrinkley. Overall it just gave me a bad feeling. We did stay though and the beds were comfortable. I would not book this hotel again, I could pay the same amount and feel a little more pampered in a different hotel. one more thing that really annoyed me....there isnt a hot tub :-(

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The first room reeked of smoke and there was a cigarette butt right outside the door despite being non smoking floor. The manager kindly changed us to another room, which smelled fine, but was so poorly equipped for eating in (the whole point of extended stay). For 4 people there were 2 forks, 1 spoon, one stirring spoon, a couple of plates and a single tiny saucepan. No dishwasher and only a tiny packet of single use dish soap. There was no trap in the sink to catch bits of food so sink would clog whenever we washed dishes to take turns eating. Space is way too small for 2 queens. So disappointed we left after the first night to stay at a different hotel even though we had paid for 3 nights. A waste of money.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We had made a reservation to stay here via credit card 6 weeks ago for my brother's commissioning. We chose this hotel based on the location and proximity to my brother and the fact that other people we knew were also staying there. When we arrived to check in at 5:40pm, we were told that they were completely full. That it didn't matter that we had a reservation with a credit card, Extended Stay America's policy was to administer rooms on a first come first serve basis. Their offer to fix this horrid scenario was to send us to their other location 5 miles away where again, it was not guaranteed that we would be able to get a room despite having made a reservation with a credit card!!! I have NEVER heard of any policy like this. This occurred on a Friday night during a busy weekend and we were lucky enough to book a hotel somewhere else at the last minute. We will NEVER be staying at ANY Extended Stay America EVER again! Stay away if you are counting on your reservation to get a room!!!

Stayed May 2014
Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Clean and very nice recent updates. Love the location - you can get to anywhere from here. Love how quiet it is on the backside rooms and the riparian / wooded area to walk my dog. This is where we always stay when visiting SLC.

Room Tip: Rooms in back are quiet - great area if you you are traveling with a dog.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Susan - The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your time at our newly renovated hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the near future!
PAGE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

As I checked in on the evening of 3/27/14 the polite young man asked the women behind the front desk with him if he should give me a room besides 310. She told him "no", 310 would be fine they were just finishing with cleaning the room. When we went in the room it definitely smelled of cleaning agents. Later that night, I noticed a wet area around the base of the toilet. It was a mixture of water and silicone caulk that hadn't set up. Around 3 am I awoke and the smell of the cleaning agents had gone away and the room smelled like mold or sewage or a mixture. After loading up the car that morning and going back into the room the sewage/mold smell was very noticeable and not my imagination. On checking out of the hotel that morning, I mentioned (politely) the toilet leak and the fact it probably had been leaking for some time because of the smell. The clerk working at that time said they had just moved someone out of that room the previous day because of the leaking toilet.

I'm not sure if the maintenance people were in a hurry or if the front desk/management just had overbooked and they let someone have the room too early. I would suggest that the wax seal between the toilet and the sewer line needs to be replaced, not just caulking around the base of the toilet. There may be flooring damage as well as ceiling damage in room 210.

From my experience this property is not being well taken care of.

Room Tip: Stay out of room 310 no matter what.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Edward - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I apologize that the condition of your room was unsatisfactory during your stay. I met with our maintenance staff and the issue has been resolved. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at sug@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Nice location and great updated rooms but like most extevded stays under staffed and over worked. Its not nice to treat all your guests like the only reason they are there i they have no place to go. I paid good money and get treated poorly by employees who dont know what they're doing and rather than decide to train them a cranky manager shows up and fixes the problem.

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I was disheartened to learn that you were not satisfied with our level of customer service. In response to your feedback, I will meet with our entire staff to review our customer service policies and guest protocol so that this issue does not affect future guests. If you would like to discuss this issue any further, please contact me directly, at ksavelieva@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S and Canada in the future.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I'm a regular here at sugarhouse and on my most recent trip I've had my worst hotel experience EVER! Management has changed again and quite frankly this new lady does not belong in this business at all. My room wasn't clean and my check in process was horrible. Management didn't give a crap and blamed her employees. I know the property was in better shape a few months ago than it is now. I will now be looking for another place to stay in SLC and tell my company to take this hotel off it's lodging list.

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The problems you experienced while checking in are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As well, I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be reviewing your comments with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at ksavelieva@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House? Share your experiences!