“I've had better stays before” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1220 East 2100 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84106 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Salt Lake City - Sugar House)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #59 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Los Angeles, California
“I've had better stays before”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I'm a regular here at sugarhouse and on my most recent trip I've had my worst hotel experience EVER! Management has changed again and quite frankly this new lady does not belong in this business at all. My room wasn't clean and my check in process was horrible. Management didn't give a crap and blamed her employees. I know the property was in better shape a few months ago than it is now. I will now be looking for another place to stay in SLC and tell my company to take this hotel off it's lodging list.

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The problems you experienced while checking in are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As well, I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be reviewing your comments with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at ksavelieva@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The front desk staffs needs to get a better customer service training. The Hispanic lady that's working here never smile and we need to keep reminded her on what we need. I feel her service is really bad and definitely needs more training.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I’m disappointed to learn that our level of customer service did not meet your expectations. I will meet with the entire staff to review our customer service policies and guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated. Again, thank you for the feedback. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Rate was elevated for the period, therefore wasn't good value. The kitchen was incomplete (no pots, pans, kettle and very few dishes). The central reservation process didn't work, so I ended up calling the hotel directly. That went okay, but not stellar. I've stayed here before and had a better experience than this time.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The room and the kitchenette are tidy and very clean, but everything is so tiny. No closet, only a coat-hanging area with a curtain. The staff is unsympathetic to your needs. The night clerk refused to call a taxi for us, and when asked how I should go about calling a cab myself, answered: "Look it up on your phone".
The hotel is in the nice area, convenient shopping near-by, but the parking lot is shared by a bunch of other businesses, and the loading-unloading area is small and inefficient.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel’s great location and your clean, tidy kitchen. Still, we apologize that our staff was unable to fully meet your needs during your stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken with our staff regarding this issue to ensure that your experience in not repeated. As well, we are sorry that our hotel’s parking and unloading areas did not meet your expectations. We will take your review into consideration as we continuously work to improve our hotel.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sug@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at a Extended Stay America location. Very nice and cozy. Jessica at the front desk was very nice and helpful. Very chirpy and smiles a lot. The room was cozy and warm when I walked in and very clean. I was told that my room has been recently renovated, and it looked that way. One very nice touch they had was cushions built into the wall as the headboard of the bed. This is wonderful for someone who likes to sit up in bed and work on the computer.
Lots of closet space (if you are in town for snowboard/skiing you will have space to put your things)
Full kitchen, fridge, microwave and even toaster!
Great place. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
It is so rewarding to read that you had another relaxing stay at our hotel. Thank you for your comments. I am so glad that our staff provided you with such great service, especially Jessica, and that you enjoyed your room as well as the amenities we provide. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This location in Sugar House makes the hotel great. Everything is in walking distance and takes no time at all. The rooms are much nicer than before, I stay here every few months and the new rooms that they just remodeled are fantastic. They are still doing more rooms so it's a little noisy but other than that my stay was good. The staff are friendly and respectful and try their hardest to help some of the most unbearable guest. The internet was mediocre but hey what can you do when it's free? I enjoy my stay here every time I come to Salt Lake

Room Tip: A room in the back is much quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Jamie - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It was disheartening to read that the Wi-Fi was not working properly; however, I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your remodeled room and our hotel's location. As well, I am glad to read that our staff provided you with such great service.

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

The location is perfect with Whole Foods and Barnes and Nobles nearby and a myriad of restaurants within walking distance. But even this did very little to make up for the HORRIBLE conditions I found here. Internet was slow (truly too slow. my phone was often faster), the manager terrible and unruly, night staff was poorly trained (DO NOT EVER try to solve a problem at night) my shower either had no pressure or was louder than a Harley and in the end the best parts of this hotel quit months ago out of their own frustrations, and in the three months that I was there my room was only cleaned 6 times. If you plan on staying here a day or two it might be worth it. Long term stay will drive you insane. Pay the extra 10 bucks and stay at a real hotel.

Room Tip: The best tip I can give is to stay at another hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you had problems with the internet. We have changed our internet provider to improve our internet service. I am really sorry that you left with a bad impression about the staff. We strive to resolve all issues in a timely manner and I will work with my staff to ensure that this done with all guests. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are making sure that long term guests receive the appropriate weekly housekeeping.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Your feedback will help improve our services and our guest satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me directly, at sug @extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Been to Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House? Share your experiences!