“You get your money's worth” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House

You added Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1220 East 2100 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84106 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Salt Lake City - Sugar House)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #58 of 74 Hotels in Salt Lake City
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“You get your money's worth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We found the staff pleasant, friendly and trying their best to be helpful. Room was decent, clean and pretty comfortable. The kitchen part is very convenient for those who enjoy eating in. Full size fridge with freezer, two burners, etc. Normal size bathroom with full bath/shower. Location is great. Right next to full shopping mall. The only complaint I had was with some of other guests ignoring the no-smoking rules. All in all we were rather satisfied with the two nights that we stayed there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. Thank you for the kind comments about the staff and the hotel; however, we apologize that other guests were smoking in the non-smoking areas. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I am taking action and that we are enforcing the smoking in designated areas policy at our hotel to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at sug@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This property has a super location right in Sugar House. A bit more like an apartment complex, than hotel. Directions on their website were incorrect which was a bit annoying at 2 am. Rooms are dated, but very reasonable. Nice an quiet except the plumbing. We had a good nights rest. I could stay in this place for a week. Good value. Could be newer and nicer but for the price it was a steal. I have stayed in many hotels of this quality and paid double the price, merely because of a good location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize that you had problems with directions to our hotel due to the incorrect information on our website. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am reviewing the information on our website to make sure it is correct. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sug@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Room temperature was hard to control and the air conditioner fan was so noisey it made sleep difficult. No evidence of housekeeping service. The shower was inoperative. There were no coffee cups, mugs, drinking glasses or plates in kitchen; the desk clerk provided styrofoam cups upon request. Two light bulbs were burned out. I was not paying for the room (3-Day Kitchen and Bath reserved it for me while they did remodeling at my home and asked me to vacate while they worked). Therefore I did not complain about the things I found unacceptable.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Rooms come with kitchen which is great but maid service is weekly so be prepared for that. When I checked in, the AC wasn't working in my room and after waiting 30 minutes for a technician I asked to be switched to a different room. I finally was, but it seemed like I was asking a huge favor (considering it was 95 I didn't think so.) the rest of the stay was fine and the rooms have recently been upgraded I believe. Plan to park your car and walk around, the neighborhood is great.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that the A/C was not working in your room; however, I am glad that our staff was able to move you to another room in a timely fashion. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have put together a plan with my maintenance engineer to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sug@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Roy, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My hubby and I stayed here and found it perfect for our needs. The room was clean, spacious and close to shopping and dining. We were just driving around looking for a place to stay for our weekend get away. We knew some friends preforming in a local venue and wanted to be close enough to walk to it. This place was perfectly located. And imagine my delight when I found the room complete with a kitchenette for a late night snacking and shopping just steps away. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Gwen - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the kitchenette in your room, as well as our location in relation to the local shopping area.

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed at this property in March 2013. This is an extended stay property (no daily housekeeping) and it's location (it backs up to an open space area) makes it fairly quiet. I would call this a budget hotel. The reviewer who compared it favorably to a 5 star hotel is delusional. The price/night reflects the condition of the property. The beds are very firm /hard and I was sore after sleeping on it for four nights. There were 4 pillows on the bed; one feather pillow, the other three just awful. We asked for another pillow. The bedding is the bedspread/blanket combo that does not appear to be changed between guests. Why? This is just unacceptable. Do they not watch the Hotel Impossible guy or Peter Greenberg rip the bedspread off the bed and throw it in the corner so they don't have to come in contact with it? We asked for another blanket so we would have a clean one.

The kitchen has a small, but full sized, refrigerator, a two burner stove, a bar sized sink and minimal utensils (2 forks, 2 knives, no spoons). They provide you with one small packet of dish soap and a dish towel. You can ask for more. There is no dishrack. I washed everything before I used it. The bathroom is fine; dated but serviceable. The carpet in the room is old and needs to be replaced.

There is a continental breakfast with apples and oranges, packaged muffins and granola bars. There are numerous fast food restaurants and a Whole Foods market within walking distance.

With it's convenient location, this property could be so much better. I was told it is due for a renovation this year. With a renovation and improved housekeeping between guests, this place has potential.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you found our bedding to be uncomfortable, which caused you to not get a good nights sleep. Still, I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our grab and go breakfast and the overall location of our hotel, especially that it is so close to other establishments within the area.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at SUG@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Twin Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Very easy stay. This place has everything you would need. No need to eat out all the time. There is a grocery store right up the street and you can make a home cooked meal in your room! There is a lot of space in the rooms plus a roomy kitchen and bathroom. My wife and I were very impressed with the attention to detail.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the back on the bottom. You have an easier time bringing your stuff into the room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our property had everything you needed. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sugar House? Share your experiences!