“Great Honeymoon and Anniversary Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Ski Packages
Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Honeymoon and Anniversary Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed twice in this fabulous boutique style hotel, once on our wedding night and once during our recent anniversary. The service is impeccable. The rooms are meticulously clean. The beds are super comfortable. We only have one minor setback from our previous stay: While they used to serve complimentary Aveda products for toiletries, they now use C.O. Bigelow products which is a step down in terms of quality but the front desk upon checkout said that the hotel can order them prior to arrival upon request. We now know for next time! Dispite this very minor change in comparing both of our stays, we'll definitely come back to this great hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
gmhotelmonaco, General Manager at Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! It is so great that you decided to come back and celebrate here. Let us know when you are coming back and we'll have an Aveda care package waiting for you. Hope to see you again soon.

Best,

MaryLynn Beck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I really enjoy my time in salt lake city, hotel Monaco was great. Cleaning staff was great, very friendly, and everytime I came back at midday my room was done and clean. Free Internet access was great. Gym in the small side, but good enough. ONLY 100m to the convention centre. Breakfast in bambara is just excellent. Recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for posting your comments - we really do love to hear that we are doing a good job! We do have a great team, and you are right, Bambara is the best. Hope to see you again soon.

Best,

MaryLynn Beck
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Hotel Monaco multiple times for special occasions or just weekend getaways. The service is always incredible and we love their happy hour (with a massage therapist waiting by the wayside-LOVE). The only downside is that you have to prepare yourself for the possibility of a very small bedroom. Their beds, however, make up for the lack of floor space. They have some of the comfiest beds I have ever slept in.

Overall, we really enjoy staying here and recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
jackson, wy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

They are extremely pet friendly. We spent two days with our English Springer Spaniels. On arrival there were beds for each of them and water/meal dishes for each.
Apart from the pets, overall impression was very good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed in Salt Lake City for just two one night for business. The hotel was probably the only hint of style I saw in the whole city. The rooms were very nicely appointed, I would have preferred a larger bathroom but I shouldn't expect more since it was only one night. I had breakfast at the hotel but chose to venture elsewhere for dinner. Breakfast service was quite slow, even though I requested for swift service due to my limited time. After my stay I received a survey so I decided to respond, the hotel manager followed up with me immediately. Very impressive. I will go back to stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I visit SLC twice a year for work and this was my first trip for fun. My husband and I stayed in a "suite" and the room was nice but really dark. The window looked out to a skyscraper and dirty roof. The location and amenities are nice so if you don't care about daylight, then I recommend it. Very close to the light rail and walking distance to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Pottstown PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a small meeting here for two days. The rooms are very nicely decorated and the view from the top floor was magnificent- the mountains are gorgeous. The staff was very friendly but some did seem alittle wet behind the ears. No major complaints. The food was delicious.

Room Tip: top floors have great views