“Consistently Great” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Consistently Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We go skiing in Utah every year shortly after the holidays. We usually will stay at the MOnaco a day or two and ski the little cottonwood resorts before heading out to park city. I look forward to staying here each year. The rooms are comfortable, spacious and the value is very hard to beat. Service is impeccable, always.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Location was good. I was able to walk to Temple Plaza which was spectacular at night. The area was very safe. Looked as though the room had recently been re-done and was clean. Unfortunately there were some maintenance issues with the room when I arrived. It was 10:00pm (midnight Eastern where I came from) and all I wanted to do was eat the room service I had ordered and watch TV til I fell asleep. Instead of offering me another room, I had a maintenance man spend 30mins in my room fixing things. Don't get me wrong, he was extremely nice, but it's not like they were all booked up and the only option was to force a single girl to stay in a room with a maintenance man late at night waiting to eat and go to sleep. Room service dinner was good. Room service breakfast (pre-ordered the night before) showed up 30 minutes past the requested time just as I was heading out the door for work. Unacceptable. Manager was very nice when I brought these issues to her attention. Still, there are a ridiculous amount of options in Salt Lake so it's doubtful I will be back. Wish this place would figure out how to offer good customer service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
gmhotelmonaco, General Manager at Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am so sorry that we fell short delivering the customer service we have become known for. It sounds like we really blew it. I hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again. You are always welcome to contact me directly, in fact I would love the opportunity to make it right.

Warm Regards,

MaryLynn Beck
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Excellent! We loved everything about this hotel! Perfect location. Would stay here gain in a heartbeat! Beautiful decor and great value for what all you get! Was amazed at how clean Salt Lake City is!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Moab, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The Hotel Monaco never fails to please. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. We did an e-upgrade (most recent visit) and we were very pleased with the suite that was prepared for us.
I strongly recommend being an Intouch Kimpton member. It does seem to upgrade your overall experience.
I have been staying at the Monaco (and other Kimpton hotels) for over five years and I am disappointed in the redecoration of the SLC Monaco's lobby. I loved the previous lobby. The furniture, colors and textures were so welcoming and yet still elegant. The new lobby is less welcoming and frankly rather stark. I'm hoping the re-redecorate again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, they're generally bigger. I've seen the base rooms and they don'...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Very friendly, welcoming professional staff who gave us an upgrade to a beautiful suite as we were on honeymoon complete with wine in our room. Suite was gorgeous with cute furnishings and I loved the fun animal print robes too. Free coffee in the morning and the wine and nibble hour was a lot of fun and a great start to a night on the town. Utterly excellent stay in a good, central location. Loved it here and can't recommend it enough!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Room very clean. Valets & bellmen very courteous. Room small, with a goldfish bowl taking up lot of space on desk. Not a lot of flat room to put things. $10 free from minibar. Great disappointment because restaurant & bar were closed on arrival bec. of Labor Day. We paid for this 'perk' in our room rate but did not get it. Had to leave hotel for dinner after a long trip on the road. Also, breakfast was not complimentary & price of breakfast was rather on the high side. All things in consideration, we feel we did not get the value that we paid for in this much touted hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed here on a one night business trip to Salt Lake City. Room was nice and clean, little small for the money. Front desk agent was nice. She told me all about the property. Not really needed for a one night stay. Within walking distance to everything, mall, right aide and more close by. Called down the next day to make sure I had a taxi waiting to get to the airport. When I walked out not a taxi on site. No worries I was early. Next thing I know a town car pulls up. I really don't mind taking town cars but when you are expensing it to the company it's hard to explain a town car / limo receipt to the boss. They explained it would be the same price as a cab. Well, it wasn't the same price. Only $5 more but again hard to explain to the boss. Cab ride to the airport $20.00 and about 15 - 20 minutes away from the airport. Nice place a little over priced. Will I stay again?? Depends on the price, I think anything under $125 it would be worth it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!