“10 PM Horror” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 75 hotels in Salt Lake City
Warrenton, Virginia
“10 PM Horror”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We booked this hotel (which isn't a hotel it is a apartment) through Priceline, for 1 night as a stop over in Salt Lake City. First let me say that I will NEVER bid for a hotel room from any company without knowing what it is and I can read the reviews. We asked for one that had free shuttle and breakfast. This did not we found out a few days before we were to leave. Thankfully we had a car rented for the next morning and they allow us to get it the night that we arrived. This place is a BUMP!! I The carpets had stains everywhere. The bed looked like Sumo wrestlers slept in it, it sagged so much. The air conditioner sat 6 inches above the tv. The walls so paper thin we listened to the person snoring the whole night while I sat there watching out for bugs. No we didn't see any thank god. The walk to the door at night is so poorly lit that I was very uneasy for our safety till we were inside the room. The only thing that I can say is that the bathroom appeared to be clean. If it wasn't for the fact that we got in so late and we could not get a refund from Priceline we would of ran and not looked back it was so bad. I truly would of like to see William Shatner stay in the room we were in. I know he would of bolted.

Room Tip: Go to anywhere else but there.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nancy N, Manager at Sky Harbor Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dororthy,

Thank you very much for the feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that the online description of our property was not clear and that our extended stay hotel was not the type of accommodation that you were expecting. I wish that our staff had been made aware of the problems that you encountered at check-in so that we could have had the opportunity to meet your expectations. Please be assured that the items you have mentioned are being addressed with our entire staff.
If you would like to discuss more specific details with me directly, I would welcome the conversation. It is only through feedback from our customers that we can grow and improve.

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean. Apartments fully equipped. Quiet area near the airport. A little bit difficult to find due to road construction. Laundry room. No staff after 10:00 PM.

Will stay there next time in Salt Lake City.

• Stayed January 2013
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We checked out 5 min. after checking in. Thankfully, we decided to check the place before going out to a late dinner. Reception area had an offensive smell and did not even look like a hotel reception. The lady was very nice and professional and was called a "leasing agent". The tiny studio had a run down tiny bathroom and a horrible bedding. We were looking for a hotel next to the airport, we did not need to cook or use the kitchennete at all. This is a modest apartment, not a hotel and should NOT be sold as s 3-star hotel room. The "leasing agent" apologized and immediately returned the charge I wasn't aware they made to my credit card. About the area: it's close to downtown and is NOT near the airport. It had "by the hour" motel near by and a stranger approached our car and recommended not to stop there as it is dangerous (we stopped looking for directions to the next hotel on a smartphone). I can see how this place could be convenient if you are working at a mine near by if its a cheap short-term rental.

• Stayed March 2013
Minnetonka, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Full kitchen, seperate living room and bedroom. The loft is a great room...I'm working at the mine nearby and it is nice to be able to come home to something more than a standard hotel room. Staff is fun and friendly. Laundry onsite, hot tubs and fitness center make this an awesome place to stay.

Room Tip: Get the loft, bedroom is upstairs and the living room/kitchen/bathroom are downstairs. Lots of SPACE...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Working at the refinery it is so nice to come to an apartment sized suite. Being able to cook and relax at home instead of eating out everyday is great. Housekeeping staff does a good job with the weekly cleaning. Front desk staff is friendly and is really helpful.

Room Tip: Room service is handled by an outside company. They have decent food but are kind of pricey.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were very pleased. A full kitchen and oven? it was nice the bed was nice also. They let us tour the other rooms with more bedrooms and beds.
It was a pleasure and the people that worked there are wonderful. They have a gym, jacuzzi and laundry, the only negative item is it is a long ways, a great walk to these facilities from the rooms. Also there is a apartment complex on the same lot, and at times a lot of traffic.
And above all the rooms were resonabley priced.

Room Tip: down stairs could be noisy from upstairs. and the lofts looked the best for two people. We liked i...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was informed by my company that while I was doing my work down in SLC that we would be staying at Sky Harbor Suites.. I had never stayed there before or heard of them. But i have been here for about a month now and its really enjoyable. The rooms are clean and nice.. fully furnished kitchen makes it very conveniant for me. I do miss home but am 100% enjoying the time here as well.. I will recommend that my company use this hotel everytime they have an employee come into town!!

Room Tip: its all about the Loft
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sky Harbor Suites? Share your experiences!