“Fantastic location and wonderful quality” 5 of 5 stars

City Creek Shopping Offer
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, United States
“Fantastic location and wonderful quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Per usual, our experience at this Hampton Inn was excellent. The staff were incredibly helpful, the room was immaculately clean, and the location of the hotel was great. We would highly recommend this hotel to those who are either on business or in Salt Lake City on leisure. The complimentary breakfast was even fantastic.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Could be noisy unless you get a room at the back. Our room was quite, roomy and well appointed and overlooked the golf course. Helpful reception, modest breakfast but adequate. Get a cab to Temple Sq 16-20 dollars. Dees next door provided good evening meals, diner style and good service.

Room Tip: room 206, quite
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mesa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The room was clean and quiet. The lobby is very nice and comfortable and clean. The breakfast has a lot of options including hot eggs, bacon, waffles, muffins, yogurt, toast, juice, bagels etc. I especially love how you can come down to the lobby and make yourself tea, hot chocolate or coffee at any time. They also have milk and cookies every evening. I especially love how the breakfast is placed in a separate area that is closed when not in use so the lobby stays nice and clean. It is only 3 walking blocks from the free train ride to Temple square or where ever you are going in Down Town SLC.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Howell, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

To get the best rates, I booked 2 reservations for my 2 consecutive nights. I chose this hotel because of its apparent proximity to the Amtrak station. My train was due to arrive in SLC about 11 PM. Unfortunately, the train was 5-1/2 hours late, thus I arrived at 4:30 AM. Knowing I would be late, I had called from the train while in Denver to inform that I would still be coming, albeit very late. The expected walk of 3 blocks was relatively longer due to the city's wide streets and long blocks. I got to the property about 5 AM. I told the desk person I was reserved there for 2 nights, and with identical reservations thought I could get one room for the 2 nights. I was informed that I had to switch rooms in between, effectively checking out and checking in again. I was given a huge suite, which was a step up from what I had reserved.

After a few hours of sleep, I went to the lobby, and checked out. I was allowed to check in once more, this time getting a conventional room. I was glad I would not have to leave my luggage at the front desk or have to carry everything around all day. Going about my activities, it was nice to have the place to come back to for a good, full night of sleep.

Before checking out again on the last morning, I looked online and saw that for my first night I was charged about $85 more for my room than I had reserved it for. The reservation was for $94, and the charge was $179. I brought this to the attention of the front desk, and there was some confusion since I had checked in so late (5 AM of the day after I was supposed to arrive). It was corrected, but not without some worry from me as to why this had occurred.

Anyhow they made amends and the correction was made.

I found the hotel adequate for my stay, and the breakfast, which I didn't sleep through on the second morning, was good.

This property is about as close as one will get if they are seeking a Hilton family hotel within walking distance of the Amtrak station. It is about the same distance walk in another direction from the TRAX light rail station at Convention Center.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Three of us stayed here while attending a convention in town. The front desk staff was so friendly and helpful. They informed us about the free public transportation, restaurants in the area, and even provided an umbrella to protect us from the heat on a particularly hot day.
On Thursday night there was a concert in the park across the street, so they locked up the lobby early to protect us from the extra "people traffic" and even provided ear plugs for those going to bed before the concert was over.
The breakfast was excellent, and the room was very clean.
We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Beaworthy, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

The staff on the front desk were very friendly and helpful, the room was comfortable. Plentiful free parking. No restaurant or bar but the front desk had a list of recommended restaurants. We tried one and it proved to be very good. The kids enjoyed the pool. We had an early start for a flight so didn't try breakfast. A nice change from an airport hotel. I would stay again. Only negative is that I didn't feel it was safe to have the windows open with children in the room because they are very low. However, the air conditioning worked well.

Room Tip: Back of hotel might be quieter than the front proved to be
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Springville, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed here for just one night with my three kids. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very kind and inviting. The room was clean. We had two queen beds and they we average in comfort.

The pool and hot tub we overrun with kids at certain points during the stay. I'm not sure if we picked a popular weekend or what?

The only reason I didn't give this hotel an excellent rating is because of the location. I decided to go for a walk late at night. This was NOT a good idea. The area has a lot of homeless people that are hanging around at the convenience stores and on every corner. I was asked for money several times in my 10 minute walk.

The breakfast was a normal continental style with bread, eggs, french toast and Belgian waffles. We just barely made it there in time because my kids slept late.

Room Tip: We were in a room on the 3rd floor on the east side of the building. It was quiet and calm.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Salt Lake City - Downtown? Share your experiences!