“Hospital Visit” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Burley, Idaho, United States
“Hospital Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My wife and I felt a need to visit one of our daughters-in-law who was expecting twin baby girls in a couple of months. We made arrangements to stay at a Hampton Inn and Suites in Salt Lake City, Utah where we stay time we visit the Salt Lake City area. We discovered this location many years ago when we still had several children at home. Regardless of number of those staying, we have always enjoyed our stays. We usually take advantage of the pool and hot tub where we have always had a good time with our kids. We now sometimes meet up with our kids and have a good time in the pool with our grandkids. Every stay has very enjoyable and we will continue to stay at Hampton everytime there is one available. And so far, the babies are doing fine--So is their mama!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
San Diego, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

ALL of the staff were very friendly and courteous, the breakfast selection (that changed each morning) was great, the coffee (several kinds) was very good, our room was clean and quiet, and the bed comfortable. I really like that they put freshly laundered comforters on the beds, not just fresh sheets and pillow cases. What more could a person want? We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Pleasant Grove, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I was so impressed by this Hotel and will stay here again for sure! Ryan greeted my husband and I with a smile on his face and in his voice. You could tell he loves working there and with the public! He was awesome! Thank you Hampton for having the same quality of service where ever I stay!!

Longview, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I recently spent 5 nights at the Hampton Inn Downtown in Salt Lake City and my stay was perfect. I arrived early and expected to park my bags with the front desk until I could check in later that afternoon but my room was ready and I checked in about 11am. I was very pleased. My room was very nice and very quite considering it faced a busy intersection. I requested a refridgerator and microwave and those were brought to my room within 10 minutes. The free breakfast was excellent. The fresh fruit was wonderful. I overloaded on fresh pineapple. Every afternoon there were trays of freshly baked cookies and cold milk for all of the guests. It doesn't get much better. Every morning we were greeted at breakfast by Mr. McFarland, an elderly gentleman that passed out mints and made everyone welcome. I looked forward to seeing him every morning. He was a delight. Can you tell that I had a great stay? You betcha!

Room Tip: My room faced west so no morning sun and my room stayed dark. But in the evenings I had a great vie...
Green Features: All of Salt Lake City is very environmentally conscious and so is the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
roy, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We love this hotel. They even brought a bag of goodies since we were there to celebrate a birthday. The staff was nice, helpful, friendly. Asked for a pack and play for the baby and it was delivered within ten minutes to the room, already set up. Stayed in one of the rooms with a jaccuzi tub. The tub was big. The room was big and clean. Breakfast was great...homemade biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, yogurt, juice and many other options. Fresh cookies in the lobby at check in. We had already stayed at this hotel before and loved it both times. Have already recommended to family and friends. I normally don't take the time to give reviews, but this was worth taking the time. Close to everything downtown Salt Lake (within walking distance). Thanks Hampton.

Salt Lake City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Our stay was nice , pool was open 24 hrs which was convenient. The breakfast was good with a good selection of foods . I woud probably recommend you pay for an upgrade on their internet as it was not fast enough and didn't work well my phone . Thefront desk girl was nice and helpful with extras as my grandson forgot his toothbrush .Would recommend this Hotel to all who are in SLC.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This hotel is clean and well-maintained. The room was brightly lit and had two comfortable queen beds. There were sufficient electrical outlets for charging our devices. The room had dark, cherry wood furniture. The bathroom was clean but the counter was small. No laundry cord in the bathroom.

Free WiFi. There is a business center on the first floor with a desktop computer.

Kitty corner is a park with vagrants. I would not walk in the park.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Salt Lake City - Downtown? Share your experiences!