“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Clean, comfortable rooms. Staff is extremely pleasant, great channel selection.

There are some renovations going on (which I knew in advance from the website), but there is no disturbance from it (I was able to work in my room during the day with no construction noise). I'm sure the renovated space will be great.

Only think I would have liked to have is mini fridge in the room.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Concord, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

See my title above. I have stayed in several hotels around this area (SW of downtown). This is among the better. Short walk (<5 mins) to restaurants and just a couple more to downtown center. Staff were extremely friendly and very helpful with directions. The renovations were visually unattractive but I didn't notice any noise (though admittedly, I was on a high floor). Breakfast OK for what it was - hey! It's free, right? Some variety... coffee, juice, eggs, cereal etc. Standard fare. Would probably stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Surprise, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I've stayed in dozens of Hampton Inns, and I was disappointed with this stay from the start. The main floor of the hotel was undergoing a major renovation and I'm sure it's going to be great when it is done.

That said, I'll only deal with my experiences in my room and outside the hotel. The furniture was a little banged up, but the room was clean. The walls were thin and I heard conversations much of the night, along with a lot of road noise. On the bright side, the TV had a ton of channels, much more than usual.

Outside of the hotel was worrisome. The area seemed bad, a lot of homeless people. I walked to a nearby restaurant for dinner and was approached by panhandlers three time. I was very uncomfortable on foot. The hotel does not offer shuttle service to the airport, but I was able to get a cab for about $20.

The desk staff was extremely nice, but overall this is not a hotel I'll use again. There are many other hotels that looked better from a neighborhood standpoint, closer to Temple Square.

Overall, it's not up to what I expect from a Hilton property and I advise you to avoid.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
slc425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
MarkDavis,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for your experience. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve the safety of our hotel. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me at 801-741-1110.

Joe Bessette
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stay in this hotel for 2 nights. Hotel is undergoing lobby construction. They really try to keep everything clean and to customer satisfactions. They inform customers about any work be done next day and apologize ahead for any inconvenience. If you have any respiratory problems i would stay away until constructions are over as you can still smell dust in the air. Pool and Gym open 24 hrs. Pool has a Jacuzzi. Breakfast is good. Usual: cereal, eggs, waffles, fruits, yogurt.... Apples, coffee, tea available all day long. You can also use their microwave at any time. Overall i was happy with our stay and will most likely to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Morgan UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

After a recent review on this hotel, the Manager went over and above to correct an error. He was in constant communication with me, and send a nice apology letter with a gift card to make up for the error, as well as a free room! The room was awesome both visits!! The hotel was so clean and nice, and the staff was awesome!! Thanks so much for making a great experience happen, Joe is great!! Would highly recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: The room with the jacuzzi tubs are wonderful!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Idaho Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I chose this hotel because it had an indoor pool and because there were positive reviews about the complimentary breakfast. So I will add my voice to that- the breakfast was so good! So many choices, everything fresh. We all loved it- 2 adults and children ages 5 and 2. The pool was great- we were the only ones there when we went swimming.
We had a problem with the location of our room due to some very loud and intoxicated neighbors. It was only 3 pm when we checked in! The staff was very willing to let us change floors to an equivalent room, which made for a much more pleasant night for us.
The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This hotel does it right. Service, room, amenities......they didn't miss anything. The continental breakfast in the morning is great, right down to the gentleman with the little mints. All in all, very well done!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Salt Lake City - Downtown? Share your experiences!