“Great location, free parking, good value” 4 of 5 stars

City Creek Shopping Offer
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Nashville
“Great location, free parking, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

In SLC for business. Selected the Hampton because of location in downtown and I like Hamptons. It is a pretty short walk to downtown restaurants and brew pubs (Squatters and Red Rock). It is also convenient to getting on/off the freeway. Staff was very nice. And parking is free.
About the only drawbacks were: This is an older-design Hampton with a small bathroom. The lighting is also bad, not dim; they have put high watt CFLs in the fixtures which stick out and create a bad glare on the TV. Neither of these would deter me from staying again.
NOTE: If you walk in the area, avoid the park diagonal from the hotel. It is full of homeless folks. While they probably won't bother you, it could be bothersome to some. Otherwise stay toward downtown walking and there is no problem.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the street if you need quiet.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
slc425, Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
TN-Bill,

Thank you for staying with us. I love the restaurant choices that we have near our hotel. Red Rock Brewing Company is one of my favorites. I will pass on your compliments to my staff.

I apologize that my housekeeping staff put the wrong light bulbs in the bed lamps. I will make sure that we are using the mini CFLs which fit in those light fixtures better and thank you for your note on the park across the street. As with many large cities there are some homeless people, who like you said probably won't bother you. Even with these issues, Salt Lake City is a very safe and clean city.

Thanks again for staying with us.

Joe Bessette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

The Hampton Inn in Salty Lake City is a great place to stay. Spacious rooms and a very good bathroom. The staff is professional and helpful. There is a free hot breakfast included in the roomrate. There also is wifi and a business centre with no extra cost. And check out the swimming-pool, fitness centre and hottub. This hotel offers everything a exhausted traveller can ask for.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I love staying at the Hampton inn. It is a very pleasant hotel, well located, with very enjoyable employees. However, things were different on September 3, when I dared try to check in, interrupting the game that Mary was watching on TV… Actually, I did not disrupt anything as she ignored me during the process as well as she ignored my husband when he nicely let her know that there was a spill in front of the door. Mary went even further in her excitement, shouting at the screen, completely oblivious of her surroundings. This employee is a disgrace for this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
slc425, Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for letting me know about this problem. We are commited to providing quality service and I apologize that you did not receive our usual service during your stay. I have talked to Mary about this review and made sure that it will never happen again. Once again I apologize for the service that you received. If you would like to talk with me about it further please contact me at 801-741-1110 or joseph.bessette@hilton.com.
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here for two nights while helping our son move into the University of Utah. In general when I need a simple, clean convenient hotel I try to find a Hampton Inn because they usually get it just right on all the important things. This hotel also gets it right -- the room was clean, the bathroom very clean and functional, and the staff helpful and polite. Most Hampton Inns include a continental breakfast but I thought this Hampton Inn's breakfast was a little bigger and better than some of the others, perhaps because the hotel is larger and more full? Only concern I have is the hotel is on what looks to me to be the edge of the center of town, on the side where the industrial-type businesses begin. I was able to walk from the hotel up six blocks to the Salt Lake City Public Library (view from the library roof garden is amazing) but the walk from the hotel is pretty congested and busy with traffic. So I would say the location isn't perfect if you are on foot but is great if you are traveling by car. The hotel includes wifi which was very handy.

Room Tip: Not sure. Our room was fine, it faced the side parking lot (south?) and was on the 5th floor I beli...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Littleton, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

This is the second time I've stayed at this Hampton Inn. It is very convenient to the highway and downtown restaurants. Free parking, nicely updated rooms and polite staff. The only downside was the fitness room. It is small and some of the equipment needs replacing. One of 2 treadmills was not working, and I'm pretty sure it was broken when I stayed here more than 6 months ago.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
slc425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
AEgan,

Thank you for staying with us! I appreciate your compliments about our rooms and our staff. We actually started a remodel of our fitness center on Wednesday and hope to have it done by mid September. When the remodel is complete the fitness center will be double the size and include a lot of new equipment.

I hope you will come back and visit us after the project is complete so you can let us know if we got it right!

Worksop Notts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This was a typically good Hampton Inn. Service was impeccable. Bed was very comfortable and room spotlessly clean. When parking in the car park (free to residents) they give you a permit to display on your dashboard. It was very well situated for visiting the city. A good continental breaksfast was included and the staff very efficient and friendly.

Room Tip: There was some traffic noise from the road at the front of the hotel. Perhaps ask for a room at the...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
slc425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I will make sure and share your comments with all of my staff. Thanks for staying with us!!

Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I spend 2 nights at the Hampton Inn and it was great! While we were in Salt Lake City we went to a Utah Jazz game, and the arena is within walking distance of the hotel.

The tub was spacious, the continental breakfast was well stocked, and the front desk people were helpful and willing to give extra toiletries such as mouthwash when asked. I didn't get to use the pool unfortunately, but it looked nice.

My only complaint would be that the TV went out of service for a time and it interrupted our time watching the College Basketball finals.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Salt Lake City - Downtown? Share your experiences!