“Average but good location to airport” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #58 of 76 hotels in Salt Lake City
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Average but good location to airport”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Room is a bit dated. A/C did not work well at all. Was very loud and never really cooled down the room. Plumbing was messed up when I was there. I was a bit disappointed as 99% of choice hotels have a refrigerator in the room. This hotel does not have them. Nor a microwave. Out of all the Choice hotels I've stayed at, this is the first without either. Do not know if I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Quality inn had no quality. Bed head board lose enough to fall on you and floor soaking wet by bathroom took numerous called the escalated to manager to get anything fixed. Check out painful as front desk could not reverse a charge before we left .

Stayed August 2014
Bedford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here for an early morning flight out of SLC airport. Our room was upstairs, #204. It was large and the two queen beds were very comfortable. The pillows, sheets were very comfortable. Plenty of outlets for all our electronics. The room was well lighted and very clean. Had a flat screen TV that we didn't use. The A/C kept the room cool during an August SLC summer. The bathroom had only 2 sets of towels (why not 4 for two queen beds?) but the shower had plenty of hot water. Couldn't ask much more for the price.

The free breakfast, however, was pretty basic. Only pancakes and hard boiled eggs. no bacon or sausage. A variety of bread, pastries, donuts and cereal are provided.

There is a Phillips 66 gas station across the parking lot, making it very convenient to fill up the rental car. The location, however, was a little far from the airport (7 mins away on I-80). The price was very reasonable. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room, near elevator.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Potter Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed two nights while the hotel was being repainted. I had crews outside my window upon my arrival but were not bothered with their work after 6pm that first night. The pool and hot area needed a little TLC. The lobby and breakfast area were nice. The hotel staff was nice and helpful the few times we needed directions. The hotel is far away from the city center. It is good for before and after flights or if you are driving through.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Carmel, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We spent a week here for another karting event nearby at Tooele. None of the local hotels were available so I ended up reserving this one. The hotel's exterior was being painted during our stay. It created minor inconvenience, since it was hard to find parking place.
The reception area was nice and clean. The breakfast area as well. Continental breakfast is included with quite limited selection and quality. Although similar to same level hotels.
We got a room on the first floor. The carpet leading to the room was old and spotted. The room was a double king-bed room. Fortunately the air-condition worked well. Beds were good quality but without a pillow top. Bedding was average. The room had a larger refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker etc. The bathroom was quite small, but very clean. Older towels. It had tile finish. The white grout over the bathtub had some mold stain here and there, but otherwise it looked very clean and spotless. (So easy to get rid of it, by spraying bleach over it... )
The pool and jacuzzi area was clean but they didn't provide towels. The jacuzzi jets were not functioning, and it was only lukewarm. The pool was very cold. The pool area needs more furniture and landscaping. Maybe it was like that because of the painting of the building.
Some of the receptionists were very nice, but some were a little slow. Generally they seemed to have more than one task. Like servicing the breakfast area during breakfast, and cleaning it later. I hope they pay them well...
The hotel does not have a restaurant, but next door at Ramada there is a small restaurant, Amelia's (the aviator's, Amelia Earhart, last flight supposedly started from SLC.) Nice little place with very reasonable prices. Usually they have only one waiter, so can be somewhat slow, but otherwise highly recommended.

The hotel located close to I80, but very quiet.

Room Tip: This hotel has only two stories. Our room was 127 and it was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed at the Quality Inn Airport West driving from Ca. to Co. I was definitely less then impressed. The girl at the desk at the time was nice. We got to the room and noticed that the mattress covers were for a bed much smaller and didn't even come close to reaching the edges. The sheet on one of the beds was a queen (we had King beds), so throughout the night I had to keep getting up ti fix it. The blanket was filthy (I get that the blankets aren't washed as often as the sheets, but sometimes would be nice), and the beds were super uncomfortable. The spider in the bathroom was a little creepy for me. My husband asked for extra towels and was questioned as too how many people we had in our room and why did we need more (all 4 of us were registered in) instead of just accommodating us. When I told the morning lady at checkout she informed me that because we had prepaid, there wasn't anything she could do other then give us 20-30% off of our next stay at That property. I'm pretty sure that will never happen again!

Stayed July 2014
Logan, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I chose to stay at the Quality Inn Airport West Hotel because of its convenience from the airport as I just flew in from a business trip and location to my office. I got what I paid for. It is an older, dated hotel, but the sheets were clean and the bathroom was tidy. I appreciated the flat screen TV. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast which included boiled eggs, juice, cereals, waffles, and breads. It is in an area with many cheaper, run-down hotels so initially I didn’t feel as comfortable there, however, it was safe and secure. It could use a face lift to update its amenities, but overall I had a positive experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Salt Lake City? Share your experiences!