“Good Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 75 hotels in Salt Lake City
Alberta, Canada
“Good Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It was a good place to stay for two nights, but nothing really jumped out at me as being fabulous. The lobby looked like it had been updated recently, but the rooms (other than the flat screen TV) were stuck somewhere in the 80s. The beds weren't all that great, the internet connection was horrible, and the breakfast room wasn't top-of-mind to the staff (several requests for things like cups, cutlery, butter...). We had two rooms and the security bar in each room was very loose. The fitness center had four machines (weight station, bike, treadmill, and stair climber) which looked like they were about 20 years old.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked here seeking value and knowing they had free airport shuttle as I have to go to the airport daily. After booking,I called them and they inform me I am not allowed to take the shuttle daily to the airport. You are allowed only one shuttle per stay. So I guess I should have booked each day separately to "qualify" per their rules to use the shuttle daily. REALLY, Ramada doesn't do that? Actually Ramada actually encouraged me to use the shuttle service offered, not kick me off. So, now I have to cancel rebook or something to comply with their "rules". So they can issue me a brand me room daily, instead of them saving costs by not having to do that. When I tried to talk to the lady at the front desk about this she was rude. When I asked about alternative ways of getting to the airport she said there was a bus stop across the street but didn't know what bus company it was or could offer any information and then she started laughing like it was funny I would be stranded at the hotel! I think I am in for the stay from hell.

Room Tip: know before you, will update if things get better once I m there.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
DJ C, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Salt Lake City, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Mary,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. Your feedback is very important to us and will help us provide better services to our future guests.

We apologize for the response you received from our staff. We provide daily shuttle services to the airport and in fact most of our guests use the service. We will take appropriate training or required actions with the staff that did not act as per required customer service standards.

We hope you will stay with us again in future and share a better feedback.

DJ
Creemore, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We booked three nights in this hotel and first impressions were not great. Dust was evident on the light fixtures and Christmas decorations in the breakfast room. Large stains on the hallway carpets and old carpet in the room. I can tolerate that if it is clean. I don't believe the maid vacuumed or ever looked under the bed as the same dirt was there each time we returned. I was checking for my shoes and under the bed found an empty pill bottle, a hanger, a bead and a pair of black underwear. But that wasn't the worse part of the place.....the second evening we came back and the screw in plug had been taken out of the tub. I went to the desk and talked to the girl who put it in the computer to be repaired. Came back the next night and it was still missing. We had walked all the last 2 days at a trade show and I wanted to soak in the tub. Went down to the desk and talked to another girl who said she would look for a plug. She called our room and said she couldn't find one and said they were renovating and that was it. No offer to change our room or anything. What I'd like to know is....why was it removed when it was working fine the first night and when the room was rented for 3 nights????? We moved over to another hotel that is sparkling clean, has been upgraded, has free laundry facilities and is only $20 a night more! What a difference.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
DJ C, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Salt Lake City, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback for us.

On behalf of my entire team, I want to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us and we will be using your feedback to provide better services to our future guests.

kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

The Quality Inn is part of about a dozen airport hotels that were hastily constructed in anticipation of the Salt Lake City Olympics of 2002. Just 12 years after that event, many of the properties are showing considerable wear and tear. But you'll also find in the Quality, the proverbial diamond in the rough.
Yes, the carpet is old and tired; yes, the wi-fi seemed more like dial-up and often just stopped working over my three-day stay; and yes, the comfortable chair in the room was probably more suited to be sitting on the sidewalk somewhere, waiting to be hauled off to the dump.
Now the good news – the room was immaculate, the free breakfast plentiful (including one of those waffle makers you often see in Comfort Inns); the staff was friendly and professional; and the price was insanely cheap – about $50 a night!
In any other major American city, for that price, the front desk attendant would be working behind protective thick glass in a booth that looks like a bank drive-through, and the rooms would be inhabited by creepy looking lowlifes. But here, you'll find a mix a business people, tradesmen and savvy budget conscious travelers.
I knew this was not your average economy hotel before I even arrived at the front door. The Quality's airport shuttle arrived just a few minutes after the Airport Info Desk attendant called – and the driver was wearing a smart blazer and dress pants – even more impressive since it was a Sunday night. He was polite and friendly and offered to immediately schedule my return trip to the airport when we checked in.
The friendly front desk attendant arranged a wake up call and informed me about breakfast hours and welcomed me to the city. The lobby and the breakfast room are just as nice as more expensive hotels.
While the elevator and upstairs hallway took the first impression down several notches, and the room didn't exactly overwhelm me with its décor or design, I noticed right away another little touch that tells you they care about service: the maid had folded the washcloths into a fan and the toilet paper into a flower. This may sound odd to mention, but these little touches make me feel a lot better about the place I'm staying in. The bathroom was immaculate and the maid added extra shampoo and lotion every day. The room also comes with a small coffee maker, iron and ironing board. There was no closet in the room but plenty of hangers on the rack – and they were real hangers--not the ones that are designed to keep you from stealing them. And the bed and bedding was every bit as comfortable as those “heavenly beds” they promote at Westins.
I had originally booked the room for just one night on Hotwire because I was afraid I'd want to run when I checked in. But the crazy cheap price encouraged me to take the gamble. After spending a quiet, pleasant first night, I booked for two more – this time through the front desk. With my AAA discount, it was only about three dollars more than I'd paid to Hotwire.
For the record, I often get to stay in $400-$500 a night hotels with work – I'd just stayed at the Four Seasons LA and the St. Regis Atlanta earlier in the week – but when I have to cover my own expenses, I look for bargains.
And let's face it – if you've decided to stay near the airport – in an industrial area with nothing fun around it – why spend the same money you would for a room in downtown Salt Lake City? (One night I was there, I learned that the rate at the fancier Hampton Inn next door was more than $120 before taxes). I'm willing to tolerate old carpet and an old fashioned tv – even spotty internet – to save nearly $80 a night in the same neighborhood.
I can't say enough about the maid and the smiling, friendly staff – and I left feeling that my stay at the Quality Inn was the best $50 I'd spent in a long time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
DJ C, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Salt Lake City, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback for us. We really appreciate it!

We have shared the comments with our staff. We will continue providing better services to our future guests. We are scheduled to upgrade all TVs to flat LED TVs by 1st week of March 2014. Work is already started and when you stayed with us, half of the rooms were already upgraded. We will discuss further inputs in our management meeting and will act on those.

We hope you will stay with us in future!

DJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

my flight was delayed and had to stay near airport. i came across this hotel. very clean and nice place. shuttle came in no time. lobby was good. room clean. it is near airport but very quiet. I slept like a log. breakfast was good. no complaints!

Room Tip: check for their suite rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mammoth Lakes, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was an incredible experience and the rooms,omg this is a very good hotel to stay in.Very elegant and the rooms were really nice and there is non smoking and smoking rooms.I say every family should get a room at The Quality Inn.Me and my family went there and were fascinated that they gave us breakfast and the housekeeping was excellent.I give this hotel double thumbs up and 5 stars.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DJ C, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Salt Lake City, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Your feedback is very encouraging and will motivate us to provide better services to our guests in future.

Appreciate it!

Thanks,
Nisha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two days in this Dec with family. The hotel staff was very nice. They gave me free upgrade to a suit room. there were around 40 TV channels in the room including ESPN and Disney for my kids. Breakfast in the morning was very nice. Internet speed was excellent. My kid was able to watch netflix on the ipad without any problem. Just off the freeway and best price for the quality. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DJ C, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Salt Lake City, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind Regards,
Management

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Salt Lake City? Share your experiences!