“Elegant and romantic!” 5 of 5 stars

$20 Sinclair Gas Card
Ranked #16 of 75 hotels in Salt Lake City
“Elegant and romantic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011 via mobile

We love staying here for our anniversary. The pool is so fun, we love how it was indoor and outdoor. The rooms are lovely and the turn down service was very nice. I would like to stay again sometime.

• Stayed August 2010

890 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Eagle Mountain, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

We've stayed there with our two young kids the past three Decembers. We attend the symphony, go out to eat, then check in at Little America. We've stayed in the Queen Garden Rooms each time in the wing attached to the main building. Our first stay there was great, but with each following stay there, the service we received worsened. Not only that, but the guests were very noisy. Even after I had told the reservations people that I desired a more quiet location the last time we stayed, they put us in a high traffic area. The guests also smoked in the hallway. I repeatedly called room service several times throughout the night and was exhausted the next morning. When I told them that they said "they were sorry" in a monotone voice, checked me out and were done with me.

Nonetheless, I called to book a bachelorette over-nighter because I thought it would be the most central and enjoyable place to stay based upon their amenities. The first time I called I spoke with a reservationist who quoted me the price of $79, total $89 with tax per room. When I called back to book, the extremely rude and snotty reservations manager gave me the third degree and told me that she couldn't give me the price I was quoted. So, not only did she not stand by the price quoted, but she talked down to me and refused to keep my business. Then, my husband looked online and said, "hey, I just found out that you can get that room for $79 on Priceline!" So, that's how that treat their local, return customers. Don't go there. You'll be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
MrEdBox, Manager at Little America Hotel, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
Dear Junebug,

We regret you did not enjoy your experience at The Little America Hotel. It is unfortunate guests were noisy. It is difficult when the Hotel is at a higher occupancy to accommodate all requests, including yours to be placed in a quiet section.
We are also disturbed to learn guests were smoking in the hallways. The Hotel has a strict Non-Smoking policy and we are glad you have brought this to our attention.
Lastly, we regret any inconvenience you may have had making your reservation.
If you choose to provide us with more details, we are happy to research the matter further and speak with the agents who assisted you.We hope you chose to stay with us again.

Best,

Little America Guest Services
Eagle Mountain, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed a few nights at The Little America Hotel for our 1 Year Anniversary. It is a beautiful hotel! We chose the room with the nice sitting area, a flat screen tv, a huge bed and a nice oval tub. It was such a great stay I would go there again! I am not a huge fan of hotel blankets/sheets. But The Little America had the most comfortable blankets/sheets ever!! The feather blanket was the best. My favorite part was somehow they knew when we left the room and we'd come back to lamps turned on, our bed turned out with mints on our pillows and classical music turned on. It was so romantic and perfect for our Anniversary stay!! We loved it so much. I can't say really anything bad about it. The only thing I can say is it was hard to find the swimming pool and the hallways did smell kind of musty/old. But other than that it was PERFECT! The customer service was beyond anything I've had before. THANK YOU!

Room Tip: Any is great, beautiful rooms.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are so pleased you chose The Little America Hotel as your destination for your One Year Anniversary.Congratulations and thank you for staying with us.We certainly appreciate your nice remarks. We hope you will continue to make many memories with us at The Little America Hotel.

Little America Guest Services
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

Thanks again TripAdvisor reviewers! Little America is nice enough hotel, but with tons of amenities in a great location at a reasonable price. Tip - I'd follow the recommendation of many others here and pay the extra money for a tower room. I also requested, and received, a room with a view upon check-in - which was an added bonus.

The rooms themselves are very spacious. The decor isn't my taste, but is clean and in good condition. I never quite understand nightly turn down service, but it was offered here and a warm and friendly manner and fit the welcoming nature of the city itself.

Downstairs, the lobby is warm and welcoming and there are a few stores, a restaurant, and bar. One peeve about the bar is that they require you to order food along with drinks, but I assume that's more a sign of the Utah drinking laws than anything else.

There are plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance and freeway access is easy as well. Parking at the hotel was free and there were plenty of spaces both above ground and in the garage.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011 via mobile

I stayed at the Little America Hotel while in SLC for a wedding. I received a great deal for the room on Priceline. The room was of a nice size. It was not in the main tower but in the rooms off from the main building. I was a little concerned that the room seemed so far away, but it was not as far as it appeared. The hotel also had a very nice restaurant. I had breakfast there. The food was very good and was not as pricey as you normally expect for a hotel restaurant. The shop in the hotel, though convenient, were pricey. They did however have a variety of item that would help in many situations. i.e. Dresses, scraves, ties, jewelry. I was very satisfied with my stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Even though I got in at about midnight, the front desk clerk was upbeat and perky. I would stay there again and recommend it.

• Stayed February 2011
MrEdBox, General Manager at Little America Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Dear Guest,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you chose us to share your special occasion. Thank you so much for your kind comments about your stay. We will be sure to share your comments with our Managers.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Regards,

Hotel Manager
logan, ut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

I would agree with previous reviews when they pointed out the datedness of the rooms. We were supposed to have a suite in the tower - we had a room on the third floor that smelled of smoke and had dinged up furniture. When we called the hotel office, they said the quality of our $200 a night room was not their problem, because we had booked through priceline. Priceline wasn't any help either and the kids were tired so we just went to bed.

On the plus side, the pool was nice, and the lobby was updated - but that is not enough to call this a 4-star hotel. This hotel should update their rooms and work on their customer care.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
MrEdBox, General Manager at Little America Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at The Little America Hotel. It is unfortunate we were not aware that your room was problematic. Some guests prefer to be near the elevator for convenience. The Hotel’s construction consists of 12 inch concrete walls, floors and ceilings. However the sound may travel through the space beneath the door. It is ADA (American Disabilities Act) compliant to have the elevator door sound at a significant volume when it reaches the floor, along with a clearly-visible indicator light. Had we known about your discomfort, we would have made every effort to accommodate your needs and move you to a more suitable room.

Salt Lake City is on Mountain Standard Time (which is one hour ahead of California). Perhaps, during your stay, our Housekeeping Attendant inadvertently set the clock in the room two hours ahead of Pacific Time. In that case, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay. We have reviewed the procedure with our Housekeeping Manager to review with the staff.

Because there are many dining options within the Hotel, we are not sure which take-out service was responsible for the oversight. We thank you for your input on your restaurant experience and will strive to correct any problems.

We appreciate your business and hope you will choose The Little America Hotel again.

Ed Box

Little America Hotel, Salt Lake City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

I just stayed here for the past two nights. I have also stayed here last year for three nights. The rooms are large, but that is the only good thing about the hotel.
Here are the problems I had:
The walls are very thin. I had a room right in front of the elevator and I could hear a loud ring everytime the elevator arrived to the floor. It was very loud and I could not sleep at night at all. I also heard the noise from the elevators going up and down.

The clock in the room was wrong. They set it to an hour ahead. I am visiting from California and the wrong time in the room was very confusing.

The restaurant here has bad service. It took a while to get my to go food and the order was incorrect. They gave ms the wrong soup and did not give me dressing for my salad.

I will not stay here again. Maybe I will go to grand America next time I am in slc.

• Stayed March 2011

Ed Box

Little America Hotel, Salt Lake City

Been to Little America Hotel? Share your experiences!