“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Salt Lake City KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City KOA
You added Salt Lake City KOA to your Saves list
1400 West North Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84116   |
Broomfield, Colorado
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I took my 2 kids here and we LOVED it!

The pool is a nice way to cool off after a hot day, or during the hot day :-)
The bathrooms are very clean, the showers were hot and I was really pleased that there was an area with a big sink for doing dishes in the group area. There are ample laundry machines and wireless access throughout the camp. They also have a water aerobics class, movie night on Fridays and s'mores night on Monday (which we will miss, sadly). They also do a pancake breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings that was well priced and very good. In addition there is a free shuttle tour to downtown on the half hours.

This is a great base camp for visiting the Salt Lake area. I have stayed at other KOAs that were not nearly as nice as this one. I'm really happy we stayed here!

Room Tip: There are cabins here too. Next time I will try one of those.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Encinitas, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Yes, this KOA is not in the best part of town, but it never bothered us at the least. Everything seemed safe and secure, clean and friendly.
Our site was well maintained, all services worked fine, check in was quick and easy. The showers and facilities were above average, but not excellent.
While it is nothing outstanding, it is a good camp ground in a good location and I would recommend this KOA to anyone who's travelling to Slat Lake City.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Portland Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Friendly helpful staff, .the park is clean with clean facilities and RV sites, even the tent sites looked great. Grassy sites with nice trees and close to stores and shopping. They have a well stocked store with necessaries.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This KOA would be the biggest by far we have stayed in to date. Very friendly staff at book in and helpful when needed with Internet issues. Every bay, whether for RV, Winnebago Truck or tent has shade trees. Several cabins are also available. Toilets are secure as is the pool. Right out the front in North Temple Ave is a light rail track system that will have you in the city in 12 minutes or will take you to the Airport as well. A car wash and large Laundromat on site. They have just upgraded their internet for easier access.
The hot tub was wonderful, but the pool was a little dirty.
Tent sites have a privacy bush between then.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I liked this KOA. I am not normally to impressed with KOAs, and I have stayed at a million. This is defiantly one of the best. It is close to the middle of the city, and the staff is amazing. I stayed at this KOA during a road trip that my boyfriend and I were taking across country. I love that it has showers and laundry facilities because we need them!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pocatello, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Huge and a bit crowded. Not exactly a camping experience but in a convenient location for visiting in Salt Lake. Friendly and helpful staff. Pool was closed for the season but the hot tub was still available. Restrooms and shower facilities were closed at different times than posted. A trolly station will soon be opening very near the entrance making it even more convenient for extended stays in Salt Lake City.

Room Tip: Do not come here if you are looking for a "camping" experience. This is a convenient stop...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Norco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed in many RV parks during our 14 day vacation - this one was by far the worst. Dog poop all over the ground - cigarette butts everywhere. Some full-time person's unleashed dog went after my dogs. Dead lawns. Over all a horrible park and I would never recommend it to anyone. Next time I will either find somewhere else to stay or not stop in Salt Lake City at all!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
slckoa, Manager at Salt Lake City KOA, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thanks for your review and for your phone call. After you called, I went to the tent site to clean the butts and doggie doo, but someone had beat me to it. The big tent site you referred to was clean. We did reassign the workers so that this will not happen again.

I spoke with the longterm resident the next day after your dog got scared. She said her dachshund/chihuahua mixed dog ran out past her. I reminded her that dogs need to be on leashes at all times. She said she does leash her dogs, but this time it slipped past her.

As I said during our phone call, I am sorry your dog was scared. None of us likes dogs running up to us.

We do try to address problems as soon as they occur when they are brought to our attention, and we try to provide an enjoyable experience. I'm sorry we let your down.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salt Lake City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#15 of 75 in Salt Lake City
4.5 of 5 stars 144 reviews
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City-Downtown
Radisson Salt Lake City Airport
Radisson Salt Lake City Airport
#23 of 75 in Salt Lake City
4.0 of 5 stars 336 reviews
Ramada Salt Lake City North Temple
Ramada Salt Lake City North Temp...
#55 of 75 in Salt Lake City
3.0 of 5 stars 180 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Airport
Grand America Hotel
Grand America Hotel
#1 of 75 in Salt Lake City
4.5 of 5 stars 976 reviews

Been to Salt Lake City KOA? Share your experiences!