“Not as bad as we were expecting...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Salt Lake City KOA

Salt Lake City KOA
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City KOA
You added Salt Lake City KOA to your Saves list
1400 West North Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84116   |
“Not as bad as we were expecting...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

It would never be a "destination" campground, but as crash pad for a night or 2 it does the trick. Ryan who checked us in, was friendly, helpful, and enthusiastic. Bathrooms and public areas are clean, campsites are adequete. There is quite bit if noise from the train, but I imagine even those staying in nearby hotels would hear it. The bar others mentioned appeared to be closed the night we stayed (weds) All in all, it's in-town camping: there's going to be some noise and the location is functional, not picturesque. It's a fine place to sleep and shower, I just wouldn't plan my vacation around the

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

We had stayed here last year and while the park is OK, their internet service was lousy and unreliable. They said they were in the process of upgrading it. When I made reservations for this year, I asked them about wifi availability at the site they assigned to us and they said it was there. I asked them if it was a good signal and fast and they said it was, so I assumed they had upgraded their system.

WRONG!! We couldn't even connect. Tech support was long in answering and did not fix the problems, rebooted the system and still no connection. When I talked with the people at the desk, I was informed that they too were having problems connecting. i asked why I wasn't told of the problems when I made the reservations and they just shrugged.

We won't be back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
North Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

Found after we arrived they have a monthly rental on the north side of the park. My bro knows a guy in Salt Lake that is terminal from cancer, 6 months to live at best....
park management heard one report from a neighbor they had smelled pot coming from his unit and terminated his lease with no further review or questions. Paul Dexter was a career truck driver for decades and a complete non drug user and frowns even at the the mention of any drug use. Terminally uncool group of people working there.
Located across the street from a Electrical Generating Plant, NOISY :(

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

well what can i say this place sucks they say they do background checks no they dont they have sex offendors in there park so run far far away this is the worst place to stay in utah the managment sucks and they dont ever do anything also they have a guy that works here that drives a yellow truck with a white shell he speeds all over the park like a mad man also the office people never listen to what your saying THIS PLACE IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

I almost didn't camp here, based on the reviews I read and I'm so pleased I didn't heed their opinion. KOA/VIP Salt Lake City is the perfect location for being in SLC.
The staff was thoroughly helpful and the free shuttle to town is great for us who didn't want to unhook.
The grounds are lush with beautiful tulips lining the sites and healthy grass for our lawn chairs.
Obviously things have changed since the Sept. 2009 review or that reviewer was having a bad day. I have traveled the world, literally, camping and for the location, this is a great spot.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

I travelled to meet with friends who are staying in their 5th Wheel at this KOA and I wanted to be close with my own space so I rented a cabin. I don't camp and I'm not an RV'er so I wasn't sure what to expect. I read the reviews here and discussed my concerns with my friends who assured me it was a great place. I'm so very glad I listened! From placing my reservations, buying little bits of supplies and souvenirs from the friendly and helpful staff, to walking the RV park with my friend, I was so very impressed! Everything was spotless! Yes there is a bar on the roadside but I stayed Fri - Sun without seeing the police and didn't hesitate to cross to the bathroom/shower building to use the facilities at night. I treated the whole weekend as an adventure and was treated in turn to an awesome time with my friends, seeing my first Blackbilled Magpie (it has a nest!), waking up to songbirds, watching seagulls, Canadian geese and ducks fly overhead, enjoyed the planted flowers, took probably a too long hot shower. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. My only suggestion is either to install shades on the cabin windows or warn people making reservations that they don't have them. It wasn't that big a deal but it did catch me by surprise.
A million thanks to my Sisterfriend who encouraged the adventure, also thank you Jenny and Nicole for being so friendly and helpful and tolerating my zillion and one questions! ~§

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

This RV park was very scary. Its located in a scary part of Salt Lake. There is a bar right next to it, which had cops there every night. They let anyone stay there. I hated when I was alone. For what we paid you'd think it would be a nice place. Their internet sucks. You cant sit outside or go swimming with out some pervert staring at you. We won't be coming back. Go to Pony Rv Express!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business

Been to Salt Lake City KOA? Share your experiences!