“A Nice Port For Lodging” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport

You added Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4843 West Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84116   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #26 of 74 Hotels in Salt Lake City
GreenLeadersBronze level
California
“A Nice Port For Lodging”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This Courtyard had a nice clean room and was of good size. It had nice decor, a sofa + 2 night stands. There are wall lamps on each side of the bed for reading. Bed comfort was very good. Although hotel is located near the airport, there is not much noise. Our rooom was 1st floor facing the front of the hotel away from the airport side The A/C unit is quite noisy, however, the fan shuts off when set temp is reached, unlike those where the fan continues to run while the compressor shuts off. Has complimentary WIFI or wired internet access. Found it to be easy to connect.
There is a very cozy lobby area, good for reading or watching TV. There is also a nice patio area outside with lawn furniture, chairs, umbrella table--a great relation area. The boarding pass computer is preprogrammed for all major air lines and this computer is separate from the regular guest computers.

There is no complimentary coffee or breakfast, however, there is in-room coffee you make yourself. There is a Bristo onsite, however, we did not try it but it should be acceptable judging from other Courtyard Bristos I've tried. Seems like a nice hotel to spend a few days in. Must travel a ways for eating areas or other shopping. I would highly recommend this Courtyard.

Room Tip: Take a room away from the airport side
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

very clean and very comfortable.
The hotel was nice and roomy and has a small deli like place where you can order sandwiches, etc and they even serve starbucks coffee

The beds were very clean and fluffy with lots of pillows. The TV in the room was nice and big too

They have a nice indoor swimming pool and a hot tub.

Overall, a great stay! I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMLauren, General Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing our Courtyard by Marriott and for writing about your stay on TripAdvisor! We appreciate the details you shared about both the room and the hotel features: Bistro and pool area.

We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Salt Lake!

Best,
Lauren DeBoalt
Courtyard by Marriott Salt Lake City Airport
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

we stayed here for one night but I wish we could stay here more.it looks like they renovated the entire hotel.evrything looked very well maintained.rooms were outstanding.we were in a tour otherwise I would have stayed more.overall this hotels is very good.

Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

One exit from the Salt Lake City airport, this hotel was a nice oasis away from it all. The hotel was renovated in January 2013 so practically everything was new. Beds were very comfortable and noise level was quiet (I was on the top floor). With a lovely outdoor patio and comfortable furniture, it was a nice place to relax when it wasn't too hot. We took advantage of the Bistro for dinner and breakfast and I appreciated the calorie counts next to the items; everything tasted fresh and was rather good. Starbucks coffee drinks as well as polite service. Free on-demand shuttle to the airport.
Now for the just OK: Slow internet..I tried to download a movie to watch on the plane via wireless and then wired but it would have taken 3+ hours to do so according to my laptop. Service at the front desk was lackluster.. I was able to get answers to my questions but I always felt as though I was causing them an inconvenience even when the lobby was empty.

Room Tip: Top floor might be the quietest, away from the elevators.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Thanks to Trip Advisor I was able to locate a great, affordable hotel to go to when I missed my flight from Salt Lake City to Spokane. I arrived at the hotel after 1 am and I was greeted by a welcoming, smiling person. I was given a good rate so it was nice not to sleep in the airport. My room was spacious, clean and fresh smelling. The bed was so comfortable. The coffee pot came in handy in the early morning hours. When I checked out of the Courtyard five hours later, the same smiling woman was still there and was more than happy to assist me in getting a complimentary shuttle to the airport....by the same friendly driver.

Room Tip: Call and ask for the best rate.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
GMLauren, General Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your kind comments about our hotel and team. I'm sorry to hear about the circumstances in which you had to stay in Salt Lake, but am glad our team took care of you.

We hope to see you next time - when you intend to visit us!

Best,
Lauren DeBoalt
Courtyard by Marriott Salt Lake City Airport
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed at this particular Courtyard location on 7/7 & 8. I usually ask for a late checkout depending on the time of my customer appointments. This time I did not as I knew I would be out all day on calls. My last call cancelled so I returned to the Courtyard to change clothes for the flight home - something more comfortable than a coat & tie. The person on duty was Max Valdez. I asked if the room I had vacated earlier today might still be available for a quick change of clothes. Rather than giving me all the reasons "why that couldn't happen", Max called housekeeping who had already started the cleaning process and allowed me to use the room to change and repack some clothes. His attitude was more of "how can I help or accommodate". That's what I like about this Courtyard (and quite frankly, the one in Avondale (Phoenix) Arizona. They treat you well and as a frequent traveler that is always appreciated. Good job, Max! Thanks for taking good care of a guest.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a typical Courtyard. However, we thought the food at the Bistro was unusually fresh. Free shuttle, although it is shared with ofher hotels closeby. We would stay here again if we had to stay by the airport.

• Stayed July 2013