“Fine place for a short stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #30 of 76 hotels in Salt Lake City
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Fine place for a short stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We checked into this hotel after a long and tiring drive from Bryce Canyon. It was very hot outside and we were pleasantly surprised by the efficient service at the reception desk. The room was large and well appointed, every thing worked perfectly. We did have an issue with the air conditioner but this was resolved in minutes of calling up front desk.

Being in close proximity to the airport has its own benefits and we had no tension of missing our flight to Denver. Only I wish they had a bell boy, since we had to tow our luggage to the lift and then to our room. Overall I think this is a great place to stay if you are a traveler and planning to take a flight out of Salt Lake City.

• Stayed July 2013

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Anthem, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stay at this hotel regularly for business trips. Clean, comfortable, modern, well priced rooms. Friendly staff. Very close to the airport, but I've not noticed any noise issues. Breakfast is well stocked and they keep it filled right up to the end time, unlike other hotels I've stayed in that stop putting out food well ahead of "closing time". No actual restaurant, but a Perkins is next door and attached to the hotel, and they will deliver food to the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Wasilla, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed here for three days. It was close to the airport, also it was not too far from downtown. The staff was friendly and helpful. The kids loved the pool. The breakfast was well stocked with many choices. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Very nice place to stay. We had an early plane to catch on last day so stayed near airport. Still a reasonable area and not disturbed by planes at all. Service in Perkins was very slow and food nothing to write home about.

Breakfast was more than reasonable.

Staff very friendl

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa M, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for the review of the Fairfield Inn and Suites and Perkins restaurant.

I apoligize for the slow service in Perkins, and have passed that along to our restaurant manager. Good to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff, a happy face at the Front Desk is our pride and joy!

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and hope to see you in the future.

Safe travels!
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Used some reward points for family members to stay here overnight on their way back home, so I wasn't actually there. The only negative about the place was the dirty windows (see photo). Otherwise, the family said everything was as expected at the Fairfield Inns with great staff that were friendly and a nice breakfast in the morning before they drove again. Video on my Youtube Channel. Thanks for reading.

RetiredArmyRANGER

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I checked in late on a Saturday night, left around 6:00 am the next morning. What I liked is that it was exactly what we needed- quick check in, clean room, friendly front office staff, and no problems. When we left the Sunday morning, the breakfast buffet wasn't open yet, but they set it up early and had lots of cold food choices (ceral, fruit, yourgurt, etc.) The hotel is easy to find, close to the airport (on the west side of the airport a few miles while Salt Lake City is on the east side of the airport), and there's even a gas station a block away for those who like to fuel up the car before you turn it in and save a few bucks. Perfect choice for this kind of a stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently had to overnight near SLC in order to make an early connection the next day and spent one night here. I am glad I did and can highly recommend it.

This hotel, just minutes from SLC, was very clean and modern. The staff was friendly, the service was great, they have a free shuttle and breakfast, and the price was right! What more could you want in a budget property?

The hotel was quiet and the bed was comfortable - I slept good here, which is my primary criteria for any hotel. The free breakfast has limited selections, of course, but was very serviceable for me. Hot beverages - coffee, tea and hot chocolate - are available around the clock. There are 2 computers for guest use just off the lobby and the in-room wifi worked well for me.

The only possible downside to this hotel is that there are very limited restaurant choices in the immediate area if, like me, you stay here without a car. But it worked for me as I knew that going in. There are 3 or 4 casual dining restaurants within a few blocks, including a Perkins attached to this property. But I only saw 1 fast food (Subway) chain nearby.

Even though this is a budget property in the Marriott portfolio, I give it a solid Excellent rating for all the reasons stated above. It met my needs and exceeded my expectations. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport? Share your experiences!