It's really too bad that I had an awful night's sleep here because almost everything else was really good. We didn't make reservations and just showed up because we decided Salt Lake City was a good stopping point on our road trip. The staff was very friendly and the service was quick and efficient. The room was large and clean. It was definitely a great room for the price. I've stayed in some pretty terrible places for similar prices. A big problem we had was that I think the hotel had disabled the buttons on the fan/air conditioning so you can't keep it constantly going. I have anxiety and insomnia so I need loud, white noise to calm me and drown out any other sound when I'm in foreign places. I wasn't able to have that. The fan went off once every hour and a half. I know this because I was up most of the night because the other guests were very loud. Sadly this is a deal breaker for me. It's unfortunate because I really did like everything else about the place. The people above us were jumping all over the place. I assume they had children or something. The person next to us had his TV up really loud, but the hotel staff quickly called him once we complained and asked him to turn it down.
Also the breakfast wasn't very impressive. I have a gluten intolerance and everything they had, with the exception of oranges and apples, had gluten in it. So I wasn't able to take advantage of the few options they did offer. Even without this allergy, you'll only be getting muffins and cereal.
I would recommend this hotel if you're okay with a fan that goes off once in a blue moon and few options for breakfast. But really, it feels safe and the rooms are clean which is my main priority for any hotel I stay at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City International Airport is a 100% Non Smoking Hotel and Renovation completed in June, 2012. We are located on the west side of Salt Lake City Int'l Airport and just 8 miles west of downtown Salt Lake City. Local attractions all under 15 minutes away include Spring Mobile Ballpark, The Maverick Center, Temple Square, Energy Solutions Arena, City Creek Mall, Gateway Mall and Valley Fair Mall is only six miles away with many new restaurants and two large movie theaters. Also nearby is Miller Motorsports Park and the Olympic Skating Oval as well as USANA Ampitheater. Local Companies include DHL, Expedex, Platt Electric Supply, Cummins, RC Willey, Federal Express, Hunter Douglas, FBI and many more all in close driving or shuttle distance. No matter what time of the year you visit please enjoy our indoor heated swimming pool and jacuzzi, fitness room, or a jog through the International Business Center. We have large green areas to walk your dogs as well. Our HDTV includes 32 channels with free to guest movies and interactive plug and play on our 32" televisions. If you are flying in and don't have a car we are here for you with our complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. Also offered to our hotel guests is our Stay & Go Parking Package with seasonal rates to leave your car while you fly out after your stay with us. Parking is of course free while you stay in the hotel. We look forward to meeting you on your next trip to Salt Lake City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, LaQuinta, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Salt Lake City Airport
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport Hotel Salt Lake City
- La Quinta Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City La Quinta
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport Utah