“Great vacation” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4905 West Wiley Post Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84116   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #29 of 74 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Certificate of Excellence 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

It's really too bad that I had an awful night's sleep here because almost everything else was really good. We didn't make reservations and just showed up because we decided Salt Lake City was a good stopping point on our road trip. The staff was very friendly and the service was quick and efficient. The room was large and clean. It was definitely a great room for the price. I've stayed in some pretty terrible places for similar prices. A big problem we had was that I think the hotel had disabled the buttons on the fan/air conditioning so you can't keep it constantly going. I have anxiety and insomnia so I need loud, white noise to calm me and drown out any other sound when I'm in foreign places. I wasn't able to have that. The fan went off once every hour and a half. I know this because I was up most of the night because the other guests were very loud. Sadly this is a deal breaker for me. It's unfortunate because I really did like everything else about the place. The people above us were jumping all over the place. I assume they had children or something. The person next to us had his TV up really loud, but the hotel staff quickly called him once we complained and asked him to turn it down.

Also the breakfast wasn't very impressive. I have a gluten intolerance and everything they had, with the exception of oranges and apples, had gluten in it. So I wasn't able to take advantage of the few options they did offer. Even without this allergy, you'll only be getting muffins and cereal.

I would recommend this hotel if you're okay with a fan that goes off once in a blue moon and few options for breakfast. But really, it feels safe and the rooms are clean which is my main priority for any hotel I stay at.

Room Tip: If you really want it to be quiet, get a room on the top floor. I think it's the third floor. Th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ely, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I usually don't complain. I run a hotel, so I always try to be understanding and give employees the benefit of the doubt. But traveling with a sick 1 year old is tough enough, and not being able to get a crib for that sick one year old to sleep in until midnight is ridiculous. We arrived here around 9:45 pm, and called down for a crib at about 10:00. The front desk girl told me that she was here alone, and had to wait for the shuttle driver to get back to bring the crib to our room. I waited about an hour, and called down again. She reassured me that as soon as the shuttle driver returned it would be right up. Around 11:35 my husband went down to buy something from the sundry shop, and saw the shuttle bus outside the front door. We called down again, and she answered the phone with a, 'Oh! The crib! I'll have it up in a few minutes.' About ten minutes later my husband decided to see if he could just go down and get it himself. The shuttle driver was at the desk, and when he asked why it had taken so long, she responded with, 'What do you want me to do about it?' He told her he didn't want to pay for it, seeing as the front desk girl told me it cost $10 per night and couldn't bring it up until I gave her a credit card number. He was told by the shuttle driver that we shouldn't have been charged in the first place. She pulled up our account, and said there was no credit card on file. So I'm not really sure why I gave my credit card number. Needless to say, the building is nice and kept very clean, but the night staff clearly needs some work.

• Stayed July 2013
Elk Grove
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I travel often for work and have stayed in Salt Lake City Utah several times. Each time I have been very disappointed,The hotels in Salt Lake City are not very nice and it's like you take chances every time. The Last time I stayed in La Quinta Inn & Suites located on West Wiley post Way and it was very nice and they have a indoor pool and the breakfast was really good. The only thing I did not like is the air conditioner in on some type of motion detector and the room kept getting hot. I think the motion detector on the A/C will be a big problem, that could keep people from coming back. To the manager, I would removed the motion detectors so that your guest can stay cool during the night other than that your hotel is very nice.

Room Tip: The next time I stay I will request the top floor, every time some flushed the toilet you can here i...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
kirkwood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay with pets. Pool was nice. Wish it was outside; although if we were to visit in the winter this pool would be ideal! Stopoed in our way through town. Room service was terribly slow but decent food.

• Stayed July 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The staff were friendly and allowed us to check in early. We were exhausted from our flight and were thankful to be able to check in and take a nap. We had a wonderful room with microwave and fridge! It was clean and comfortable. We had a wondeful time in SLC!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport? Share your experiences!