“Clean, courteous staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Salt Lake City Airport

You added Residence Inn Salt Lake City Airport to your Saves list
Residence Inn Salt Lake City Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4883 West Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84116   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #8 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Kansas City, Missouri
“Clean, courteous staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Desk staff very helpful and nice. Rooms starting to look dated but clean. I could hear noise from other guests at night, but rooms generally quiet. Convenient to airport and highway. I would stay here again in the future.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Palo Alto, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed one night and the road noise on the I-80 side was tremendously loud, all night. We arrived on a reservation at 930 pm and were given a double on the roadside despite reserving a Queen. This place has a good restaurant for breakfast and is great inside. For a room facing a noisy interstate highway we severely overpaid for this room. If you come here insist on an inside room or go elsewhere.....or bring earplugs.

Room Tip: Inside room!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mount Vernon, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

One of the most awesome hotels that I have ever stayed in. Great job by the staff for a very enjoyable stay. Rooms were very clean and well maintained by housekeeping. The only down side of the trip was the weather, which they could not control. Nice job!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Due to a maintenance problem with my Delta plane (that will be an entirely differen review) I was given a free night at the Residence Airport in SLC. Although I did not have a lengthly stay I was VERY impressed with how clean and comfortable the room was. It was well appointed even though I did not need the kitchen. They had a small but decent amount of quick items I could microwave for "dinner" once I finally got to a place to sleep after 24 hrs. And Kevin J, the young man at the desk was very helpful as well...I asked if they had somewhere I could charge my iphone with a usb cord, as that was all I had, and he ran to his car and grabbed a plug end for me to use for the night. The van drivers were very nice at midnight when I was picked up at the airport (even though he was being yelled at by people that were angry with Delta) and at 7 when I left again the next morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I expect the quality of most chain hotels to be similar. I've stayed at a number of Marriott Residence Inns, and they all share common qualities - clean, well appointed, nice breakfasts, etc. But one thing made THIS Residence Inn worthy of a review, and that's the quality of the smiles from the staff. All the staff I met, and I met a few, were warm, engaging, helpful and all had a welcoming sense that really stood out to me - a frequent traveler.

Two things especially are worth noting. First, I usually leave a tip for the room cleaning staff, but this was the first time I ever found a thank-you note from the staff!! I certainly don't expect it, but I must say I was charmed to get it. Second, over breakfast I saw that the hotel has daily staff meeting to review issues, etc, I could tell from the style of the meetings that the hotel management has created a real sense of collaboration and 'family' with the staff, and this attitude is infectious.

Well done, Residence Inn at SLC Airport, well done!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Tiffany2148, Sales Manager at Residence Inn Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your experience here at the Residence Inn Salt Lake City Airport. In addition thank you for noting our staff, we have a wonderful staff and enjoy working with each and every one of them. We truly appreciate your feed back about our token of appreciate for our guest and are glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you next time you are in town!
Truckee, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here 3 nights clean. Close to the airport. That's about where it ends.

Housekeeping looked like they never visited the room. Newspapers that were on the floor were left. Towels were not rehung. Coffee pot was broken.

Ice on the sidewalks in front was not sanded or salted or was ice removed. I mentioned I fell on the ice on the walk in front of the hotel on way to the car and the front desk clerk basically said oh well!

I won't stay here again. There are many Marriott properties in the Salt Lake area.

Room Tip: Don't be on the freeway side. Noisy even with triple pane windows
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tiffany2148, Sales manager at Residence Inn Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you, for your feedback on your recent stay with us here at the Residence Inn by Marriott Salt Lake City Airport. I would like to apologize that we did not meet the standards of service that is expected. I have passed on your comments to my operations and housekeeping managers and we are making the changes necessary to improve our service levels, to avoid any of the repeat of the problems you encountered. I sincerely apologize about the incident in front of our hotel and how my staff responded. We take those matters very seriously and that response is being addressed.

Thank you again for your comments as all feedback received help us improve our hotel and our guests experience.
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I am actually shocked at how these last few reviews portray this place. I travel all the time and thought this was one of the worst establishments I have ever stayed at! I was not impressed by the service at all. It was the worst customer service I have ever received at a Marriott. Usually they go out of their way for guests especially platinum members but this Marriott I found the staff to be extremely rude. Simple tasks like remaking a key were a huge imposition for the staff. Not only is it in need of a major rennovation, I did not find the rooms to be clean enough at all. This place is also located right next to a freeway so not exactly the best place for a relaxing nights sleep. There are enough places in Salt Lake City that you should be able to easily avoid this place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tiffany2148, Sales Manager at Residence Inn Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Salt Lake City Airport. We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us. I apologize that your experience at our Residence Inn did not meet your expectations. I assure you that your experience is not typical for us as we pride ourselves on providing top notch service in all areas. As a result of our focus on guest satisfaction, in 2012 our team finished in the top ten percent for the Residence Inn by Marriott brand in Overall Customer Experience according to Marriott’s Guest Satisfaction Surveys that get emailed to every guest upon departure. In 2013 we will be renovating our Hotel, which will have a new look and fresh rooms for our guests. Our hotel is located adjacent to the airport to make it convenient for guests traveling in and out of the Salt Lake City airport. I apologize that your sleep and stay was impacted by the sound of the freeway. To reduce the noise we have installed sound deadening windows. As a Platinum member we appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and thank you for sharing your experience.

Been to Residence Inn Salt Lake City Airport? Share your experiences!