“GREAT improvement on free breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Salt Lake City/Airport

You added Super 8 Salt Lake City/Airport to your Saves list
Super 8 Salt Lake City/Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   223 North Jimmy Doolittle Road, Interstate 80 West Exit 113, Salt Lake City, UT 84116   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #41 of 74 Hotels in Salt Lake City
UT
“GREAT improvement on free breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

Last year, we reserved the same room @ the same hotel & was disappointed with the continental breakfast. Mostly, with the frozen waffles & the old wrinkly they offered.

We were pleasantly surprised with the improvement of waffle makers & excellent fresh fruit.

My husband & I requested the jacuzzi suite for our anniversary weekend. The room was clean & well maintained. This was our 2nd annual stay in the exact same room. Check-in & out was easy.

I only have 3 complaints:
1. A room next door to us sounded like a washing machine was off balance @ 0300 in the morning.
2. I was not given a DAV or Vet. discount. I was told that there weren't any discounts for this particular room.
3. Check-out is @ 11:00am. I asked, "If I pay a small fee, can we check out a little later." I was told that the owner only gives the maids 5 hours to clean the rooms & that if we stayed longer, we would be charged another full day fee. While this is not unusual, I have been to other chains & they charged us only $20 for a couple of more hours. I thought this request was reasonable & fair.

These "complaints" are just that & does not affect my decision to come back to this particular hotel. We will definitely come back.

Room Tip: 1. Bring a refill coffee mug. You can use this for getting as much coffee @ the first time & tak...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Preston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

We were looking for an inexpensive place with an indoor pool and a free breakfast. We were meeting my sister here so had two rooms. This place was great. The pool was very warm in a nice warm room with lots of windows. The spa was also enjoyable. The hotel lobby is very nice. The check in clerk was very friendly and helpful. The room was good size and clean, beds were comfortable. The breakfast was ok, they ran out of waffle batter just as we got there for breakfast, which was 10 minutes before the breakfast closed. You can't beat the price for this quality of a hotel.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
HotelManager8515, General Manager at Super 8 Salt Lake City/Airport, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best we can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.
liberty112
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We booked this place before we left on our cross country road trip. This review is for our "on the way" part of our trip. The "on the way" room we were given was terrible. Simply awful. I don't understand why a company would rent out a room to a traveler that is in such poor condition. The room on "our way back" was great. So its a hit or miss place here folks. Take a chance or.... NOT. I would stay at another hotel near by if you can.

The desk clerk was not very welcoming. She didn't smile as I checked in. The room we were given had a very large 1 foot by 7 inches or so stain on the carpet that was very visable when you first walked in the door to the room. The window did not lock and the window screen was also bent extremely bad and was torn through. It looked like someone had tried to break in from the outside parking lot. The parking lot had trash strewn about but I thought perhaps it was just from the very recent rain storm. There was a shoe in the middle of our parking spot. The same shoe was still sitting there a week later on our way back through. Breakfast was your typical hotel breakfast with waffles and donuts. The forks and paperwear needed to be restocked though.

The area is nice because if you are going west you don't have to deal with rush hour traffic. If you are going east- you are very happy to see this little area of hotels after traveling across the flats. Not much for eating in the area- this was disappointing.

The front door to the hotel has "trip advisor" stickers on it. I hope that the management or owners pay attention to this review. Seriously- clean up the trash in the parking lot. Clean the carpet and fix the windows and screens. It wouldn't cost but $50 to $150 dollars to do this and have a much happier customer and also a much better review posted online for your establishment.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
super8saltlakecityut, Webmaster at Super 8 Salt Lake City/Airport, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Salt Lake City/Airport for your recent stays in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem with the window in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair.

• Management was approached about the window in the room assigned to you and security measures were discussed.

• Grounds maintenance received additional training in presenting a good appearance to our potential guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Salt Lake City/Airport. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Wageningen, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed here for one night because it was close to airport. Discusting place.. Room was not ready at arrival and room was very smelly and dirty. 'breakfast' was a mess and the staff doesn't even speak englisch. Ok, it's a cheap hotel, you can't expect high service and a suoer breakfast, but this was really really bad...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Salt Lake City/Airport for your recent stay in our area.

• Staff members were approached about approaching other staff members for help when there is a language barrier between them and our valued guests.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

Hotel Manager.
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

room had a few flaws - chewed carpet by door and in room, likely accounted for their rule tht the dog is never alone (even crated).

Room Tip: if you are taking a pet - bring a crate!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Rexburg, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

We were traveling in Saltlake on june 1st through Shriners Hospital for Children. I called the hotel just before 3pm to see if any rooms would be availble after my daughters surgery. I gave them my credit card info to hold the room. At that time they informed me I would need a 100 dollar cash deposit. I did not have it so I called to a friend to see if the hotel would charge the room to thier acct. The hotel would not allow them to without being there. I called back just after 4 to inform them we did not have the deposit and would not be staying. Because it was after 4 that I called I was charged the full rate on my credit card for a no show!!! Theft! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
HotelManager8515, General Manager at Super 8 Salt Lake City/Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
You were told that if you pay cash upon check-in, then we require room rent plus additional $100 deposit, not that you need to have a credit card AND $100 Deposit. Our cancellation policy is, you must call property direct by 4pm Local time on the day of your arrival to cancel your reservation to avoid a no-show charge. And we do not charge a credit card over the phone without having a signed credit card authorization from the card holder to avoid dispute.
Bountiful, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

This room was clean, and quiet and the hotel staff was very friendly. I stayed here while my apartment was fumigated for spiders and was a little distressed due to the lack of sleep previous nights. The hotel staff was helpful and friendly and told me that if I needed anything during my stay to let them know. I was able to unwind and catch up on some sleep here. I appreciate their efforts.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Salt Lake City/Airport? Share your experiences!