“Hampton Inn, Salt Lake City Airport” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Military Family Rate
Ranked #12 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City, UT, United States
“Hampton Inn, Salt Lake City Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Very good hotel with courteous staff, very clean rooms with good furniture, Flat screen TVs, Complimentary breakfast in the hotel as well as To Go. Great location. Close to the airport, downtown and the salt lake. There is a bank,Gas station, Subway restaurant and a food court at the walking distance from this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Terri C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites SLC Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for the great review. We really appreciate you as a guest and hope that if travels bring you this way you would choose us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Boise, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Good clean rooms. Located in a quiet business park area adjacent to airport. Quality breakfast bar. Several good restaurants and fast food locations nearby. HBO on TV for free. Great value for what you get. Highly recommend this facility.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Terri C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites SLC Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for the great review. We really appreciate your staying with us and hope you are able to return again!
Ojai, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn on 'hotel row' by the SLC airport. The inn was very quiet and met my needs perfectly. The business that I was visiting was less than a mile from the hotel - I could have easily walked. The only drawback is that there is no restaurant onsite but there are others in the nearby hotels which were very good.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Terri C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites SLC Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Wow you got the "Hotel Row" correct. It wasn't that long ago it seems that there were just a handful of options out here. Now you can find all the brands and still no nice restaurants in the area. This is an open invitation to anyone that wants to open one out here, you would have a packed house every night! I am thankful that you chose to stay with us and hope that you will continue to return whenever travels bring you to Salt Lake City. We honestly appreciate your business.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I stayed at this hotel this week for a seminar. I really like Hamptons because you always know what you are going to get. The hotel lobby, breakfast area, gym and conference room was great and updated. My room was average. The rooms are noisy and you can hear folks around you. More than normal for a hotel. The rooms have been remodeled lately but not completely. The bathooms are roomy but a little dated. The room did not have a mini fridge or another like most Hamptons now days. The hotel is also a little hard to find. We did not see signs or directions like the other hotels in the area. In the end, this hotel is ok. If you miss your flight or looking for a place to just sleep overnight this would be a choice. The Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
We are listening! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay here. Our guest opinions are always important to us, thats how we know what needs improving. I am happy to hear the team was friendly and helpful. May all your future travels be perfect in every way.
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

After staying at SLC airport Hampton Inn, 2 months later I get a call/email from hotel management stating: "The credit card that was on file to charge wasnt your credit card, therefore I will need a form of payment for your room charges". Wait….what? What they meant to say was that when I checked in to the hotel alongside my colleague, each of using separate CC and separate receptionists, the hotel staff somehow put my charges on my colleagues CC. My colleague didn’t notice the error until he received his CC statement a month later which showed double room charges, also not realizing they were actually mine (and also didn’t think it was necessary to mention it to me). My colleague notice this error and called AMEX to have half of the charges removed off his CC. This refund action prompted the hotel to realize that they screwed up and this charge should have originally went on my CC.
I just find it odd that the hotel kept saying to me that: “The credit card that was on file to charge wasn’t your credit card, therefore I will need a form of payment for your room charges” in order to correct the situation. Rather than say to me “we messed up and inadvertently put your room charges on your colleagues and we’re very sorry for the mix up and inconvenience”. I didn’t notice the charge missing from my CC statement as I stayed at several hotels that month, along with another Hampton Inn in Denver the night before this stay. The funny thing is, the SLC hotel restaurant figured out how to charge my CC properly for our dinner the first night of our stay!
I’m sure I will be getting the “form” response regarding this TA report from hotel management stating that they strive to provide great customer service, along with treating our CC’s with the upmost care, blah, blah, blah! Other than fully “comping” me for my stay, I don’t think any kind of apology from the hotel will do! The hotel just handled the whole situation very unprofessionally! So look at your bill very closely, I don’t think I will be returning to this hotel again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Your complaint has been heard through our hotel team and here on TA. My goal has always been to take care of our guests so I would like to address the actual issues. The CC that paid for your room for 2 nights belonged to your colleague you were traveling with. The property management system that is used to check you into the hotel shows that the CC was actually swiped in the card reader at the time of your check-in. For that to happen it had to be handed to the agent. Once the CC number is in the system we can only see the last 4 digits of the card and for security reasons no information is held after your check out. The only way we will know of an error is a call from a guest or the CC company. In this case there is proof that the card was given to the agent to use on your folio at the time of check-in. When you ordered at the restaurant you provided your own CC for them to swipe into the system. You were very nice to call back after Sunshine left a voice message for you. According to Sun she did ask for an alternate CC or if you would prefer the 100% Guarantee. You had replied "No, no charge my CC" this was on 4/11/14. It is clear you have changed your mind and that is completely ok. We want our guests to be happy, comfortable and satisfied, its the bedrock of our brand and we will always stand by it. You were with us for 2 nights on business and we have extended the 100% for both nights. Sir my direct office number is 801 519 6500 I am here and willing to listen. There is no pat answer from this hotel ever. Each one of our guests are individuals and all unique and equally important to me. My hope is that all of your future travels will be all that you expect them to be.
Blackfoot, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

This was a great way to end a wonderful trip. The room was great and the bed was very comfortable. Everything was very clean and in good shape. The breakfast was a little small. The waffle maker was broken and many of the bread items were out. But that is just the way things happen sometimes and it isn't anybodies fault. We enjoyed ourselves, and will visit again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am so sorry about the waffle maker it also sounds like there was a mad rush just before you made it into the breakfast room. It is not always easy to gauge how fast the items are going to be taken. Breakfast is one of the highlights, please accept my sincere apology. We do appreciate your comments they are what motivate us to continue to improve. We hope you will be willing to give us another go, you have my promise we will keep some set aside for you on the next trip! Have a great week and safe travels.
Midland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

All of the hotel staff, including the shuttle drivers, were so friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and nice enough for us on business. Also, the bed was very comfortable! The whole place felt warm and inviting.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

You described just what we want to be. Our goal is to always be a home away from home for our business travelers especially. The road warriors are the ones that practically live out of a suit case. If we are able to make them comfortable enough to get a good nights sleep we have accomplished something. Thank you for sharing and hope to see you again. Safe travels!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites SLC Airport? Share your experiences!