“Great for Cheap & Easy Skiing” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #47 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great for Cheap & Easy Skiing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

My friend in I were blown away by the service at this place. In 3 days we knew most the people by names as they offer a free shuttle to take you anywhere you would like to go in the area. Not renting a car and staying here was effortless as they picked us up from the airport and shuttled us to and from the park and ride. To access skiing from this location you take the Ramada shuttle 12min to the UTA park and ride at the base of the mountain. From here you can choose a bus to the 4 major mountains (Brighton, Solitude, Alta or SnowBird) which takes about 45 minutes. So from the time we left the hotel we would be on the lift consistantly in 1hr and half. That is only about 30 minutes longer than it would take with a car with none of the hassle and a lot of the same flexibility since you can take the Ramada shuttle to dinner and the airport. The ski package they offer is a great deal and why I chose this location. Beds are great, rooms are well kept, thin walls but just turn on the AC unit fan and you cant hear a thing. Thanks!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
RamadaAGM, General Manager at Ramada Limited Salt Lake City, responded to this review, June 5, 2011
Thanks much for your review! Yes, skiing in Utah is top notch. Greatest Snow on Earth they say. Especially this year, Snowbird is staying open until July 4th! We beleive we offer a great value for the package as you mentioned. Looking forward to seeing you again next year!
Best Wishes, Ellis Parks - GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

This is a surprisingly very nice roadside hotel. Front desk clerk was very helpful when we arrived at late. The breakfast was more than a Continental; hot waffle tastes great. I feel very homely in this place

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Appreciate your review! We do try to keep our rates competitive while offering some great amenities. As you mentioned the expanded continental breakfast, also a heated indoor pool and spa, small fitness area, RamadaMART, and free wireless access! Not to mention the in-room amenities as well. We appreciate your business.
Best Wishes, Ellis Parks - GM
Medina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

I have just returned from a flawless and very pleasant time in Salt Lake City. I went there to undergo a series of medical treatments that would take about a week. I researched the area and decided to stay at the Ramada Limited on South State Street. It turned out to be a dynamite decision. I called directly to the hotel before my trip and talked to the Sales Director. I wanted to make sure that my reservation was intact and to request transportation from the airport to the hotel. I explained the purpose of my trip. She told me that they offer a special discounted "medical" rate and applied it to my reservation. I was thrilled! I was able to reserve the free airport shuttle service for both arrival and my departure at the end of the week. The hotel also offered free rides to and from all of my medical appointments. That service, alone, saved me a bundle in taxi fees. I was able to go into the heart of the city, as well, using the shuttle. It was obvious that my room had been recently refurbished. It was clean and bright. It included a queen sized bed, table and chairs, dresser, TV, safe and coffee maker. It also had a full bathroom with tub and shower. The water pressure was very good and always hot. All of the usual travel sized shampoos etc. were freshened each day. A very nice, free continental breakfast was included with the room. Hot waffles, cereals, juices, coffees, teas, fresh fruits, bagels, yogurt and danish were always on hand. I never was hungry after that! The hotel also had an indoor pool and hot tub for its guests. How soothing after a full day of surgery. There was a Kentucky Fried Chicken right in the parking lot. They served all sorts of short order foods. The entire staff at the hotel were some of the friendliest people I've met in a long time. They all knew their jobs and did them extremely well. They went out of their way often to help me and make sure things were alright. They often helped each other so that guests were not inconvenienced. The hotel even had a computer in the lobby so that I could check in and print my flight boarding passes for free during the day before I left to come home. Free WiFi was also provided in my room for my laptop.
I recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a good hotel with a wonderful staff and a very low price. I would return there again. My hat's off to the staff at the Ramada Limited, Salt Lake City, Utah!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Staff Review of Guest: A Wonderful Experience from Start to Finish. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. I remember speaking with you personally a number of times through your stay and have to say its always nice to have guests such as yourself that we really get a chance to talk to and get to know for the short time here. Medical appointments are not usually fun and we do our best to make them a bit less stressful. We offer a great medical discount as part of that "less stress" too (with documentation). We hope you get a chance to come back for a more relaxing trip. Best Wishes - Ellis Parks -GM
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

My wife and I stayed here during our March 2009 ski-trip to Utah. It was our first time and we had no-idea if we were staying in a good area for slopes access or not. Turned out to be almost perfect; The freeway is only a matter of yards from the hotel(noise was not a problem though), so getting on the correct road to whichever ski-hill we were visiting was easy. Both Park City and the Cottonwood canyons were within 30-40 mins drive, which is fine for us. The hotel itself was fine; breakfast included was useful, staff were pretty helpful and friendly, room was clean and well appointed. Downtown SLC is about a 5-10 minute drive away, as is the Sugarhouse district - great for eating out and shopping. Overall this is a goodie. We will stay here again in the future if we return to Ski Utah.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for mentioning location. That's what it's all about right? Yep easy access to ski slopes at the Cottonwood resorts and Park City and downtown and...many other attractions. For example: the Zoo, Capitol Building, Gateway Mall, Trolley Square, Clark Planetarium, the U of U with Museum of Fine Art and Natural History Museum. A little further south is the Living Planent Aquarium, Cabela's, Gardner Village, and Bingham Kennecott Copper Mine... Since your last visit we have updated our lobby, got a small fitness center, and RamadaMART at our front desk. Thanks for your review, glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.
- Ellis Parks General Manager
Niagara Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

I really appreciated the service at this hotel. The staff was so friendly, and it was peaceful. I would stay here again, and the breakfast was a pleasant treat with the fresh fruit and bagels. The drivers sure know customer service, thanks for your hospitality.

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Appreciate the review. We re continually working to have the best people for the best service. That's what hospitality is supposed to be all about. Thanks for staying with us!
-Ellis Parks - GM
Jackson, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

I chose this hotel for its proximity to the areas in SLC that I needed to get to. It was a big disappointment. The rooms are outdated with dirty carpet. The bed pillows were lumpy. The bathroom had cracked floor tiles, dirt in the corners, and a shower head that was mounted for people 5' 5" and under. The toilet leaked all night and kept me awake. The walls were thin and I heard folks coming and going throughout the night.

I was scheduled to stay two nights, but cancelled my 2nd night because it was so unpleasant. On the plus side, the lobby is up-to-date.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

A super family reunion. Grandma and Grandpa paid for all the kids and all of their children, and partied (fun not hard) for 3 days. Pool was always available, they even took our pet for a small fee. A little expensive at $79, especially for the slow holidays when the big brands are offering the same, but the Ramada had a very accommodating staff from the front desk all the way to the sweet housekeeper that was assigned to our room.
1 Great-Grandma + 2 Grandparents + 15 children & spouses + 19 grandchildren =
What a fun stay!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Limited Salt Lake City? Share your experiences!