“NOT A BAD PLACE” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Boise, Idaho
“NOT A BAD PLACE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for work. Lots of parking. Right by the freeway though. Few small issues with the room. Overall would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012
RamadaAGM, General Manager at Ramada Limited Salt Lake City, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thanks for taking the time and giving us your review! We think our location is one of the best in the city, no matter which way you're going it's easy to get on the highway and be at your destination in minutes. Downtown is just north about 4 miles, Park City and skiing is just East of us within about 25 min. Our free Wi-fi is great, especially for business travelers. We're glad you chose to stay with us, you're welcome to reach out to me and let me know other suggestions or ideas that will get us from "Not a Bad Place" to "One of my favorite places". Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Hotel is older and has a bad smell to the place. The smell is likely from smoking or from the pool. AC in the room is a not very easy to control since its one of the older models that doesnt have the temperature gauge. Also I was taking a shower and found someone else's hair in the towel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
RamadaAGM, General Manager at Ramada Limited Salt Lake City, responded to this review, March 25, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Its appreciated. Because of similar comments from our guests, we have begun the transition to be 100% non-smoking hotel! We plan on completing this transition by the end of April. We hope that on your next travels to Salt Lake you will stop in to see our improvements.
The new City Creek center downtown has just opened. We are less than 10 minutes from this great new attraction. This unique shopping environment features a retractable glass roof, a creek that runs through the property, a pedestrian skybridge and more. This world-class fashion and dining destination offers over 90 stores and restaurants including Nordstrom, Macy's, Tiffany & Co., Michael Kors, and Coach in a casual, pedestrian-friendly environment.
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

Front desk was wonderfull. Top speed check-In and check-out. But this is an old property and rooms are also very old. There is no closet in the room rahter than hanger stick. Carpets are dirty and rooms are smelling. Heating system old therefore too noisy..

Recepcionist Timothy and also other two lady were very helpfull. But there is no minibar in the room.

Basicly truck drivers use to stay there. I have seen everyday min. 3-4 trucks and their drivers .. In that area I saw a lot of auto galeries and repair shops. So, a bit far away from downtown.

But It was big surprise for me to see such a average Ramada in USA. Because out of the USA Ramada is very good name as first class hotel. In USA no at all. Absolutely average.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
RamadaAGM, General Manager at Ramada Limited Salt Lake City, responded to this review, December 14, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We do absolutely have some great people working with us and strive to provide quick, friendly, and efficient service. The Ramada franchise is tiered with the Ramada as a midscale and the Ramada Plaza full service brands. Internationally they do have a focus on the Plaza with many 5 star properties.
We feel our location is a perfect place for all travelers coming to the city. We're in the middle of it all with such easy access to the highway system it's just 15 minutes from the airport, 30 minutes to skiing, and less than 10 minutes to downtown Salt Lake City. Because of our great location we do have many transportation businesses working with us at the "Crossroads of the West".
We are always looking at ways of improving, some things we are working on at the moment are 32" flat panel TV's and mini-fridge/micro combos in a portion of our rooms. Thank you for staying with us!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011 via mobile

We planned this last minute on Priceline. Called to get a room with two beds for my family and they added $10 a night. Banging all night long with the smell of nasty cigerette smoke filling the halls. Even though all the rooms around mine were non-smoking. Strange folks were staying here as if this was there home for a while. With weird looks at we walked by them numerous times in the hallways. Downstairs rooms beware. The windows have no screens and can be opened with ease from the outside. No break in protection only a small latch that can be pulled back. The carpet in our room was stained and gross. The tv wouldn't work unless a switch that controlled the light was on. If you put your do not disturb sign on the door the maids still will knock and come in. Found that out while in the shower. Also the area of town seems pretty bad. Guess I can't pick what hotel using priceline but I'm disapointed priceline would have this on there list. One good thing, the wifi works well. Had the playstation hooked up for netflix.

• Stayed June 2011
RamadaAGM, General Manager at Ramada Limited Salt Lake City, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. I'm disappointed your stay did not meet expectations. Please give me a call and we can talk further to try and turn this experience into something better. To address your issues: I have forwarded your information to our department heads for them to make the corrective actions neccessary. We have a quarterly carpet cleaning program in place with a professional private service and in fact is due to be on property on Monday. All windows should have screens, our maintenance dept is in the process of replacing any missing or broken screens. Our housekeeping is usually very effective and understands the importance of the "do not disturb". I apologize and will have the staff reminded on our policy. Our goal is to ensure a great stay and have our guests return again and again. For our TripAdvisor readers and guests please contact the front desk or management during your stay and before you go if you ever have a comment, concern, or suggestion and we'll do our utmost to ensure your satisfaction.
St. George, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

Stayed with the lovely people at Ramada Salt Lake City on my last night in town prior to a move to Southern Utah. I was needing to get up early and drive 7 hours, so sleep was a necessity. Thankfully, that wasn't a problem. The room (mini suite with jacuzzi tub) was quiet, comfortable, clean and the bed was one of the softest I've ever slept on with ample supply of pillows. Really took advantage of the jacuzzi tub while I was there as well (who wouldn't?). They have a very nice indoor pool and hot tub, which unfortunately I didn't have a chance to use, as well as a fitness room which I didn't use (had to save my strength for the drive) but it was nice to have them available. The breakfast, however, was pretty good with a nice supply of different fruits, breads, dairy, FRESH COFFEE and a waffle maker. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful from check-in to check-out. The wireless Internet was pretty fast, especially for being up in a tower room, which was great for when I needed to plan my route and check weather/road conditions (being in the middle of winter, it was extremely important). Charlotte was fantastic with making my reservation and ensuring my arrival would be smooth and pleasant. Tyson was awesome at check-in and made me feel very welcome, which was appreciated during a stressful/somewhat depressing time. They seem to have a great team at the Ramada. I've stayed at other Ramada's in the past which were major jokes (such as mattresses that felt like worn out army cots and tub drain covers that fall to pieces when you put them in the drain...thanks Reno) and was very happy to have a great experience at the Ramada in Salt Lake City. Their location is okay. There aren't many food choices around unless you want to drive a mile (which isn't the Ramada's fault), but they are very conveniently located next to the I-80 and I-15 interchange for quick freeway access. And surprisingly being that close to the freeway, the rooms are incredibly quiet, you'd never know! I'm hoping to stay with them again when I go back up to Salt Lake for a visit. They're a #1 in my book!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
RamadaAGM, General Manager at Ramada Limited Salt Lake City, responded to this review, June 5, 2011
Thank you so much for the scintillating review! I couldn't say it better myself. Best Wishes,
Ellis Parks - GM
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

My friend in I were blown away by the service at this place. In 3 days we knew most the people by names as they offer a free shuttle to take you anywhere you would like to go in the area. Not renting a car and staying here was effortless as they picked us up from the airport and shuttled us to and from the park and ride. To access skiing from this location you take the Ramada shuttle 12min to the UTA park and ride at the base of the mountain. From here you can choose a bus to the 4 major mountains (Brighton, Solitude, Alta or SnowBird) which takes about 45 minutes. So from the time we left the hotel we would be on the lift consistantly in 1hr and half. That is only about 30 minutes longer than it would take with a car with none of the hassle and a lot of the same flexibility since you can take the Ramada shuttle to dinner and the airport. The ski package they offer is a great deal and why I chose this location. Beds are great, rooms are well kept, thin walls but just turn on the AC unit fan and you cant hear a thing. Thanks!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Thanks much for your review! Yes, skiing in Utah is top notch. Greatest Snow on Earth they say. Especially this year, Snowbird is staying open until July 4th! We beleive we offer a great value for the package as you mentioned. Looking forward to seeing you again next year!
Best Wishes, Ellis Parks - GM
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

This is a surprisingly very nice roadside hotel. Front desk clerk was very helpful when we arrived at late. The breakfast was more than a Continental; hot waffle tastes great. I feel very homely in this place

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Appreciate your review! We do try to keep our rates competitive while offering some great amenities. As you mentioned the expanded continental breakfast, also a heated indoor pool and spa, small fitness area, RamadaMART, and free wireless access! Not to mention the in-room amenities as well. We appreciate your business.
Best Wishes, Ellis Parks - GM

Been to Ramada Limited Salt Lake City? Share your experiences!