You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6990 South Park Centre Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84107   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #33 of 74 Hotels in Salt Lake City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

A decent place to stay. A few negatives: very tiny rooms, and we had to go buy an air freshener because the room smelled awful. There were cart marks on the bathroom floor all 4 nights we stayed there...so the housekeeping gets a slight negative there. The breakfast provided was awful, nothing nice to say about it. They are supposed to be getting a hot breakfast soon, so that would be nice. Overall,great location, nice and quiet, bring your own pillow unless you like waking up with a sore neck. I'd probably stay there again if the price was right.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BrennaJackson, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. I am sorry you thought your room was small – we do have a 1 bedroom suite that is quite large and has a living room as well as a separate bedroom for only $20.00 more than our studio suite. We strive to provide the best experience for our guests and I am sorry we failed to do so. I will speak with my housekeeping staff about your comments. Yes, we will be getting our full hot breakfast up and running as soon as we get a green light from the health inspector. I really do hope you will come and stay with us again next time you are in the area so we can show you what an amazing hotel we are and provide you with a stay that will exceed your expectations!
Palmdale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great area and Very nice place to stay in SLC. The hotel just got remodeled and it's even better than the last time we stayed there. There are lots of places to eat at which are near by plus shopping stores if you enjoy doing that.

• Stayed September 2013
BrennaJackson, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We are so pleased with our recent renovation and are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will stay with us again next time you are in the area.
Loveland, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Good points: Staff was friendly. Hotel is walking distance from Target, Cafe Rio, Chipotle, Paradise Bakery, and a good sushi restaurant.

Not so good points: My deadbolt lock did not work and they could not fix it until the next day and did not switch my room. Luckily there was still a chain and the automatic lock. Breakfast Bar was under remodeling so the Deluxe Breakfast consisted of granola bars, packaged muffins, apples, and coffee. Parking lot was also being resurfaced so there was not enough parking. Dirty tupperware was left in my microwave by previous guest and there were a couple of stray hairs in the tub upon my arrival. Kitchen has mismatched cabinets which I found odd (some white, some oak color). State of the art gym looks like it hasn't been updated since the 1980's. Internet was complimentary but very slow all week long. AC is very noisy, especially when trying to sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We love hearing from our guests so if there are any problems, we can address them right away. Let me just start by apologizing for the lock. This is completely unacceptable. Safety of our guests is our number one concern. We should have fixed it right then or changed your room. I have spoken with the staff to re-enforce this policy. Unfortunately, our deluxe breakfast has not yet begun. The room is ready, we are just waiting on the health department to get that up and running, so for now, we want to be able to offer our guests something to eat, so we have our Grab ‘n Go breakfast consisting of the muffins, granola bars, juice and coffee. We are also addressing the internet situation and having it worked on currently as we know this is important to our guests.
I do hope that you will try staying with us again so we can make this right. Our goal is to exceed our guest’s expectations and in your situation, we failed to do so. I want to make this right for you. Please feel free to contact me at brjackson@wyndham.com.
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed at this property for 2 weeks. I rate my experience as nothing special. My lack of excitement relates to some basics that any hotel/extended-stay property should have nailed down. For example, room service never arrived one day, and it took 3 calls to the front desk to at least get clean towels. The complimentary "breakfast" is the weakest I've seen anywhere in years, consisting of pre-packaged muffins and coffee (that was often empty). On a Saturday, these offerings were removed by 9 am, even though the posted sign stated that weekend and holiday hours extend to 10 am. Most annoying, however, was the extremely slow speed of the Internet signal. Even basic tasks such as checking email and search queries took time to load. Any streaming of video was completely out of the question. (This was also unfortunate because the TV offerings are very limited and miserly.) I was unable to update my Apple devices or even download a podcast. Not the end of the world, of course, but it speaks to the property's penny-wise pound-foolish priorities.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am sorry that we failed to exceed your expectations. We do offer daily light touch housekeeping with a full service clean on every 5th day. I am concerned to hear that you did not receive any cleaning for 2 weeks. I will definitely address this with my staff as this is unacceptable. Unfortunately, our deluxe breakfast has not yet begun. The room is ready, we are just waiting on the health department to get that up and running, so for now, we want to be able to offer our guests something to eat, so we have our Grab ‘n Go breakfast consisting of the muffins, granola bars, juice and coffee. We are also addressing the internet situation and it is currently being worked on so that we can have faster internet for our guests. I do hope that you will give our hotel another chance and see that all of your concerns have been addressed.

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union? Share your experiences!