“Very Good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Michigan
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Clean, prompt, and comfortable. No loud noises and good location. Also a pretty good breakfast. Stayed here with about twenty kids on our basketball team and they accommodated nicely. Really enjoyed this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Salt Lake City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Very happy with room, easy parking, hot eggs and sausage breakfast - yum. We went to the Desert Star Theater, (very fun) and this hotel was very close. Our room was clean, the beds comfy and breakfast well organized.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Scottsdale, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The staff is so friendly and the beds are perfect! The breakfast is excellent and the pool hours and free internet are so convenient. I would recommend the top floor due to noise but otherwise, you will have a great stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Lovely hotel, best ever stay at a Hampton, excellent staff, tasty and satisfying breakfast, cleanliness outstanding. Only one draw back for us, website specified 'pet friendly' (that's why we chose it) and if I didn't have a printed copy of the webpage, they may have not let us stay because they no longer allow cats. Dogs and service animals ok, but no cats. Noisy from floor above, possibly very heavy footed person..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

St Bonifacius, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed several nights at this Hampton in Murray. Not far from the highway. The work area made doing the work I needed to do easy. Nice TV and Frig. The beds and sheets and everything was Clean.

One minor thing is the grout in the Bathroom tile was missing in some areas. Not a deal killer. There isn't a lot of places to eat real close. Denny's, subway and a Chinese Takeout, otherwise it is a drive.

It was less expensive than other Hamptons in SLC, but was convenient and I had no issues. i would stay there next time in SLC.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

staff very helpful with restaurant and sightseeing recommendation, very prompt responding to minor issues, quiet hotel in convenient location for my business needs; easy to get to sightseeing destinations in SLC, Park City, Provo, etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

albuquerque, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

While I was swimming I had a seizure and my service dog which IS certified, came into the pool and pulled me to the steps. My dog was seen in the pool by a different customer and reported her. The pool was drained and I was aqused of having her in the pool. I was never questioned as to what happened. Then during the next 2 days when my son and I or my mother and my son walked in the halls they were aqused of being the ones that caused the pool to close. This would have NEVER happened if my family had not been pointed out. They didn’t even have MY service dog with them. This became so bad that we checked out a day early. Well Now that I have a letter from the front desk stating why we left early, and now that I know about the 100% guarantee I would like the money that we paid for our stay. I have been the president of Service Animals and the Law, for the past 15 years. We are a company where we train service dogs for Veterans with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. We also right the new standards for many of the police and other companies in New Mexico on how to work with service animals. So I thank you for bringing me to the 100% satisfaction guarantee and we can let this go. If not then we will be talking about rewriting your service animal policies.n Thank you for your time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bill A, Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City / Murray, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Patricia Songer,

Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Murray for your recent stay. I am very sorry for all the issues you had during the stay. Expedia is 3rd party booking source and we don't match there rate. Regarding the service dog in the pool, as we do understand the circumstances and service dog helping you out of the pool but we cannot let other guest use the pool with service dog's hair in the pool, we have to drain the pool and refill but this process do take time, draining thousand of gallons of water and refilling is almost day and half work and we did same.
We are totally understand need of service dog and their service and we do welcome all the service animals to the property but it is our responsibility to make sure to give guest everything in right order. So, we did same with draining pool and let guest use once refill.

Again we are really sorry for all the inconvenience.

Been to Hampton Inn Salt Lake City / Murray? Share your experiences!