“great choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Dallas, Texas
“great choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This Fairfield has been remodeled recently and very comfortable. The rooms are nicely spacious and clean. Great hot breakfast - with scrambled eggs, pork sausage, bacon, breads, pastries, yogurt, fruit, more.Very convenient to Highway 15 and shops/restaurants in nearby Taylorsville. A good value with free WiFi high-speed internet and workout area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This Fairfield was recently remodeled and is quite modern and new. The rooms are spacious and the beds are VERY comfortable. The price was very reasonable and the location is good, right near an entrance to I-15. They were very accommodating and the pack-n-play we requested was in the room waiting for us along with clean sheets and travel sized Johnson's baby shampoo and lotion. The black-out curtains are amazing and really let you sleep in if you are able. The landscaping outside is very nice as well. The only complaint we had is that this is a loud hotel - the elevator beep was very loud even though we were several doors down from it, avoid rooms on the first or second floor - our room was above the swimming pool and there was a lot of noise coming through the floor, we could also hear everything going on above us. Request a room on the third floor and away from the elevator and you should have a great stay for a good price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is the sixth time we've stayed at this Fairfield Inn. We originally chose this location because of its proximity to where we were visiting. We've come back each year because we know what we are going to get -- great service, a clean room, a fair price, and outstanding personnel. For instance, we were going to be there for 3 days, but I mistakenly only put 2 days on the reservation. When we found this out (on the scheduled departure date), I went to the front desk, where I was greeted with, "That's not a problem; let's get you set for one more night and re-do your keys." It is right off I-15; there are restaurants close by, and it's an easy short trip into downtown Salt Lake City. I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Ask for 2 Queen beds instead of 1 King; the 2 Queen bed room is about 3 feet longer!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel was clean, quiet, modern and everything we've come to expect from Marriott. Awesome bed! My only reason to not give it an excellent rating is due to the location. It is central Salt Lake valley and near I-15 however, It's not near any shopping nor restaurants. Walking/running outside is not convenient or advised. Other than that it's a wonderful hotel and we would visit again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Clinton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

What a great reception and service from Winston the young man at the desk. We were traveling across country and he was so positive in his warm business like manner. He was efficient, went out of his way to accommodate us, and gave us information that made our stay one of the most enjoyable of all the places we went while traveling across country.
THANKS for a great stay because of Winston.
The remodeled motel lived up to its advertisement. I was also pleased with the breakfasts. I would stay there again. We also enjoyed the pool.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Santa Clara, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Conveniently located off freeway. Not a very large hotel. Needed handicap parking but when they closed all four off at once for repainting, it was an inconvenience. My husband and I used our rewards points for our room for the two nights we stayed there, but our adult son needed his own separate room and I was shocked at the cost; even after somewhat of a discount the room still cost $150/night, and the room was just an ordinary room. The breakfasts were okay.
But here's the real kicker for me. Upon arriving in our room the first afternoon, the toilet was plugged so I called the front desk for housekeeping. They informed me that maintenance was already gone. That's it.....that's all the help they were... and then I asked what was I supposed to do? When I didn't get a response, I said to just bring a plunger and I would do it myself. A few minutes later housekeeping knocked on the door and when I opened it, I had a plunger thrust in my face. At least it was stuffed in a plastic bag!!!! Anyway, I took the plunger and proceeded to unplug the toilet myself, all the while thinking I could hardly believe this service. Just a side note here too -- that plunger was a very well used, very cheap plunger so that every time I pushed down on it in the toilet, the rubber part would flip inside out and I would have to fix that before plunging again. I WAS NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!!
Upon checking out and they asked how we enjoyed our stay, I proceeded to tell them how unhappy we were about the toilet situation and what happened. The manager apologized profusely and said that was not their standard procedure. For our trouble she did offer a complimentary bottle of water to take with us as we left.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rantoul, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed just over 2 months, and could not have asked for a better experience. The staff is first rate and in particular Brittney, the Front Desk associate, treats everyone like she knows them personally. The hotel has a good location, with most businesses and restaurants a short drive away. I am coming back in May, and I will definitely be staying here!

Room Tip: Try getting a room on the first floor toward the ends of the hallway. It's a bit quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn Salt Lake City South? Share your experiences!