Upon arrival, I was surprised to find that this "lodge" is really in the middle of a commercial area just off the highway. However, once inside, it does back onto a golf course, so the views are nice from that side of the hotel and you don't feel that you are right in town. The rooms facing the road (at least on the upper levels) do have a view of the water over the highway and business corridor. The lobby is lovely.
The rooms are nicely decorated in keeping with the lodge theme and have a refrigerator and microwave, along with standard complimentary toiletries. The bed was comfortable and the rooms are clean and well-maintained. Staff is very friendly. Corridors are very long, so you can find yourself a long way from the elevator. Had no problems with noise.
They offer soup and cookies in the evening, which is a nice touch. The thing I find very odd is that breakfast is not included, which is really pretty standard for this price point. There is a restaurant that serves breakfast only (order off the menu, not buffet), but the cost is extra. The layout of the restaurant makes it clear it is set up for the standard self-service breakfast, so I don't know why it isn't offered. They don't even have coffee service available, unless of course you buy it in the restaurant for $3.25 a cup. You can make coffee in your room, but I'm never happy with the in-room coffee makers. Traveling on business, the ability to quickly grab something and be on my way is important, so I found the lack of an included breakfast to be disappointing.
- Also Known As:
- Olympic Hotel
- Olympic Hotel Port Angeles
- Best Western Port Angeles
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come visit Port Angeles’ Premier Hotel, the Olympic Lodge! Located on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State, the Olympic Lodge offers the finest accommodations in a location that’s difficult to beat. Backed by the Olympic Mountains with the Strait of Juan de Fuca in the foreground, a variety of adventures are all close at hand. ▪ Choose from our 105 spacious rooms ▪ We have meeting space for any occasion: business meetings, retreats, receptions, family gatherings ▪ Relax by our heated pool and hot tub, open year round ▪ Play golf at the course adjacent to the hotel ▪ Join us for a scrumptious breakfast ▪ Enjoy the personalized service and hospitality offered by our experienced staff! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Olympic Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.