“Beautifully Landscaped Wonderland” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Port Angeles
Belton, Texas, United States
“Beautifully Landscaped Wonderland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel was very clean and beautiful inside and out. The rooms were very airy and the beds were very comfortable. Although the hotel did not have a restaurant for dinner the staff did recommend two excellent restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: Restaurants were close by and the hotel made excellent recommendations.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel! I'm so glad that our Front Desk staff was able to help you find a great restaurant for dinner. Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

First of all, the lobby is a wow -- a great place to prepare for or wind down from a trip to the Olympic National Park. The sitting area is big but cozy, with overstuffed leather chairs, big stone fireplace, and large photos of the park. Very inviting.

I wish I'd spent more time at the Olympic Lodge. I arrived late, after driving all day from Tofino and taking the ferry from Victoria. And I was off very early for Hurricane Ridge.

The room might've actually been bigger than I needed for a 10-hour or so stay. If I were ferrying to ONP from there for a few days, it would have felt homier. One "however" is the location, and the hotel's response to it. It's not close to many amenities. Breakfast is served in the Bistro, but that's the only food available. The usual assortment of soda and bottled water is available in vending machines. A small shop or even limited room service would have been welcomed.

Breakfast was good. The Bistro is up and running early, and the staff is chipper and the food pretty good and filling.

I definitely will

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review! I'm sorry you didn't have more time to enjoy the atmosphere in the lobby--I love seeing guests come down to read in front of the fire place or watch for deer crossing the golf course in the early morning. Thank you again, and we hope to see you back here soon!
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

When initially planning my trip to Port Angeles I was a little surprised by the lack of big-name hotels in the area. Infact accommodation in general is thin on the ground here, so I was pleased to stumble across the Olympic Lodge, which was able to offer me a room that would accommodate the family.

We actually had the suite which wasn't that much of a premium over the standard room. We had a sofa bed in the lounge and a king bed in the main bedroom. They also provided extra bedding so we could make room for all three of the kids and despite being a little sceptical at the outset this worked really well.

Staff were friendly and helpful at every interaction and the room was in immaculate condition.

Breakfast is good and although not cheap, I'd say it offered good value when compared to other places we ate at in the area.

The pool was a pleasant temperature, well maintained and had a nice view of the golf course.

The absence of onsite laundry facilities was a bit of a pain, but we were directed to a "wash & fold" place on the other side of town that did laundry for us at just a shade over $1 per lb as I recall. So for $25, the 5 of us got 5 days of laundry sorted.

Another minor issue (from my European perspective anyway) is that you really have to drive everywhere. There was a diner over the road that no one seemed to rate and a KFC a little further away, but the nearest decent restaurants were about 1 mile away.

Finally the hotel has a wonderful lobby with a large stone fireplace. I'm sure this would make an ideal setting for a bar selling local beers & wines, but other than breakfast there's no F&B offering in the property at all.

I would however highly recommend you stay at the Olympic Lodge if you're ever in town.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel overlook the golf course
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I love feedback that shows what we're doing right, but I'm glad you also showed us a few areas in which we can improve. I'll pass on the request for a guest laundry facility, but as for food & beverage options -- we've tried several evening offerings in the past, but we haven't quite found the right option that makes sense for our guests while still being sustainable from a business standpoint. Again, thank you very much for the feedback and I hope the rest of your vacation was as enjoyable as your stay with us!
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I was upset that I couldn't book a hotel room at crescent lake lodge, they are all full booked months ago. I checked Olympic lodge and saw big room with two queen bed and also a pool & spa.i am very happy with everything here. It's lobby is huge and cozy, the pool is heated and the spa is perfect from the day trip.

The location has many restaurants and close to visitor center, also close to hurrican ridge drive and crescent lake.

I am glad I made the right choice to stay in Olympic lodge, will certainly come back again next summer.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel here on TripAdvisor! Our number one goal is to exceed the expectations of our guests, and I'm so glad we accomplished that for you! We look forward to seeing you again next year!
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had a nice stay. We paid full price and checked in plenty early in the evening but still only managed to get a parking lot view. Not sure how to get a mountain view but the room itself was nice. Just came from an expensive downtown Seattle Hotel but definitely had a better night's sleep here at the Olympic Lodge. Prices were a little steep for CLM if you had breakfast there. Breakfast was very good but the breakfast room was sure set up for a breakfast buffet and it would have been a better overall experience.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the mountain side
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your review! We actually sell our mountain view rooms at different rates than the non-view options, so the only way to get the view is to reserve a room that specifies that view--and the best way to do that is always to call our Front Desk directly. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thanks again for posting here on TripAdvisor!
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Our stay was much too brief, but we were impressed with the size of the room; it was exceptionally clean and the bedding was crisp and nice quality. The beds were very comfortable and despite being on the first floor which has a stone surface, our room was very quiet. The breakfast we had in the lodge was terrific. We moved on to Hurricane Ridge and to the coast later that day so this was a perfect waypoint between Seattle and places further west.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Olympic Lodge! I'm so glad you enjoyed your room, as well as our restaurant for breakfast. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation!
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Good experience when entering the hotel. Mathew, at reception, could not be more welcoming. How such a young man could be so intuitive is a wonder.

Rooms are fine. Ours faced the back towards the golf course.
The bed is comfortable and the room has all the usual amenities.

The hotel lights a wood burning fireplace, in the lobby, with surrounding leather chairs and sofas.

I think they must be the number one in town. On a Wed. night they are full and most of the others have vacancy signs that were quite visible as we returned from dinner

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you very much for posting your review. Thanks to guests like you, we are indeed the #1 ranked hotel in Port Angeles here on TripAdvisor, and have held that spot for seven consecutive years! Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our guests, and I'm so glad that Matthew and the rest of our staff were able to do that. Thank you, and we hope you can visit us again soon!

Been to Olympic Lodge? Share your experiences!