“Perfect Haven for a tired traveler” 5 of 5 stars

Olympic Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   140 Del Guzzi Drive, Port Angeles, WA 98362   |
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Port Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Perfect Haven for a tired traveler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We arrived at the end of a cold wet day. In the Lobby real logs were ablaze in the fire place, a young well dressed man at the Desk appeared pleased to see us and yes our room was ready and would we like a hand with our bags and by the way a hot soup was available in the dining room at no charge. Our room was excellent, well appointed, cheerfull and warm. Once we settled in we went to the dining room had a bowl of the delicious hot soup, then we sat in front of the fireplace in the lobby did some emails and were off to bed. What a lovely, lovely hotel with a staff to match.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Our number one focus is customer service--creating a memorable experience by anticipating all of our guests' needs. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Bothell, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have already written a review on this hotel. I recently stayed there again for November and December for the holidays. It's where we will stay when coming to town when there is no room at my family's house.

I can't rave enough on how comfortable it is. The bed, sheets, air conditioning, big bathroom. One thing I noticed is that it is fairly quiet on the street side, really not much cars to hear. But, on the golf course side, it's VERY quiet!! I will request that side each time.

Room Tip: Golf course side is super quiet, and a pretty view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your review of our hotel! I can't wait for the next time you stay with us, when you'll find new flat-screen TVs with HD channels in your room, as well as brand new appliances and an iPod docking clock/radio. We're very excited, and I'm sure you will be too!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I spent one night at the Olympic Lodge the first part of December 2012. This was not only our first stay at the lodge, but also our first visit to the state of Washington. We loved it all! The Pacific Northwest is beautiful, and staying at the Olympic Lodge only enhanced our experience.

First impressions:
Easy to find.
Close to "town", shopping and restaurants, without being on the main road.
Pretty waterfall in the front of the hotel.
Lots of free parking.
Check in was easy and fast, and very friendly. We heard another front desk clerk giving a group directions and recommendations to local restaurants, so if you are in need of local advice, they appear willing to help out.

Room:
Very large, with a king bed, sofa, table, tv, fridge, microwave, two sinks, and what was supposed to be a golf course/mountain view. I say supposed to because all we could see was the golf course. The clouds unfortunately blocked the mountain completely, so we never did see it, but I'm sure on a clear day it's a lovely view!
The bed was comfortable. The room was clean. (I have read that they are remodeling and upgrading the rooms a bit, so they will be even better now.) Shower worked well, water was nice and hot. It might have been a slow time, although there were plenty of cars in the parking lot, but I never heard another guest. Not in the rooms above or next to us.
I love having a microwave (we made hot cocoa in the morning), and fridge (kept our water/soda bottles cold).

Pool:
They have a heated pool, but we never made it out there to test it out, so I cannot comment on that. It's nice that it's kept heated and open year round.

Extras:
Upon check in, we were informed that complimentary soup and cookies were available in the breakfast room. It was raining when we arrived, and we were happy to go grab a bowl of hot soup to warm up with, and take a cookie for dessert later.

Breakfast:
They do offer breakfast, but it is not complimentary. It's served just as in a restaurant, and is cooked to order. We had to leave early the next morning, so we didn't take time for that, but the menu is on their website and the prices seemed reasonable to me.

Grounds:
Very well kept hotel. The most memorable thing for me was the lobby. It is simply gorgeous! It was decorated for Christmas, and they really did a great job. The huge fireplace, cozy chairs and couch are all very inviting.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again, and would recommend it anyone staying in the Port Angeles area. It would make a nice "base camp" for sightseeing day trips.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel! Reviews like this are what has kept us at the #1 spot in Port Angeles for over six years. And I hope we'll see you again after we debut our new flat-screen TVs, new furniture and appliances, and new bedding! It'll be like visiting a brand new hotel!
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The complimentary soup was a plus as was the outdoor heated pool and hot tub in the middle of winter.
Perhaps to make the overall experience better, a light buffet breakfast could be provided. The a la carte breakfast menu was a bit expensive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel! We love hearing that people enjoy our pool and hot tub during these cold winter months, and I'm glad you were able to try our complimentary evening snack. Thank you again!
Bremerton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was charged $500 for a window screen that was pushed out. I was never notified by management. They said that they didn't have my telephone number. I know they had my address.Terrible communication. I found out 6 weeks after the fact. When I called the hotel to talk with the front desk and was forwarded to the managers voice mail.

Would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Our policy is not to discuss damage charges with guests, as we've never found it to be a profitable discussion for either party. In this situation, let me explain why you were charged: the window frame in one of your rooms had been damaged where the screen framing was kicked out of the safety screws mounting it to the window frame. The screens and their frames in two of the rooms rented to you were destroyed--the damage charge covered their replacement and the repair to the window frame. I apologize for losing your phone number in our new office voicemail system, and I would be willing to share the pictures I took of the damage with you.
Fairfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Told us that breakfast is free upon check-in (under corporate deal) and end up charging it. They were unable to clarify that why the front office attendant told us that its free. No explanation, whatsoever.
Did not change the sheets and pillow covers for 5 days. Worse customer service. We were planning to stay another week in a coming month but not there is no way. They lost our business for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
I'm very sorry there was evidently a misunderstanding about our restaurant. We have not offered a complimentary breakfast option to any of our guests in several years. Our menu is clearly priced, our servers deliver a check to each table, and all of our staff know that there are no complimentary breakfast deals available. Additionally, our housekeeping staff changes sheets and pillow cases in stayover rooms every 3 days--if they somehow missed your room, I apologize and I wish we had heard about it before you checked out so we could correct that mistake. Being the premier hotel in the peninsula, we strive to meet and exceed our guests' expectations, and I'm very sorry that didn't happen in this case.
lihue
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Me and my family flew all the way from Hawaii to Washington state to visit the "Olympic National Park". My experience with Olympic Lodge was wonderful. The front desk was "Emily", she was cute, helpful and friendly. It was a nice experience even though the hurricane ridge was closed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We love it when our Front Desk Agents do such a good job that their names get mentioned in a review. Thank you again, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

Been to Olympic Lodge? Share your experiences!