“TheGood and Bad of Days Inn” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Port Angeles

You added Days Inn Port Angeles to your Saves list
Days Inn Port Angeles
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1510 East Front Street, Port Angeles, WA 98362 (Formerly Portside Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Port Angeles
Seattle, Washington
“TheGood and Bad of Days Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The good and the bad. Booked a 2 queen bed room and was told when checking there were none, Bad. Rooms were booked with a Costco discount about $59.00 per night, Good. Hair in Shower/Bathtub when we got to room, Bad. Sink and tub needed a good scrubbing with Comet Cleanser or just a good scrubbing with something, Bad. Check out staff very friendly, Good. House Keeping very friendly but door getting knocked on at 9:45 am, Not Good. When check out at 11:00 am. Our Bed had Clean sheets and the room over all was not in bad or good shape.

Room Tip: Good Location, restaurant with in walking.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

To start I had called and notified them I had a baby and that I walk with a cane. When I checked in I was shocked to see not much had changed in the previous 13yrs since we stayed there the night of our wedding. Back then it was nice, its still the same but dirtier and less friendly.
First the check in area looks like a flea market, horrible lighting and generally not kept up, to the side is vending and a closet they call a breakfast bar.
Upon check-in they gave me a 3rd floor room, as I was about to leave they said,"O yea, the elevator is broken." Seeing they knew my situation I was miffed. So instead they put me & our baby on the first floor next to the front desk. So all night cars were parking outside our door , stereos, headlights into room, people walking & talking from 1-4am, never anyone being bad but loud people checking in all night. I'm shocked I haven't seen a review about a screaming baby every 20 minutes.
Next was the heated pool. Seems every year the date it opens gets later & later. The shower was dirty with short curlies from the previous guest. The floor was not vacuumed or done poorly.
I went to sign in to the free wifi and of course it didn't work. When I called the front desk I got the rudest night auditor in the world. I know the night audit is the right field of the industry but this was over the top. First she said "I" should call their internet provider. Mind you their actual wifi network wasn't on so getting to the internet wasn't the problem it was in house. When I explained that all she needed to do was unplug the router and plug it back in she said she had no access to the room with it & "I wouldn't want to do it anyways. I don't want those keys, I don't care about wifi or whatever." Again shocking that someone on the service industry would say that.
Next issue was the free breakfast, I could have done better at a dumpster. Their wasn't enough food or plates for a busy easter weekend and the other food stuff was gone in an hour of opening.
The room decor was old with nasty decades old rugs and bedspreads. I don't know how they aren't a 1 star.
If you want a good stay in Port Angeles in a clean hotel with excellent service, clean updated rooms & great internet spend you can spend less money at the Super 8.

Room Tip: best room choice is somewhere else. Make sure you're not next to the front desk in the parking...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I went to have a shower shortly after arriving. When I pulled back the shower curtain, there on the back wall of the tub surround was a mass of long dark hair plastered over an area of approximately 18 " X 18". There must have been 30 hairs. Don't know how housekeeping missed that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Elma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

After we arrived from a very long road trip with two small children we were not welcomed in by the frazzled front desk staff. We finally got our room keys and were told not to worry about the noisy road being right next to our room "it would settle down later tonight". This was not the case and I was up half the night with a three year old begging to go home because it was too loud. While trying to bathe my children I found several. hairs in the sink and tub area. The continental breakfast was lacking to say the least and we just wanted to get out of this place. Also, the pool was not useable during our stay and the TV was fuzzy.

Anacortes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

It was a great, clean stay. Felt safe. Staff was very helpful in local "to do" activities. Will stay again, love the area!!

Victoria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This motel is suffering from the downturn in the economy. Machines and dispensers out of order in the breakfast room. Reminder envelopes placed, to leave Tips, in the roooms obviously cleaning staff not paid a satisfactory wage. No pens and notepads in rooms. Higher than average room rates.No coffee cream in breakfast room only chemical creamer. But I like the location and will continue to stay here. Not quite up the standard of Day's Inns that I have stayed in other towns.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Port Angeles? Share your experiences!