“Great meal! Pleased to find a privately owned restaurant still in existence 30+ years later!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of C'est Si Bon

Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Our first visit to C'est si Bon was over 30 years ago. We had a wonderful meal then --- and again in late February 2014. Some reviewers have mentioned few patrons, possibly too many visits to the table by the owners, etc. I can understand their perspective, but we LOVED it. It was a treat to ask and then hear of their history in the business (and asking how in the world they ended up in Port Angeles, Washington after having on of them having been a caterer to movie stars in Hollywood in the years prior???). We found their interest in how we were enjoying our meal to be genuine, seemingly willing to make everything just right. My husband said his order of lamb was the best he's ever had (and he orders it often when we are out, as well as being quite a gourmet cook, himself, having prepared some excellent lamb dishes at home).
Since we'd last been there, an upstairs with a few tables had been added. The decor in the restaurant is quite "busy," but not anything we wouldn't have expected. While eating, we spent quite some time analyzing one of the large oil paintings on the wall --- disagreeing as we speculated about the perspective of the source of light in the picture. It seemed to be casting shadows in directions that seemed incongruent with the angle of the source. We are easily entertained! When we left, we wandered back to the lounge, visited again with the owners and their friends, and viewed the celebrity signed photos. Expensive, but not outrageous. A great night!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Moraga, California
“Like we were the only ones there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Out the way and out of this world. Shortly after being seated the owner introduced herself and asked if we had any food allergies. My wife told her she could not have milk products. We ordered the Filet Mignon and a wonderful chicken dish. The owners husband greeted us and gave us a background of the restaurant. The meals were spectacular! The wine pairing was perfect.
We would drive a 100 miles out of our way to return.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Can there be too much service?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

The place is a departure from the typical in & around Sequim/PA. I was on a first date so we were engaged in conversation getting to know each other. Our food was good, it would have been a romantic spot, had it not been for the over-service. Perhaps the French couple/owners were lonely; we were the only diners there. The husband was constantly at our table interrupting our flow. About 2/3 of the way into dinner, his wife/chef came to ask how we were enjoying the food. She stayed...and stayed...well, you get the idea. I may return again, but if I want a romantic atmosphere, I'll reserve the balcony table for two. No room there to crowd around our table!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Belfair, Washington, United States
“Itr's good but not THAT good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Ok, perhaps I'm just a tough critic but I just don't get the high praise. Because this is a specialty restaurant and because the prices are certainly toward the top 25%, I expect the dining experience to be more than just the food. The place was decked out for the Christmas season so perhaps that is the reason why there was little to suggest that's it's suppose to be a French restaurant. I found the music (mostly opera) to be a bit intrusive for a quiet dinner. We also had a family of four seated right next to us when there were many other options. Not a big issue but they were a bit loud. Certainly not the fault of the restaurant but was unsure why they were seated so close except for the lack of attention to detail. I found our server to be adequate only. I left her a tip but cringed in doing so. I had quail accompanied with a stuffing which was good. My meal was well prepared and good but nothing outstanding. My wife had filet mignon which was not prepared as ordered. Half was cooked pretty close to rare and the other half was closer to medium well as ordered. We also had escargot. Although tasty, I thought a bit chewy. Overall, probably not a place I will patronize again. I just didn't feel the value was there for the overall dining experience. As a general note...they were a bit slow in my estimation. This may be fine with many people and perhaps in some situations works just fine. If you don't mind slow this obviously won't be an issue for you.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Edmonds, Washington
“Wonderful food - Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

A Christmas Eve meal filled with memorable highlights. We were seated within minutes at a cozy window table. The room was festively decorated for the season and The staff was friendly and helpful as we made our meal choices. The wine list was extensive, featuring choices from France as well as the Northwest and California. The food was expertly prepared and attractively presented. A special treat was visits from the owners who stopped at each table for a few moments conversation. We will certainly return during future visits.