“Delicious food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The restaurant was very crowded and reservations are needed, so you know this is a very popular place. The food was delicious. I had King Salmon and it was done to perfection. Others in our group did not have seafood and they liked their meals as well.
If I was in Port Angeles I would definitely eat here again. Be sure to make reservations though before you go.

san diego
“Wonderful experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and I recently dined here on our last night in the U.S. before departing for two months in Canada. The concierge at our hotel recommended Michaels and one other place. We were very happy we chose Michaels, an intimate restaurant located downstairs in a funky basement setting. My wife decided on Salmon--I faced a dilemma. Black Cod was listed as a special, but as a salad. When I asked the very nice waitress if they could perhaps prepare the Black Cod another way, she said she thought so.... then moments later returned with the Chef, Caleb, who made some inquiries and discussed alternatives. We decided on a risotto based meal featuring the Black Cod. It was glorious. After some reviews complaining about service and food here we were a bit skeptical. But the restaurant was full, with what appeared to be locals, which says a lot. We join in highly recommending dining here. The atmosphere, the service and the food were memorable. Thanks, again, Caleb and crew.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
California
“Good food but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We ate here on a recent vacation after we couldn't get into Bella Italia across the street without a reservation. We were told there was a 30 minute wait but were seated in 15.

This is another Twilight mecca since it is the actual restaurant ambiance described in the book for Edward and Bella's first date.

The food is pricey but was very good. My husband enjoyed his seafood and my daughter and I had excellent soup and salad dinners.

Colville, Washington
“Evening of Disasters”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The server recommended their "special" combinations which were two appetizers, an entree to be shared and two desserts. We found a pasta combination that sounded attractive. My companion ordered the crab chowder, which she said was very good. I opted for a crab broth which was the soup of the day. I have an allergy to dairy products which prevented me from also ordering the crab. That broth was inedible. It had a 1/4 inch of oil floating on the top. Couldn't get to the actual broth without spooning out a layer of distasteful oil. The server offered me a Greek salad instead. It, too, was overdressed and dripping with oil. The entree would have been good except for yet another heavy handed application of oil. Not a great dinner. The iced desserts were, well, ice cream. Everything on the menu was over-priced.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, TX
“Fine Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife & I dined at Michaels on a Sunday night. Seating is below ground level in cozy, private booths with lovely indirect lighting over tables from hansome glass fixture. We split a delicious Dungeness crab dinner salad and King Salmon entree. Quality and service was excellent