“good for lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: cuisine.name.191
McAllen, Texas
“good for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We ate lunch here. They had brisquet and other smoked meats and it was very good. Everyone there was very friendly. I would highly recommend it. Very small seating area so you may have to make a picnic out of it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Best lunch in town :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

After a lunch a few months ago I am now addicted! I am not too much of a big fan of meat but the chicken tacos are to die for. The food is excellent every single time I have been in there. The staff is very courteous and they always have smiles. The music is awesome and not distracting at all. I would definitely recommend (as I have been) and continue to do :) This place rocks A+++

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Port Angeles, Washington, United States
“Great music, better food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Such a cool atmosphere in this quaint place and the owner rocks metal while you munch on your gigantic delicious burrito!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Bone in my burrito...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend eats here all the time and recently he asked me if I would like to try it, I said yeah sure what do they have and he suggested the chicken burrito. So I told him to get it for me to go. Once he got it home I started eating it and bit into a 3 inch long chicken bone. I was discusted and threw it away. Not okay with me! I don't see how the cook did not see a 3 inch long chicken bone! I don't think I will ever eat here again. I also work at a very popular hotel and I don't think I will be recommending this place either.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
jruh31, Owner at Little devil's lunchbox, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Sorry about your experience, we use whole chickens and hand shred them for burritos tacos and sandwiches, we average about 80 to 90 lunches a day and try to make sure everything is to the customers liking. Once again sorry about your burrito, I am looking into not using whole chickens so this won't happen again.
Thank you for your review.
Jon
Owner and chef
Anchorage, Alaska
“Great food, loud headbanger music!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This place has the best smoked brisket I've ever had. A nice, varied menu with good portions. Dishes are reasonably priced. HOWEVER....I will not eat in the restaurant again. The loud head banger music is just too distracting to allow you to talk and enjoy your lunch. When I mentioned it to the server I was told that "it's great music"!! I was also told that others had complained about it. So....MY "take-away" is that the establishment either doesn't care about it's clientele, or it's not interested in serving my demographic. I may do take out......but until the music is palatable I won't eat in!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
jruh31, Owner at Little devil's lunchbox, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your review.
What your server should've said is we would gladly change it to something more suitable to your liking, we have no problem changing the music upon request, but I can say the compliments on the music played far out weighs the complaints. We serve all ages from toddlers to people well into there 80's and most of them are repeat customers. We try our hardest to make our patrons happy and after the first 7 months we are very humbled by the crowds we get.

Once again thank you for your review, it is very much appreciated.

Sincerely, Jon Unruh Owner, Chef and musician