“Cheep and clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Port Angeles Downtown Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Angeles
Port Angeles Downtown Hotel
You added Port Angeles Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
101 1/2 Front Street, Port Angeles, WA 98362   |
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Port Angeles
Orlando, Florida
“Cheep and clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Nice place, extremely affordable and very clean. If I was staying for more than one night I would have gotten the room with the en suite bathrooms. The shared bathrooms are clean and the showers are nice high pressure shower heads. The staff was helpful. This hotel is right next to the ferry to BC. Great idea ;-)

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Hi:

This hotel has both rooms with beds and bathroom, and european style rooms, with bed and sink in the room and shared bathroom in the hall.

The lobby is a flight of stairs above street level. When I arrived there was a note on the counter saying if no one was there to call the given phone number. The phone was right on the counter so it was easy. A pleasant lad in his 20's said he'd be right with me and he was.
He offered a room for $85 and the european style for $45. The european style was a no-brainer.

My room was certainly spacious, had a queen bed, a sink and a window that faced the slanted roof of the attached neighboring building. The window facing that way meant I could have the blinds wide open, full light, and complete privacy. The bed looked as though it would squish into a bowl shape but was suitably firm. A little more dresser space would have helped me keep the room tidy.

There are 4 clean bathrooms in the hall, each with a toilet, sink, and shower. There was also a little room with not only free wi fi but also a computer, and books to borrow.

My only suggestion to management would be some oil on the hinges of Room 15 and on the bathroom doors. The rooms are not too well soundproofed and I felt apologetic when I squeaked out at 5 AM to the bathroom.

Everything was clean, the atmosphere was casual, and the front door was locked at night for safety.

Any time I am in Port Angeles overnight I will stay there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed in the $65 room with en suite bathroom. The on-site manager was very friendly. We probably would have been just fine to stay in the $45 room with the euro style bathroom situation, especially since I don't think I ever saw another guest in the hall. The place was quiet, it wasn't a busy night. So not having to venture into the hall scantily clad in the middle of the night cost $20, which may or may not have been worth it. This seems like it would be a great place for a hot shower before or after a backpacking trip. Compared to a thermarest you'd be loving it. Baseboard heater warmed the room right up.

Pros: friendly staff, clean overall, quaint, great location, price

Cons: the sheets are thin and a little scratchy, the furnishings are older. For the dressers and stuff that is fine, it adds character. However, they could stand to eventually update the beds and/or bedding. That said, for the price it's about what I'd expect. The grandma-style bedspread could use a wash -- my fiance shook it a bit when we were looking for something and it was really dusty.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bainbridge Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Downtown Hotel in Port Angeles is actually very nice and convenient. Very reasonably priced too. Though there were no vacancies the night we stayed there was never a wait for a restroom. It is clean and adequately furnished. Free WiFi is a plus. It's also close to many interesting restaurants and the water front. There are a lot of stairs. For breakfast there's a wonderful doughnut shop next door, or a full restaurant on the corner. The pillows could use some help.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night after reading the reviews online 45$ a night! We were STOKED for the value. It's exactly as people said. It's super clean (showers are probably cleaner than my own at home !). They are warm clean rooms, the sheets smelt like bleach(great sign!) My only "complaint" was we were in number 12, and right beside a bathroom. The walls are thin, so when someone came in late at night we heard them pee. And at 5:30-6am someone took a shower and slamming doors .. And I burst out laughing because I could hear them peeing. Lol. But it was fine because my husband and I were needing to get up early to go geocaching.

It was super chill. No one at the front desk we had to all the phone at the front desk to get our keys from a super cool dude. When you leave you just drop keys off. No fuss no muss.

We will stay again for sure. Perfect location for what we wanted to do. Eat, sleep, geocache!

• Stayed December 2012
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed one night at this property. I chose this property because it was so close to the Coho Ferry to Victoria, British Columbia. You just walk two blocks and you are at the Ferry Terminal.

I had a $45 off season rate for a shared bathroom. Like some of the other reviewers stated, there are no problems sharing a bathroom since the Hotel was not full.

The room was clean. The only thing I found distracting was the outside noise. Apparently, there is some work being done on Railroad Avenue which will beautify the area. Unfortunately, it was very noisy!

Room Tip: My room faced the Chase Bank (North Laurel Street). Maybe ask for a room facing another direction a...