“Loved it!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 17 hotels in Port Angeles
Aggieland, TX
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2006

We chose this motell for its proximity to the ferries over to Victoria, B.C. as well as its relative closeness to the road up to Hurricane Ridge. It certainly fulfilled our needs.

It's a fabulous old-school type motel with a few modern updates. Each room has a specific theme. We were in the Puppy Love love which was adorably decorated with puppy pictures, statues and pillows. It reminded me of a comfortable guest room at my grandmother's house :)

The staff was very cordial and accomodating. They seemed to have a genuine interest in making everyone's stay pleasant. The deluxe breakfast was fantastic. From a make-your-own waffle maker, to fresh fruits and cereals to biscuits and sausage gravy, they had it all covered.

Best of all, the hotel is located at the top of a staircase that leads directly down to the main downtown core, about 2 blocks from the ferry docks. It couldn't be more situated. And pretty much Every room has a view of the straight.

The only downside to the place was its lack of air conditioning in the rooms. We, unfortunately, were there for the big June "heatwave" and the rooms were quite warm. Normally it's not that warm, so a.c. really isn't a necessity. The lack of it certainly didn't bother us. The hotel provided a large rotating fan for each guest room.

I would highly recommend this hotel to others visiting the Olympic Peninsula in the future.

• Stayed June 2006
QIPA, General Manager at Quality Inn Uptown, responded to this review, December 23, 2010
It is a real treat to read your review of our hotel. I am pleased to know you had a great experience ! I appreciate your opinion of our "themed" rooms. "A touch of home" It is a joy to hear the staff took care of you while you were visiting. We welcome your future visits!

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2006

Although the people were nice, this Motel not Hotel was pretty bad. The rooms are nothing like what was described. First off, No Air Conditioning!!!!!!!!!!! The "Queen" beds were barely the size of a double bed and the place is just plain run down. It reminded me of a cheap motel in a horror movie. They have theme rooms, if you can call them that. What they really are is rooms with a few plants and pictures hung on the wall and a bedspread in the same "theme" As the room. If you want to use the pool or spa you have to walk across a pretty dark alley to get to it. Also the walls are so thin that you can hear the people next to you even if they are trying to be quiet. We couldn't sleep due to someone's snores all night in the room next to ours. We were also awaked early in the morning by the sounds of other guests outside. This all was with the windows shut. If you don't like being electrically shocked, don't use the lamps!!! The beds are old and very uncomfortable. We were even too scared to stay for breakfast the next morning so we can't tell you what the complimentery deluxe breakfast was like. We were supposed to stay for a second night but we checked out early and headed for a nicer place... which might I add is cheaper and much, much, much nicer (The Best Western Olympic Lodge) Highly reccommend staying there instead. (see our review under that hotel listing)

• Stayed June 2006
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on tripadvisor.
It concerns me you experienced so many issues during your stay with us. Our goal is to make each guest stay a satisfying one. I want you to know I have taken your comments seriously.
It is unfortunate we were not able to provide a pleasant experience for you at our hotel. Please accept my apology.
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2005

Absolutely no complaints. This trip, my wife and I stayed two nights and we brought my retired parents out from Florida, along with my small children (ages 1 and 4). We used this hotel as our base camp for day trips to Hurricane Ridge and the Hoh Rain Forest. Everyone really enjoyed the hotel and the employees were all very friendly and accomodating. I will stay at this hotel again on my next trip to the area. The rooms were super clean and breakfast was awesome !! Thank you to all of the wonderful staff at the Quality Inn Uptown for making our trip so pleasant.

• Stayed September 2005
Thank you for staying with us again! I'm happy we were given the opportunity to be your base camp while visiting our area. Our staff was warmed by your compliments. Each staff member takes pride in taking the best care of our guests.We welcome your future visits!
Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2005

We stayed two nights as a base to visit Victoria and Hurrricane Ridge. Room was OK with queen beds, fridge and microwave, but it was the brightest room I've ever stayed in. Even in the middle of the night it was bright due to spotlights outside the window. The sun shone in very early making it difficult to sleep. We hung the bed spreads over the window curtains the second night, which helped a little, but still bright. There is no A/C, and if you open the windows the neighbors can all see in. All rooms are up stairs with no elevator. Breakfast was very good and included waffles. Within walking distance to downtown and Victoria Ferries.

• Stayed July 2005
Thank you for your review!
I am concerned your visit with us was not a pleasant experience. It is unfortunate you experienced issues with lights\drapes in your guest room. These issues have been addressed and I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I apologize for the discomfort this caused you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2004

My husband and I stayed at the Quality Inn in Port Angeles for an entire week. We own property close by and we were working on the paperwork to get the utilities installed.

We stayed in a room with a water view, the rooms were quite clean and the staff bakes cookies in the evening.

A continental breakfast and a spa topped it off. I felt I was in a four star hotel.

Your review of our hotel is amazing! Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. It is wonderful to read your kind words of praise. We welcome your future visits to Port Angeles and the Quality Inn Uptown!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2003

We loved this hotel, especially considering the (admittedly off-season) rate. The large, clean room had a clear view of the straight - though we were on the second of two floors in the main (closer to the bluff) building. Nice appointments included thick, comfortable mattresses, perfect pillows, fridge, microwave and chairs to sit outside. Each room has its own name/theme with related decorations - a touch of owner's pride. The desk gave friendly assistance. To top it off, access to town is easy via a stairway immediately by the hotel, and Safeway is one block back. If pressed, a minus is the towels were a bit thin. Definitely recommend.

Thank you for being #1. You are my first tripadvisor review! I am delighted your visit was a positive experience. Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. We look forward to your future visits to Port Angeles!

Been to Quality Inn Uptown? Share your experiences!