“Way overpriced” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Port Angeles
Forks, Washington
“Way overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was surprised by the high price quoted me at check-in and was told that there was an event in town (that supposedly caused a spike in prices). Later, driving around town I found that almost every motel had vacancies. The hall carpets were filthy with huge stains, the room carpet was buckled, the bathroom tub surround was cracked, the TV remote would only advance or go back instead of accepting a channel selection, and the breakfast room in the morning was so crowded that people were standing at the perimeter--all while a sign cautioned against leaving the room with any food. While all of this might have been expected for $60, it was unacceptable for over $130. The only good element was that the grounds were well maintained.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
David K, Owner at Super 8 Port Angeles, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
HI Sharon, I really appreciate you taking the time to write. You're right about some of the cleaning issues and those have all been resolved. I hired another maintenance person to get carpet cleaning back under control. As for breakfast, I must admit that the room provided by the original builders of this place was rather short sighted. We could use more space and I believe a few changes that I'm trying to make will achieve that result here shortly with 3 more tables and chairs. Our breakfast sure is popular especially since I just added the hard boiled eggs. We do get quite good reviews on our breakfast.

As for price and accommodation, I can assure you that quality is lower at our nearby motels that are not franchised. I'm sorry your stay was less than satisfactory.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Lompo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I've stayed at this Super 8 three times and have been very pleased with the room, the location, and the safety. It's handy for getting on the Coho Ferry which is just minutes away. The front desk folks are very helpful and friendly, the place is clean, and it's located in a safe area. I wish the price was a bit lower, but I plan to stay there again because of the ease and convenience.

Room Tip: I liked the room on the top floor.
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My family and I stayed at this Super 8 for two nights while visiting and hiking at the National Park. A no frills motel but very clean with friendly, helpful service. Our room was spacious enough for four and quiet enough for sleeping. Best to ask for a room on the back side. Dogs accepted which was an added plus. Convenient to the park and plenty of places to eat near by. It fit our needs just fine. The complimentary breakfast was hearty. The breakfast room was a bit tight on seating so we sat in the lobby to eat without a concern from management. A little longer breakfast period would be nice for late sleepers on week-ends. I forgot to show by AAA card for a discount at check-in. It was too late at check-out. I took the advice of the front desk receptionist and called the owner, Mr.Kim, after I got home. He adjusted my rate without hesitation. I was ready to give him my AAA number but he did not want it. He trusted me. I was impressed, great customer service. So I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Back side, quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Port Angeles? Share your experiences!