“week end stay” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Port Angeles
Tacoma, Washington
“week end stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Don't go to this one floors stained fecal matter on bed sped and towels. Towels like corn cobs . The food room was cleaned while we ate a four cornered job. Would not stay at this one again . I have stayed at others and they were not as bad as this one.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Burlington, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We checked in and were helped promptly by a very nice desk person. When we got to our room we were pretty grossed out. First the couch had huge stains all over it. I wouldn't sit on it or the floor which was just as bad. Our pillows were not only grossly stained but had big black hairs on it from what I'm guessing was the previous guest, which also happen to leave hair on the shower wall and body hair on the toilet seat. The shower floor was extremely dirty as well . The pillows were flat but bulgy in places from age, the sheets were wore paper thin and the cover was very old and looked like it was from the 70's. The sheets were still wrinkled and looked like the bed was slept in. One bed the sheets were turned inside out. Needless to say it was to late to find another room so we got a clean pair of sheets from the front desk, pulled the covers off and slept in our sleeping bags. I do have to say that the night desk person and the morning person were extremely nice and understanding. They felt bad and I'm sure embarrassed. To top the trip off the resaraunt next door was straight out of Kitchen Nightmares, moldy bread, half frozen vegtables and terrible tasting food.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
David K, Owner at Super 8 Port Angeles, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Kelly,
You wrote one of the most helpful reviews I've seen in awhile. Let me start by saying that i apologize for your unacceptable experience. You should know that I'm the new owner and that I'm using past reviews to help me learn from. I have all new housekeeping staff and I have an executive housekeeper that is following my clean and double-check standards since Nov of 2012. I've also replaced every bed linen, pillow in the entire hotel as of Feb 2013. Every room has been deep cleaned now. I'm also in discussion with several vendors to come up with a replacement standard to update the look of the beds. The new standard will be in place in the next few months. As for the restaurant, I've notified them of your review and they are embarrassed by the comment as well.
bothell
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had a confirmed reservation for my family at this motel. I also had made bookings for activities around the area and my family was looking forward for a long time to this vacation. A week before our confirmed stay, the manager called to inform that I had been double-booked and so my booking was cancelled. All he could offer was apologies and nothing more.

I stand to lose the activities tickets I have already bought and more painful is that I have to disappoint my family for the vacation that they were looking forward to. I could not find any decent accommodation as it is the long weekend and am now looking to pay a lot more (3x) at other vacation rentals to avoid disappointing my family.

I was not even offered any free stay for the blunder that the motel had caused. This is a terrible place. Stay away from this place if you don't want to be disappointed !

Room Tip: Rooms outside this motel (any other motel) would be good
Prince George, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Room was very outdated and cleanliness was terrible. The value for the money was dissapointing. No swimming pool but that's probably a good thing, considering how this hotel is managed. Breakfast which was included was not very good. The front desk staff were not into thier jobs and not enjoying themselves.

Aurora, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had to call the front desk to get check in. No one answered the phone but a employee who was off work got someone for us. He was not very friendly. On the wall is a small plaque that says they will charge you a $1.50 for a safe that is in your room. The catch is that you have to pay it up front whether you use it or not. When you go to check out you half to remind them to take the $1.50 off. Which they were not very pleased to do. They say is causes them paper work. Rooms were clean but had not been updated for about 30 years. Staff is allowed to bring their children to work which made them not available. Would pass this place up.

Room Tip: pass this one up
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

This place was not cheap enough to justify its grimness. The front desk staff were really helpful(they earned the 2 stars) but the whole place was depressing. It was not dirty but let's say I wouldn't let a baby play on the floor! The breakfast was included but it too was just grim - an overcrowded room, bad coffee and terrible "juice". The only shining light was the novelty that was the waffle iron-first we'd seen. This is the first really budget place we stayed in the US -disgraceful really considering how good Premier Inn is in the UK for much less money. This was not a SUPER 8.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Room suited our needs to sleep and shower. The service was great. Free wi-fi with the ability to print at the computer in the lobby was a bonus. Loved the waffles at the continental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Super 8 Port Angeles? Share your experiences!