“Awesome food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 98 Restaurants in Port Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Southwestern, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Full Service Bar and Grill. Specializing in Northwest Cuisine all with a southwest flair. Full service, wine shop, family friendly, allergy sensitive dining. All of our food and cocktails are hand crafted.
“Awesome food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

We dined here last night and the food was awesome. Freshly prepared and a lot of variety on the menu. Don't let the name fool you, it is not Mexican food which is what we were told. Fresh seafood & steaks are their specialty. I would definitely go back if I lived in the area! ;)

Visited August 2014

Portland, Oregon
“Great food, we had poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We dined on a Sunday night. The restaurant was about half full when we arrived at 6pm and was full when we left three hours later. We ordered drinks, two appetizers and two entrees. The drinks came promptly, but the appetizers didn't come for half an hour. After we finished our appetizers, we waited, and waited, and waited. I wasn't watching the clock, but it took a loooooong time, like our server forgot to put in the ticket, or forgot to pick it up. I don't know. I do know that other people who came later got served earlier - and it wasn't like we ordered something special.

The food was really good,but to get an "excellent" rating, everything has to work. I wouldn't not recommend people from going there, and I might give it another chance if I was in town, but on that particular night, I was very, very disappointed.

Full disclosure: I don’t work at this venue nor am I affiliated with anyone who does or any other competing venues.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Food delicious presentation really weird!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

The food was really good but the way they present it is strange....my husband got the surf and turf with a 6oz steak and they put 2 wooden skewers in it...and i got the angus steak and they cut it which caused all the juice to run all over the plate! You never cut a steak!!! And our waitress though really nice needed deodorant really bad :(

Manassas, Virginia
“Good find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We were passing through Port Angeles and wanted a nice dinner. After reading several reviews from different sites we decided on Kokopelli. We got there at prime dinner time, they were busy but the hostess was friendly and quickly seated us. The upstairs has a nice view looking out over the water. Our waitress was very nice and quick to get our drinks and appetizers. It was hard to choose as the menu had alot of good sounding choices. Going on the waitress suggestion I had the calamari appetizer, smoked salmon chowder, and the seafood combo. Everything was delicious. Nice fresh fish and cooked to perfection. I was especially impressed with the salmon chowder which I had never had but it was great! The atmosphere of the place was nice as well, seemed as if had been recently remodeled. Next time we are in Port Angeles we will definitely head back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Casper, Wyoming, United States
“Fantastic Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Went for a family reunion. Food was excellent...the restaurant even hosted a brunch for us the next day (and they don't usually do breakfast)...wait staff was helpful and considerate and their service was great. The prime rib and salmon for dinner was awesome, and the brunch the next day was great!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere