“Great fun....these guys are awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 16 Activities in Port Angeles
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Focusing on safe, fun, and educational sea kayak, mountain bike and stand up paddleboarding trips in and near Olympic National Park. Our goals are to share the beauty, history and magic of the Olympic Peninsula from the oceans, lakes and forests with kids and adults alike. Family owned and operated since the year 2000.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great fun....these guys are awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We did the half-day kayak and it was such fun! Even though the kayak isn't made for a guy that's 6'6'' we still had a great time. Ben, our guide, was awesome. They supply all the gear you need.....wetsuit (i'm glad I had a cotton jacket to put over it and under the outer waterproof jacket as it was very cold out there), booties, life jacket and dry bag for your stuff. It was a lot of work sea kayaking, but I would definitely do it again.

“Inspiring Adventure!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

The folks at Adventures Through Kayaking are incredible! Tammie and Ben are sweethearts and my tour guide, Joey, was a rockstar! I did the full day kayaking and mountain biking combo and I'm so glad I did! The kayaking was nice and peaceful and Joey was very knowledgable about the marine and wildlife, sharing fun facts along the way. He knew I brought my camera so he made sure to point out good photo opportunities when ever he could. The mountain biking was definitely the best part of the adventure...My experience level was pretty minimal so I was a little apprehensive about going down the hill, but Joey was very understanding and taught me techniques to ride down safely. He really seemed to care, not only about my safety but that I was having a good time as well. As a result, I felt completely relaxed and comfortable the entire time. Joey's experience, caring nature and great sense of humor helped make this adventure one that I will never forget I highly recommend the full day adventure for anyone that wants to experience the Olympic peninsula in a fun and unique way.

Watertown, Massachusetts
12 attraction reviews
“If you do only 1/2 the trip you miss 3/4 of the fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I spent a week and a half in the park and Seattle area and this is the most fun we had. We did the Kayak/Mt Bike combo, and despite a full crew for the kayak it was only us two on the second half which was a big mistake on the other people's fault. The kayaking was fun but the biking was great. It's such a unique way to see the mountains. The guides were wonderful and all the people at ATK were great. Having never really mountain biked before they made us feel safe and comfortable. My only regret is that I didn't have a camera mounted to my bike (hey Tami you guys should by one for people to rent). We've recommended this to our friends in the Seattle area and if we're ever back we're surely going on another trip with them!

Visited June 2013
Seattle, Washington
“What a great way to spend the day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

These folks are terrific! We booked a full-day adventure with kayaking in the morning and mountain-biking in the afternoon. Tammy, the cheerful owner of the business, has a whole menu of opportunities for adventurous people of all capabilities. Our guide, Ben, was wonderful. A former professor (true!) of canoeing and kayaking, he is one of those souls who truly love to make sure that folks have a good time and teaches with thoughtful instructions aimed at safety, and lots of humor. He clearly loves the outdoors and outdoor activities. He was very knowledgeable about the area flora and fauna. The pace set for both the kayaking and the biking was accommodating to us oldsters with well-planned breaks to take in the fantastic views. We think that the mountain-biking is something that all ages and abilities can enjoy. The seven-mile trail is well maintained, mostly downhill, and quite exhilarating with beautiful views of the mountains and forests. Really a highlight of our trip!

Redmond, Washington
“Wonderful guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I went kayaking wiht ATK on July 7th. It was a great experience. Our guide was humorous and knowledgable. He made sure people with different kayaking skills all enjoyed their trips.