I want to provide both the pros and cons of this experience, despite the fact that I am recovering from a nasty case of food poisoning, which I am pretty sure came from the delicious tuna melt I enjoyed at the Chestnut Cottage. At the time I ate it, I did notice that it was lukewarm, but didn't think much of that. I also enjoyed a delicious cup of clam chowder, which I suppose could also have been the culprit. The service was warm and wonderful, and the ambiance was pleasant, kind of like a dining room in a nursing home. I really enjoyed my meal but not the aftereffects. I would suggest making sure the food is stored properly, and also served nice and hot in the future. It is particularly hard for me to rate the food because taste wise it was very good to excellent, but I am putting it as "terrible" because it just wasn't safe to eat. I am putting the value as "average" because although it was reasonably priced, I got food poisoning. The service and atmosphere, as I said, were excellent.
If you own or manage Chestnut Cottage Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.