“Food poisoning!” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
“Food poisoning!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I want to provide both the pros and cons of this experience, despite the fact that I am recovering from a nasty case of food poisoning, which I am pretty sure came from the delicious tuna melt I enjoyed at the Chestnut Cottage. At the time I ate it, I did notice that it was lukewarm, but didn't think much of that. I also enjoyed a delicious cup of clam chowder, which I suppose could also have been the culprit. The service was warm and wonderful, and the ambiance was pleasant, kind of like a dining room in a nursing home. I really enjoyed my meal but not the aftereffects. I would suggest making sure the food is stored properly, and also served nice and hot in the future. It is particularly hard for me to rate the food because taste wise it was very good to excellent, but I am putting it as "terrible" because it just wasn't safe to eat. I am putting the value as "average" because although it was reasonably priced, I got food poisoning. The service and atmosphere, as I said, were excellent.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Fort Myers, Florida
“The best breakfast we've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We visited this restaurant twice on our vacation and would have probably eaten there every day had we not discovered it at the end! Our service was excellent. The cinnamon rolls are the best I've ever had. We also had the sautéed vegetables with eggs, their spicy mocha, and fish tacos. I will have to say they nailed each dish. Generous portions, perfect blend of flavors, and unique. One of a kind restaurant, a must visit.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
beezeportangeles, Owner at Chestnut Cottage Restaurant, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We really appreciate it!
For all our customers, locals and travelers alike I just want to say, if your
experience is any less than excellent, please let us know and we will fix it.
Nothing makes myself and the crew happier than a satisfied guest.
Again, thank you!!!
Louisville, Kentucky
“An Excellent Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

While we were on vacation we were looking for a place for breakfast. This had a good rating so we decided to try it. All four of us got something different, None of us were disappointed in our breakfast. The portions were large so we were stuffed when we left. I would recommend this to anyone who was in Port Angeles!

• Visited July 2012
Abbotsford, Canada
“not at all what the style suggested”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

service was slow, food was lukewarm. biscuits and gravy wasn't very savory, in fact was very boring. coffee refills were very slow in being offered.

Visited May 2013
beezeportangeles, Owner at Chestnut Cottage Restaurant, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I am so sorry that you had anything short of a great experience at the Cottage.
We take making our customers happy very seriously. I am going to have a meeting
with our head Chef today and figure out where we went wrong with the biscuits and gravy.
And there is no excuse for not getting refills. I am terribly sorry that happened. We are known
for being over the top about refills and it is upsetting to hear that we failed you.
Thank you so much for alerting us to these problems. And thank you for being specific
with what happened. It will be so much help to us in correcting the problem.
Again I am sorry, II wish I could tell you in person and make up
for what happened.
“Excellent breakfast & lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Every time we're in the area we make sure to stop by Chesnut Cottage. Recently had the spring scramble with asparagus and other veggies and it was delicious. Chesnut Cottage is consistently good every time we go! You can't miss with this one.

• Visited May 2013