“Stay for the view and location, not the hotel” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 North Lincoln Street, Port Angeles, WA 98362   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Port Angeles
Olympia, WA
“Stay for the view and location, not the hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

If you don't want to pay for the water view, skip this hotel. The location is great--walking distance to downtown shops (and for Twilight fans, close to a few highlights). Unlike other reviewers, we had a good experience with the buffet breakfast--plenty of average buffet food: eggs, sausage, potatoes, pancake machine (that was entertaining), yogurt, cereal, coffee, juice. There is a walking trail along the water in front of hotel. The pool is in the middle of the parkiing lot--ick--and it does look like an old motel. The rooms were average (ours was clean and in good repair).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

Yikes, to find a bottle cap (and small rock and plastic clothes label) on the carpet of the room was quite a suprise. Upon check in the person checking us in had to pick up the phone at least 8 times. Seems like they should have someone else to answer phone while check in person helps get us checked in. They have a restaurant on the property (I think Crab House - or something like that). We had their buffet breakfast and it was pretty awful. Over all a bad experience from check in, room and breakfast. I'd never stay there again. That room was priced at $200, but I got it from Priceline for $90. I would have been furious if I'd paid $200.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Bay Area
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

Our first and second choice hotels were booked so we decided to try Red Lion Hotel. The last Red Lion I stayed at was about 30 years ago. Well, it looked as though this hotel hadn't changed anything for 30 years except maybe updating the bathrooms a bit. When we checked in the staff seemed friendly enough and efficient. Upon entering the wing where our room was the hallways smelled very smokey even though this is suppose to be non-smoking. When we entered the room it appeared at first to be clean. When we looked around we noticed that the tub was filthy and even had hair in it. A fly was also buzzing around the room. The beds were just ok. The outside traffic noise wasn't too bad. The hotel was right by the ferry terminal which is very convenient. By the way, I drove to the Safeway which is a couple blocks away to buy some lysol cleaner to clean the tub myself. Definitely overpriced at 159.00 a night.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Ferndale, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

We stayed here for two nights. It is right near the ferry terminal and within walking distance of many restaurants. The room we requested (non smoking -waterview with a balcony) was not available when we checked in, and the hotel clerk's comment when I commented regarding the room we did get (smoking-waterview first floor) - was "same difference." We paid in advance for the buffet breakfast, and this was a big mistake. There was a 15 minute wait to get seated, and a 10 minute wait for the waitress to bring us silverware. The supply of buffet items were quickly exhausted, and not replaced while we were there. There are so many restaurants and cafe's close by there is no need to waste time and money at the Red Lion breakfast. Finally, the room was never serviced by the overworked staff.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

There are not alot of choices in Port Angeles to stay - this appears to be one of the better places. There was nothing special about the place. It was clean and well located. It might have been better if I was on the other side of the hotel and had a view of the water. I ate at the lounge since I arrived late - food was pretty good. I did appreciate the free internet. I would rate this higher but I felt the price was simply too high.

• Stayed July 2010
Key Largo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

I spent one night here to do business with Westport Yachts. I didn't spentd the extra forty dollars for a waterfront room, as I work on boats and live on the water. The room was vintage Motel 6, with freeway noises. I know this is season, but $159 dollars, with no breakfast included is laughable

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Ferndale, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

My family and I stayed in this hotel for the 14u State baseball tournament and it was the worst place I have ever been especially for the price they charge!!!
The ladies at the check in desk were so rude and I should have known by that first impression it was going to be horrible.
They told me one price when I made reservations and charged me another once I got there for the weekend. They offer continental breakfast but for another added fee.
The beds were like sleeping on a cement floor, Every morning everyone of us had a sore back and body. To take a shower you must put at least 45 min aside because the water pressure was a joke.
Again if you expect to get what you pay for DO NOT STAY HERE!!
Oh yeah and you have to get there early if you want a microwave and fridge because they only have like 35 for the whole hotel so there constantly moving them around. Last but not least an employee was in our room at one time or another because they left a copy of there manifest in our room. Which left every name and number of every person that was in the hotel and what room you could find them in. Hows that for privacy???

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles? Share your experiences!