“Clean hotel, extremely pleasant employees, very nice stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #16 of 65 hotels in Macon
HINESVILLE, GA
“Clean hotel, extremely pleasant employees, very nice stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed here over the weekend with a soccer group. My daughter and I arrived at the hotel prior to the team. I will say, getting to the hotel was quite tedious due to construction at this exit. Once you get through all the crazy traffic, the hotel is easy to find. We had no issues getting checked in. The lobby was clean and the fireplace was definitely inviting...it was so cold this weekend! Our king room was clean with plenty of room. We were right over the lobby on the 2nd floor facing the front parking lot. We didn't have any problems with the train sounds. The bed was very comfortable and had plenty of pillows. Breakfast was great. They had the typical items at a hotel breakfast, to include hot waffles, and Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches to be microwaved. Checkout was easy as well, considering all the people that were staying that weekend. I would like to say a special thank you to the young lady that checked us in that Friday evening, March 1. I am very bad with names, but she was excellent. She helped us with food choices, directions to places (especially to avoid the traffic nightmare we went though to get to the hotel), gave us the number to the closest pizza place (our final decision) so we wouldn't have to wait so long for delivery. She even asked me about the kids first soccer game and how it went. Very personal touch! Also, the gentleman that was in the breakfast room that morning was very kind and patient. There was a dining room full of middle school soccer players and he made sure that everyone had what they needed. Thanks to him as well. When and if I am ever back this way, I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Tip: If you want to venture back out, when leaving the parking lot of the hotel, turn RIGHT. Follow that street down to the stop sign - then turn left. You will come to a traffic light. Go straight across and on your right, there is a HUGE shopping area with lots of restaurants to choose from...all while avoiding the I-75 confusion!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Macon, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We certainly appreciate you staying with us and enjoying our hotel. Syozzia and Leroy do a great job and we are glad that they were helpful and courteous to you and the rest of our guests. We hope you have the opportunity to visit Macon, GA again. And we look forward to you staying with us. We know you had a choice. Thank you for choosing us!

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We had an overnight stay on Fri Feb 8 as walk in guests. Liked fairfield elsewhere so picked this one.
syozzia at reception was excellent.
Room 128 was a king suite at the back of the hotel. Very neat and tidy although bathroom a bit tight. Hotel has all mod cons including hair dryer, coffee maker, iron, CD & DVD player.
Breakfast was typical continental + heat your own muffin. No cooked breakfast.
Getting out to a restaurant at 6pm was hell. Long term roadworks on Arkwright St have local traffic + off ramps 169 from I 75 totally jammed up in one lane. It took 30 minutes to get to Outback steakhouse just across the other side of Arkwright , then another 30 minutes waiting time.
Our suite at the back of the hotel got the worst of the trains. They come through all night every 40 minutes and blow their air horns from about 2 miles away until they are 2 miles past. (For about 4 to 5 minites). Definitely take a room at the front.
Would I stay here again? Maybe, but only in a front room.

Room Tip: Definitely get a front room away from the train noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kimberly P, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Macon, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give a review of our hotel. It always pleases us when we hear good things about our front desk staff! I understand your concerns about the construction near our property. We are looking forward to the time when it will be completed. We also understand your concerns about the train. If you should have a need to return to Macon and decide to stay with us, please let us know you would like a room in the front of the property. You are a valued guest and we will make every effort to take care of you. Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Macon. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Traveling single, I arrived in the early evening, greeted by general
Manager. Assigned me a room where I requested. It was very quiet and the bed was comfortable. Choices for breakfast were better than many hotels on my recent road trip. Very convenient to Groome Transportation where I could catch a shuttle to Atlanta airport.. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed December 2012
FIS_General-Manager, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Macon, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so happy to hear that you felt safe and comfortable while staying with us, as your satisafaction is of the utmost importance to us! We hope to see you the next time you come to town. We know you always have a choice and we thank you for choosing us!

Warmest Regards,

Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The staff here was great...much better than the rooms. The rooms are very dumpy looking and not what I expect at a Marriott property. The bathroom was especially gross and smelly. Maybe the smell is why the wallpaper is peeling off the wall! There are too many budget properties that are new in Macon to stay at this one again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Let me first thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I appreciate hearing that the team treated you well while you were staying with us! While we may not be the newest kid on the block, we do try to be the most friendly and helpful. Thank you for the feedback concerning the condition of your room, we have made every effort to repair the issue. We are looking forward to a rennovation in the next year and hope that the next time you visit Macon we will be able to share our new product with you! Thanks again for your feedback.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stopped here on our way home from Florida. A good choice. It is conveniently located off the highway with lots of eating options nearby. Very clean and so comfy. The staff was very helpful. Continental breakfast had lots of options.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feeback on our property! I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are very lucky to be located in such a convenient area. I am so glad that your experience with the team here was up to par and that you got a good nights rest in our comfortable beds! We hope to see you again the next time you are passing through.

Warmest regards,

Tucker, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed Nov. 24, 2012, as a walk-in with a prior call from the Residence Inn down the street for a price. We stayed in second floor room on the highway side, but the noise was minimal. We did clearly hear the train go by somewhere behind the hotel, but it wasn't bad at all...almost quiant. Very comfortable and clean. Staff was VERY nice and all spoke FLUENT English. After about an hour in the room, I was leaving my college student in the room to work while I ran out to get dinner. When I walked out of our room, I turned to check that the door closed properly and found that it was unlocked! No matter what I did, the door would not lock. I called the front desk and Will said he would change us to a room two doors down. While we packed up our stuff & put it on the cart, he made new room keys and met us in the hall. When I showed him that even with turning the bolt lock, the door would open, he was surprised. He even helped us get our bags into the new room. The only complaint was with breakfast. The batter for the waffles was too runny so the waffles came out gummy. On the plus side though, there was a nice selection of yogurts and even microwaveable sausage bisquits & egg/sausage bisquits, which I've never seen in a hotel before. Definitely will be staying here again!

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, don't get a room on the back of the hotel as there is a train tha...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
First, let me thank you for taking the time to give us such a nice review. I am glad that your room was comfortable, clean, and met your needs. It is so important that guests bring certain things to our attention, especially safety issues, and we thank you for telling us about the lock issue. I can assure you that the front desk brought it to the engineers attention first thing in the morning and the issue has since been taken care of! Concerning breakfast, I have made sure the attendant pays careful attention to the consistency of the batter, as the waffles are my favorite breakfast item when traveling! Next time you visit us, I am sure your waffle will be great! We know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us!

Warmest Regards,

Savannah, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Staff was nice and location was convenient but the room was in bad shape. Would have been acceptable for a $39 a night interstate stop but not for over $80. The bathroom wall had significant mold and peeling wallpaper; water damage on the ceiling with peeling paint; the windows apparently had seals that were broken and were so discolored you could hardly see out them. Also they did nothing to block noise. I heard the train when going in the hotel so had a room in the front and it did not disturb me. This place needs a thorough overhaul. I was told my bill would be adjusted. Waiting on my credit card statement to see what was done.

Room Tip: On the side away from the train. Better yet, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Let me first start by thanking you for your feedback; although the good feedback is more fun, the negative (or constructive) feedback is the most helpful because it brings our focus to the things that we need to work on. I am happy to hear that the team here treated you well as our goal is always to give the service that will make you want to return! Concenring the condition of your room, I regret that it was not up to the standards that I'm sure you have come to know and expect when traveling, especially to a Marriott. Since your stay, we have gone into each room to check for mold and taken care of that issue. Many rooms have also been painted since then. We are looking forward to a renovation in the next year, so I hope that one day you will come back and see us so that we can show off our new product to you! Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Colleen Heady and the Fairfield Team

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Macon? Share your experiences!