“Great place.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 65 hotels in Macon
Frankenmuth, Michigan, United States
“Great place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were traveling to Florida and planned our stop. Staff was very friendly, nice clean rooms, and great bathrooms. Very high end appearance, nice clean lobby. Breakfast was great with a lot of choices. Would stay there again.
Gail B.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

387 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed 1 night on way to destination. Pleasantly surprised at details of update, even down to door handles. Very clean; appearance of higher-end hotel. Friendly staff and good breakfast. Would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

La Crosse, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We were traveling to Florida and planned a stop in Macon on the way to check out "The Big House" and some of the history in Macon. We were going through Atlanta at 800am and I knew that we would arrive in Macon early so I called the hotel and asked if it was possible to check in early and the answer was yes. She warned me about construction at the exit and told me to be careful when turning under the highway. She was right!! When we got there, the clerk was so friendly and helpful. She remembered my call and called me by name. What a treat to have someone like this to greet you. We wanted to go somewhere for BBQ for dinner and she gave us some options and her recommendation of the Smoking Pig was great.

The rooms are large and clean. The breakfast buffet was limited but did the trick. The location right off the highway made it easy to get to where we wanted to go. I love that LaQuinta's are pet friendly and it was nice to see happy families with their dogs.

Room Tip: This hotel is a little North of the city but close to restaurants and limited shopping. It has such...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We overnighted at this property on our way to Florida from Indiana, choosing it because it is pet-friendly and had our 2 Chihuahuas along. The accommodations were far nicer than what I would have expected. The room was large, clean, and very well appointed with plenty of towels, sundries, etc. Breakfast was more than adequate with cereal, waffle maker, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, and the noraml items you find on a Continental breakfast. Yes, we heard a dog bark a couple of times, but our dogs also answered them. I am a tour operator specializing in group motor coach tours/trips and have stayed in more hotels than I can count. The only reason I would maybe not choose this property for one of my bus groups was because of the dogs - not everyone is a dog-fan. But other than that, I would book my groups here without question. The only reason I am not giving it a 5 is because it is not the Ritz Carlton or a Peabody, but the price wasn't either. We will stay here every time we return to Florida.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Spent one night at this Inn, as we were driving to Disney and wanted a break. The front desk staff was pleasant, friendly and very helpful, so was the cleaning service folks. We talked a little with the young man that works night shift (around 5PM) his name was either Alan or Alex and he was great in this job. I noticed how cheerful and helpful he was to people who were not always friendly to him. Good job with your employees.

Room Tip: Having a dog with us, the first floor rooms are a plus!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this hotel at an exit full of hotels with mediocre reviews and decided to take a chance. Seeing that it was pet friendly I wondered about the cleanliness and the noise. I could not have been more pleasantly surprised! Friendly staff, very nice room, comfortable beds, quiet with the exception of the refrigerator that ran a bit loud. Very, very clean, both the common areas and the room. Kids enjoyed the pool and loved seeing all the cute doggies in the lobby. Would recommend and stay again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Macon? Share your experiences!