“Much Improved Since My Last Stay” 3 of 5 stars

You added Hampton Inn Macon West I-475 to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Macon West I-475
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5010 Eisenhower Pkwy, Macon, GA 31206   |
Ranked #27 of 66 Hotels in Macon
“Much Improved Since My Last Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed here about a year ago and wasn't particularly pleased but this hotel has improved and I can now recommend it. I understand it will be improving even more, shortly. The rooms were mostly consistent with Hampton Inn quality, although somewhat obviously a refurbished hotel of another name. The staff were friendly and helpful and there were ample choices in the breakfast room in the morning. After a late night, I had a terrific sleep and woke refreshed - always a good sign for me of a very clean room. As to further improvements, I understand the hotel will be torn down soon and a new one built in its place. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I usually like a ground floor, however, I had not requested it and had to accept a second floor room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Richmond Hill, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I recently stayed at this property on 09/17/12, the hotel was cleaner than I anticipated. The room was clean, beds comfortable and room temperature was perfect. I went down the next morning and was greeted by each staff and ate an awesome breakfast. The young lady at check out that morning was very friendly. When I informed her I was going to a business meeting and would like to take my slient out to eat, she offered several places for me to go. To add to this she asked me exactly where I was going, as I was eating breakfast the young lady came to my table and gave me directions to the office I was going to, a couple of restaraunts and informed me that if I had trouble with finding the places to give her a call and ask for her by name(LaMesa). I travel for a living and have had several experiences with hotel staff but this stay was a memorable one. The young lady and staff at the Macon Hampton knows what it means when they say customer service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

First of all, I must say that the lady that helped me on the phone was extremely courteous. I had such a headache and she made my reservation simple and quick. When we finished the reservation she politely advised me that perhaps I would feel better if I got a little rest. I was very happy with her service. Then she offered me some type of sales thing (doing her job). When I told her that I just wasn't up to it, she wasn't pushy but told me when I get ready I could call in. She deserves an A+.
When we arrived, at first I thought this is going to be a terrible stay. However, the lady at the check in was very polite and had an inviting smile. But my concern was how would the room be? When I looked in It was wonderful. Everything looked clean and I could relax. The last time two times I stayed in Macon I stayed at the "Best Western" once and the "Holiday Inn Express" and was highly unsatisfied with both.
Although the price is a little out of my budget, (Holiday Inn Express was more) I would stay again and refer it to my family and friends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Pros: Cheap, very clean, very nice renovation.

Cons: exterior access doors

I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality and cleanliness of the rooms. If you can live with exterior access, this hotel would be a very good choice, esp for the price

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

This was an older property, but in consideration the nightly price was less. Check in was good. Our room was good, but the toilet/shower area was of an older style. They had LCD slim line HD TV with HD programming, but not much was on tonight. Our bed was acceptable, but on the firm side for our taste. The next morning the breakfast was good.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chesterfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

The hotel has been upgraded. Our room was clean and nice with a very comfortable bed. The room had a refrigerator and a microwave along with a flat screen TV. As a Hilton Gold member we were upgraded to a King room.
The location was convenient to I-475. Hotel staff were very friendly. Restaurant choices in the area were not great.
Hotel was reasonably priced.

Stayed April 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Comfortable bed. Good breakfast. Applebee's has great jazz entertainment on Wednesdays.

Room Tip: call ahead, they fill up fast.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Macon West I-475? Share your experiences!