“For the money, you cant beat it!” 4 of 5 stars

Hampton Inn Macon West I-475
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5010 Eisenhower Pkwy, Macon, GA 31206   |
Ranked #27 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Athens, Georgia
“For the money, you cant beat it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Pros: Cheap, very clean, very nice renovation.

Cons: exterior access doors

I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality and cleanliness of the rooms. If you can live with exterior access, this hotel would be a very good choice, esp for the price

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

This was an older property, but in consideration the nightly price was less. Check in was good. Our room was good, but the toilet/shower area was of an older style. They had LCD slim line HD TV with HD programming, but not much was on tonight. Our bed was acceptable, but on the firm side for our taste. The next morning the breakfast was good.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chesterfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

The hotel has been upgraded. Our room was clean and nice with a very comfortable bed. The room had a refrigerator and a microwave along with a flat screen TV. As a Hilton Gold member we were upgraded to a King room.
The location was convenient to I-475. Hotel staff were very friendly. Restaurant choices in the area were not great.
Hotel was reasonably priced.

Stayed April 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Comfortable bed. Good breakfast. Applebee's has great jazz entertainment on Wednesdays.

Room Tip: call ahead, they fill up fast.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

This is an outstanding Hampton. Friendly, helpful staff, clean, clean, clean. The breakfast is not your usual fare with so many options. We loved the oatmeal with added cranberries and nuts. I have to add this, the folks in Macon are super friendly. Great place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I loved staying here! The layout of the property could not have worked out any better than it did! I was moving from Ohio to Florida and this was my overnight stop. I really liked the outside entrances since I had a car full of my belongings that I was moving to Florida with. I loved the fact that I was on the first floor and I could pull my car up right in front of my room door. Thanks again Hampton Inn Macon for an outstanding stay. I WILL return again!!! As for the people that complain about the exterior entrances, this property is well lit and has security cameras so you are really safe. There are door locks on the guest room doors just as any other Hampton Inn would have. This is an older property but the quality and service of this hotel is no different than any other Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: We were on the back side of the hotel (RM 136) it was really quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Columbus, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

This Hampton Inn needs to be re-named to "ancient" Holiday Inn. Sorry, but not much good to say about the hotel. We did have a quiet room on the backside, 2nd floor of the hotel. That's the good news. Inside, the rooms are super plain with a small bathroom and an a/c unit that is mounted through the wall to the walkway. You'd really expect more from the brand of Hampton Inn. There's a new HI Express (looked new from the Hampton Inn location) that would have been a better choice. We have free nights at both chains and hadn't used a Hampton Inn recently so chose this one on the way to Florida. I have to think it won't be the Hampton brand much longer. Another peeve... the wall lamps are not adjustable, but are on fixed stems/arms. If you aren't where the light hits -- you move, not the lamp. Really now, is that necessary in a decent hotel?

There are several food choices. The Cracker Barrel is just across the front of the parking lot just yards away. If you turn left out of the hotel you are into a large shopping area 1/2 mile away that has several restaurants. So you won't go hungry if you turn left. We ate at an Olive Garden that was 1.5 miles away.

Room Tip: Got it... try another hotel, grin!
Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Macon West I-475? Share your experiences!