“I'd stay again in a heartbeat.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Macon, Georgia
“I'd stay again in a heartbeat.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Due to a fire in our house, this Residence Inn was our "home away from home" for 3 full months. Our suite was on the I-75 side but we never heard the traffic, and we kept our windows opened! Every member of the staff, from housekeeping to Dana, from Bill and Tina to the wonderful ladies who prepared b'fast and "social hour" and all the terrific staff at the desk-without fail, had smiles and pleasant greetings always. If there was ever any issue/problem-& we had only one problem w/our lock-it was handled ASAP. We had our dog with us-never an issue. Our grandchildren came to visit on weekends and enjoyed the breakfast, the pool, the fire pit. We took advantage of the very nice gas grill they have. The grounds are very well-kept and manicured. From the very beginning, we were told to treat this (the Residence Inn)as our home. We were disappointed the spa wasn't in use, but we learned they are being phased out. The only thing that needed improvement was the game court outside. It is in need of a new net at one end. Other than that, THIS Residence Inn was Great. Imlay family

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dana C, Manager at Residence Inn Macon, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us. We enjoyed having your family with us; however, we were sorry about the circumstances. Thanks for your kind comments. I have shared them with the staff. Please keep us in mind next time you need lodging.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Tucker, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed here Nov. 10, 2012, in a 1st floor 2 bedroom suite facing the highway. Road noise from the highway was non-existant unless you have super sensitive hearing. Last time I stayed there was 10 years ago and it's still a great hotel. Staff was nice & courteous. The renovations were well done & the firepit & barbeque were nice additions. When I found an access door wouldn't close properly, there was a guy fixing it with 15 minutes. The breakfast was Marriott's usual fare. Didn't use the pool, but it looked and smelled fine. Wanted to stay here again Nov. 24th, but since it was just me, the price was more than I wanted to pay for a short night. The manager was nice enough to call the other Marriotts in the area and found a price I could live with. THAT's service! Next time I need a hotel for more than just me for more than a 9 PM-10AM stay, this is the place I'll be going. And with Freshman in college in Macon, that could be often in the next 4 years!

Room Tip: Always check out the rooms in ANY hotel BEFORE you move your luggage in. Remember, some hotels give...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dana C, Manager at Residence Inn Macon, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us. We're glad that you had a good stay.
Palm Harbor, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have stayed here a few time before and it was average for a Residence Inn. This time the heat didn't work, room had a very moldy smell, there were only 2 towels/wash clothes/hand towels, and being a Platinum member we were put on the I75 side of the building, listening to all the cars and trucks go by all night.

The other issue that really concerned me was the food and beverage service and who was there. First, the reception has cheese that was either old or shredded, as if someone couldn't care less what it looked like. Then there were people there who were obviously friends/family of the workers. This came to light while listening to their conversations, they were not guests. When they arrived the cheese sampling became abundant. Same issue at breakfast, some of the same people and then others who were not guests. Breakfast was subpar. Won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms not on the I75 corridor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us. I'm sorry that your experience was not up to standards. We have made some staffing changes and if you stay here again, I think you will find improvements.
Athens, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I've stayed in several of the Residence Inn's around the country and this is the worst I've been in. The room was appointed with cheap fixtures and a a slight but noticable odor. The mattress was sub-par. The breakfast was below Residence Inn standards also and numerous items were depleted. Although this is typically a good chain, I can't recommend this one for the money charged.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us in November. I'm very sorry that you didn't have a good experience. We are always working hard to improve and use your comments for training and improvement. I think if you stay again, you will find your experience more pleasurable.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Well I was only at this location for one day, but could easily see using it as an extended stay.

Employees seemed to genuinely care. Amenties big and small had attention to detail.

I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with a friend and the beds and pillows were better than mine at home. Bathrooms and kitchens were clean. No bugs dead or alive. Each bedroom had it's own full bathroom. Common area was decent sized and comfortable to just hanging out.

Outside was clean and safe. Equipment room was clean and didn't smell like a locker room. Breakfast was really good. Hot breakfast, not continental.

Location was where most of the hotels are on the east side of Macon. Really not too far from anything.

I can't stress how good the employees were.

After seeing Melchiori on Hotel Impossible, I tend to look at hotels' attention to detail to distinguish a good hotel from a great one. I could not find any downside to this hotel.

Room Tip: Did not see regular hotel rooms. Only the 2 bedroom suite. Found agreat price through the Marriott...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us in October. I was delighted that you had a good stay. Please come back again!
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Residence Inn Macon - 3900 Sheraton Drive, Macon, GA 31210
My wife and I spent one night, Sunday, July 29, 2012 at this Residence Inn. We were greeted by a very helpful and jolly receptionist and were given an upgrade to a two bedroom suite. The suite including the two bathrooms were very clean. The bed was very comfortable as well as the couch and chair. The full size refrigerator was helpful. The hot breakfast was very good and the breakfast room was clean and well attended to.

We did not use the swimming pool or gym. My suggestions would be to better insulate the A/C closet in one of the bedrooms to reduce the noise level and to add an a ice machine to be made available in a hallway without going to the office for ice. Definitely recommend this Residence Inn in Macon GA.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dana C, General Manager at Residence Inn Macon, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate the kind comments and the constructive criticism. Please stay with us next time you are traveling through Macon.
Marion, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel was very clean, beautifully decorated, quiet and very friendly service. Breakfast was setup nicely and lots of seating. Employees were friendly and very helpful. Nice pool. Located right off 75, easy to get to plus restaurants close by for dinner. We were able to eat breakfast at hotel, go across the street to get gas and get right back on to 75. Will stay again next year on way to Florida.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
I'm delighted you had a good stay at our Hotel. Thanks so much for the feedback. We look forward to hosting you again.

Been to Residence Inn Macon? Share your experiences!