“I wouldn't stay here again” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Macon
Greenwood, Michigan
“I wouldn't stay here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

We stayed here overnight on our way to Florida. I saw a sign that they were an award winning hotel. However, I wouldn't stay here again.

The check in staff member was bored to death and borderline rude. Very unfriendly.

Our room seemed old and outdated. There was a big gap under the door to our room so I put a towel there to keep the A/C in and the heat and bugs out. The bathroom was clean enough. The room itself didn't seem very fresh.The beds were hard. It just wasn't comfortable.

There is a Cracker Barrel across the street. And a Hampton Inn next to it. I wish we had stayed there like my husband wanted to originally!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Newnan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

Gold Metal winner. Don't thinks so! Motel is OK. It's clean but carpet needs attention. Alarm clock broken.Great rate. Close to interstate 475. Plenty eateries and shopping close by. Would stay again bt come on, Gold Metal Winner" nah

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Savannah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2007

I thought getting a hotel through Orbitz would be a great idea. Well was I wrong. This hotel was dirty, the TV had burn marks as did the countersink and bathtub. The bathroom was old and very dirty. The room smelled of something I don't even want to consider. The front desk person was not very helpful , his english was extremely poor so it was hard to understand him or get him to understand me. The fridge was dirty with stuff from the previous occupant still in it. No hair dryer or iron in the room. Had to get the iron from the front desk and it was locked to the board. Who really wants to steal an iron? All in all I will never stary her again and advise people not to either. 6-16-07 Linda, from Georgia

In fact I want my money back!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2007

We stayed here on the way down to Florida. It is right off of I-75 and very convenient. The room was large and clean. We travel with our dogs which they allow. Nice place to stay on the way to and back from Florida. Also the Inn is next to a wonderful Indian food restaurant. We will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Myers, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2006

My wife and I stopped at this Rodeway after seeing signs on I-75. The first room assigned was dirty and run-down. This was not up to our expectations from the advertising slogan, "Inn of the Year". It turns out that that award was in 1993, so that was false advertising. We requested another room, which turned out to be almost as dirty as the first, with dirty surfaces, dirty carpet, tears in the sheets and almost no amenities such as a coffee maker, iron, etc. Needless to say, we spent a creepy night.
Rodeway is part of the ChoiceHotels group, which we have had good luck with, but this Rodeway does not belong there, is to be avoided. It was a profound disappointment.

• Liked — Convenient Interstate Location
  • Disliked — Filthy, run-down room.
  • Tips/Secrets — Avoid it like the plague!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cookeville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2006

We stopped for the night on a car trip down South. This place is old, and needs to be leveled. The price of 43.00 was good, but I guess you get what you paid for. The room was so dirty, I wouldnt even let the kids put their PJ's on. I made them sleep in their clothes, which were changed the next day. Loud AC unit, terrible odors, gross carpet, dirty sink and toilet. GROSS GROSS GROSS Never again!

• Stayed May 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2005

I wouldn't recomend staying at this hotel. The room had a terrible smell of bodyodor. The sink was dirty and stained. The bathtub and bathroom floor was full of hair. We wanted a quick and easy palce to get a nights sleep while passing thru on the interstate but the air conditioner was so loud sleep was impossible. We had to turn it off and sweat. I figured this was why the room smelled so bad.

Stayed September 2005

Been to Days Inn Macon I-475? Share your experiences!